Lucic- Get over yourself

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Lucic- Get over yourself

Apparently Lucic is still beaking about the clean hip check that Emelin gave him. Hey Lucic....Get the fawk over yourself. Move on & start concentrating on the Blackhawks. Even IF the hit was a low bridge (which it wasn't). You can't be throwing stones inside a glass house! You've done your fair share of borderline things. You're a Bruin....Not a Penguin, or a Canuck here! Quit your fawking whining it's embarrassing & hypocritical of you to be screaming foul! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Re: Lucic- Get over yourself

That was almost exactly the same hit Marchand laid on Salo a couple years ago, and everyone was up in arms about it. Marchand got a 5 minute major, a game misconduct and a 5 game suspension for it.

Not saying I disagree with you, because at some point regardless you need to let go and move on. But, you can certainly understand why he might take exception to a guy submarining him.

In 2011, Shanaban released this statment:

"As the video shows, Marchand skates towards Salo along the boards," Shanahan said in a video posted on the league's website. "Rather than deliver a shoulder-to-shoulder check, Marchand drops down dangerously low into Salo's knee area, propelling Salo up and over, causing an injury."

The only difference here was that Lucic wasn't injured.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to socca10's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was almost exactly the same hit Marchand laid on Salo a couple years ago, and everyone was up in arms about it. Marchand got a 5 minute major, a game misconduct and a 5 game suspension for it.

Not saying I disagree with you, because at some point regardless you need to let go and move on. But, you can certainly understand why he might take exception to a guy submarining him.

In 2011, Shanaban released this statment:

"As the video shows, Marchand skates towards Salo along the boards," Shanahan said in a video posted on the league's website. "Rather than deliver a shoulder-to-shoulder check, Marchand drops down dangerously low into Salo's knee area, propelling Salo up and over, causing an injury."

The only difference here was that Lucic wasn't injured.

[/QUOTE]

Marchand didn't use his hip to check Salo! He ducked & Salo went flying over him. HUGE difference. You obvisiously don't know what a hip check is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

[/QUOTE]

Marchand didn't use his hip to check Salo! He ducked & Salo went flying over him. HUGE difference. You obvisiously don't know what a hip check is.

[/QUOTE]

Watch them again. Neither was truly a hip check as both were really with the back. They're almost identical hits.

I'm not disagreeing with your point about getting over it, but in both cases the guy went low with the intent to flip their opponent over. I understand why Lucic might be pissed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Depends on what he's saying.  If it's that he didn't like it and thought it was borderline, and thinks Emelin turtled rather than answer for it, then I'm okay with it.  It boils down to he's angry and wants a piece of Emelin.  I'd rather he have that fire burning.

If he's saying "how come Marshy got suspended when he did it but a Shab can do it to me and not even get a penalty!  how come the refs didn't protect me?  how come no one called 9-11?  where's Bill Shatner?" then yes, I agree with nite - shut up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to socca10's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Watch them again. Neither was truly a hip check as both were really with the back. They're almost identical hits.

I'm not disagreeing with your point about getting over it, but in both cases the guy went low with the intent to flip their opponent over. I understand why Lucic might be pissed.

[/QUOTE]

I have. Salo went over Marchands back not his hip. Emelin hit Lucic with his hip first then the follow thru. That's a text book execution of a hip check & the that's the perfect result. The hip check is a lost art in this league. It takes timing & precision to make & Emelin did it flawlessly. Besides all the whining does is let the other teams in the league know what will get under Lucic' skin  now. So now more guys will try it & that in itself creates the opportunity of someone actually low bridging him & hurting him permantly. Shut the fawk up Lucic & take a number & be like an elephant. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Depends on what he's saying.  If it's that he didn't like it and thought it was borderline, and thinks Emelin turtled rather than answer for it, then I'm okay with it.  It boils down to he's angry and wants a piece of Emelin.  I'd rather he have that fire burning.

If he's saying "how come Marshy got suspended when he did it but a Shab can do it to me and not even get a penalty!  how come the refs didn't protect me?  how come no one called 9-11?  where's Bill Shatner?" then yes, I agree with nite - shut up.

