1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Lucic- Get over yourself

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Apparently Lucic is still beaking about the clean hip check that Emelin gave him. Hey Lucic....Get the fawk over yourself. Move on & start concentrating on the Blackhawks. Even IF the hit was a low bridge (which it wasn't). You can't be throwing stones inside a glass house! You've done your fair share of borderline things. You're a Bruin....Not a Penguin, or a Canuck here! Quit your fawking whining it's embarrassing & hypocritical of you to be screaming foul! 

[/QUOTE]

What exactly is Lucic even saying about it Nite? Where's the link?

[/QUOTE]

I only saw post game rant.   Hows your blizzard.  

[/QUOTE]

It's starting out strong. I expect it to only get worse. How is it going in Halifax?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejacks. Show ejacks's posts

In response to ejacks' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Depends on what he's saying.  If it's that he didn't like it and thought it was borderline, and thinks Emelin turtled rather than answer for it, then I'm okay with it.  It boils down to he's angry and wants a piece of Emelin.  I'd rather he have that fire burning.

If he's saying "how come Marshy got suspended when he did it but a Shab can do it to me and not even get a penalty!  how come the refs didn't protect me?  how come no one called 9-11?  where's Bill Shatner?" then yes, I agree with nite - shut up.

Miller didnt like Lucics hit and said so.  Miller was a wussbag in here.  Lucic got hit with a clean hit.  Emelin shouldnt have to answer the bell.   He also has a metal plate in his head and cant fight.   Lucic needs to shut pie hole.  Take the hit.  take his number and hope they meet again. Hes not gretzky.  Hes lucic.  If he was embarrassed then dont skate around like no one will touch you.   I didnt hear emelin crying over any of the lucic hits hes taken.  He didnt even chirp him after the nad shot.   

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree that Lucic should shut up - but not because Emelin shouldn't have to answer