[/QUOTE]

Miller didnt like Lucics hit and said so.  Miller was a wussbag in here.  Lucic got hit with a clean hit.  Emelin shouldnt have to answer the bell.   He also has a metal plate in his head and cant fight.   Lucic needs to shut pie hole.  Take the hit.  take his number and hope they meet again. Hes not gretzky.  Hes lucic.  If he was embarrassed then dont skate around like no one will touch you.   I didnt hear emelin crying over any of the lucic hits hes taken.  He didnt even chirp him after the nad shot.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

FAWK FAWK FAWK!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

That was Ulf Samuelson like, could have done permanent damage

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BostonBruinss' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ulf went knee on knee.  That was a perfectly timed old school hit check that was hip on hip.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Miller was a wussbag because he was column B above - "how can the league let guys like Lucic get away with things like that?  He's a piece of s...."  Tough talk in the locker room.

True or false - Emelin runs around and doesn't back it up?

True or false - Lucic has a reputation for running goalies and attempting to injure players?

I agree that you shouldn't have to fight Lucic (or Iginla for that matter) every time you get a good lick in on them.  The only thing I'm saying here is that when it's a guy who runs around, I know my interpretation of whether it was clean or not would be heavily slanted if I was Lucic.  It's not the one hit; it's the whole bag of tricks I want to hit like a pinata (see what I did there?).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ulf went knee on knee.  That was a perfectly timed old school hit check that was hip on hip.  

[/QUOTE]

Neely didn`t have a knee injury it was a thigh contusion. Could have happened the same to Lucic, looks at the side view pics and you will see

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I posted the pic on twitter. hip to hip give me a break!!!

https://twitter.com/crono420

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Miller was a wussbag because he was column B above - "how can the league let guys like Lucic get away with things like that?  He's a piece of s...."  Tough talk in the locker room.

True or false - Lucic has a reputation for running goalies and attempting to injure players?

I agree that you shouldn't have to fight Lucic (or Iginla for that matter) every time you get a good lick in on them.  The only thing I'm saying here is that when it's a guy who runs around, I know my interpretation of whether it was clean or not would be heavily slanted if I was Lucic.  It's not the one hit; it's the whole bag of tricks I want to hit like a pinata (see what I did there?).

[/QUOTE]

True and true.  Emelin cant fight.  Metal plate in head.  Shouldnt have to "back it up".  He knocked a guy down.  After all the lucic runs on him he got caught.  Then cries that hes a chicken.  Its like the bully who got beat at his own game and lost his own lunch money.  

These guys have been going at it for a couple yrs.  Its what makes hockey....well hockey.  Lucic looks like a nerd calling names.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is true! However, that isn't going change with Lucic whining. Lucic was winning the war between the two. With him still going on about it,  the tide is changing. Lucic is thinking that since Emelin couldn't match him in the strength department he resorted to a low bridge. This is where the coaches need to take Lucic & put a shock collar around him. Take him to the video room & show him exactly what a hip check looks like. Calm him down & tell him to stop making a fool of himself & the organization. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I posted the pic on twitter. hip to hip give me a break!!!

https://twitter.com/crono420

[/QUOTE]

I cant open it.  I have seen the hit numerous times.  I thought it was a great hit.  Its funny we are seeing more lower hits.  Why?  Cant hit regular way bc everything is a head shot.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Emelin hit on Lucic

It was a clean hit and Lucic has earned the right to chirp during the games and to the media after. This is what Montreal does to get Boston off there game and take penalties. If these two teams were out of the playoffs, Monday nights game still would gave been chippy with lots of chirping.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejacks. Show ejacks's posts

[QUOTE]

Miller didnt like Lucics hit and said so.  Miller was a wussbag in here.  Lucic got hit with a clean hit.  Emelin shouldnt have to answer the bell.   He also has a metal plate in his head and cant fight.   Lucic needs to shut pie hole.  Take the hit.  take his number and hope they meet again. Hes not gretzky.  Hes lucic.  If he was embarrassed then dont skate around like no one will touch you.   I didnt hear emelin crying over any of the lucic hits hes taken.  He didnt even chirp him after the nad shot.   

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree that Lucic should shut up - but not because Emelin shouldn't have to answer the bell.  The hit was borderline - I agree on no call, but it was VERY close to coming at Lucic's knees.  If Emelin, like his buddy Subban (and most of the rest of the Habs, and Canucks), wants to be a tough guy and then run away when someone calls him out for a cheap, or even borderline, hit - that's what he is going to do.  It doesnt make it the right thing to do, and Lucic is right that Emelin is a chicken, but he does have a right to be a chicken instigator.   And before you throw Marchy into this category, I've seen him stick up for himself a lot more than I've seen Subban or Emelin do so.

Players like Subban and Emelin are going to do that kind of crap, and mouth off all the time, and put their shoulder into a guy in an attempt to draw a penalty (a lal Subban and Boychuk), and turtle when challenged.  The options are either 1) shut up, and find a legitimate circumstance to blast them later in the game, season, or series; or 2) plan on your PK getting a lot of work. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Emelin hit on Lucic

It was a clean hit and Lucic has earned the right to chirp during the games and to the media after. This is what Montreal does to get Boston off there game and take penalties. If these two teams were out of the playoffs, Monday nights game still would gave been chippy with lots of chirping.

[/QUOTE]

Even 2 days after dog? I mean shouldn't his focus be on the Hawks which is now the closer to of the 2 games time wise? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I cant open it.  I have seen the hit numerous times.  I thought it was a great hit.  Its funny we are seeing more lower hits.  Why?  Cant hit regular way bc everything is a head shot.  

[/QUOTE]

It was a beauty to watch a beautiful hipcheck. Even if it was against a Bruin. You don't see many of these anymore. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apparently Lucic is still beaking about the clean hip check that Emelin gave him. Hey Lucic....Get the fawk over yourself. Move on & start concentrating on the Blackhawks. Even IF the hit was a low bridge (which it wasn't). You can't be throwing stones inside a glass house! You've done your fair share of borderline things. You're a Bruin....Not a Penguin, or a Canuck here! Quit your fawking whining it's embarrassing & hypocritical of you to be screaming foul! 

[/QUOTE]

What exactly is Lucic even saying about it Nite? Where's the link?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Even 2 days after dog? I mean shouldn't his focus be on the Hawks which is now the closer to of the 2 games time wise? [/QUOTE]

I didn't realize Lucic had more to say after his initial post-game interview. I also don't think Milan will have anything on his mind but a Hawk on his plate when the puck drops manana.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to ejacks' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree that Lucic should shut up - but not because Emelin shouldn't have to answer the bell.  The hit was borderline - I agree on no call, but it was VERY close to coming at Lucic's knees.  If Emelin, like his buddy Subban (and most of the rest of the Habs, and Canucks), wants to be a tough guy and then run away when someone calls him out for a cheap, or even borderline, hit - that's what he is going to do.  It doesnt make it the right thing to do, and Lucic is right that Emelin is a chicken, but he does have a right to be a chicken instigator.   And before you throw Marchy into this category, I've seen him stick up for himself a lot more than I've seen Subban or Emelin do so.

Players like Subban and Emelin are going to do that kind of crap, and mouth off all the time, and put their shoulder into a guy in an attempt to draw a penalty (a lal Subban and Boychuk), and turtle when challenged.  The options are either 1) shut up, and find a legitimate circumstance to blast them later in the game, season, or series; or 2) plan on your PK getting a lot of work. 

[/QUOTE]

They have seen how both guys play(pk-emelin).   Emelin to his credit has taken more then he has given.   He plays hard.   No issue with him.   Pk is their best player.  Causes havoc and i dont like his after the whistle stuff.  

Marchand hasnt dropped his gloves more.    Emelin physically cant fight.    

Kronwall and Weber are big hitters.   How come they dont have to fight?   Bc they arent a hab or canuck? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What exactly is Lucic even saying about it Nite? Where's the link?

[/QUOTE]

I only saw post game rant.   Hows your blizzard.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ejacks' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They have seen how both guys play(pk-emelin).   Emelin to his credit has taken more then he has given.   He plays hard.   No issue with him.   Pk is their best player.  Causes havoc and i dont like his after the whistle stuff.  

Marchand hasnt dropped his gloves more.    Emelin physically cant fight.    

Kronwall and Weber are big hitters.   How come they dont have to fight?   Bc they arent a hab or canuck? 

[/QUOTE]

Weber is a star player who's fought 15 times in the NHL. Who says he doesn't have to fight?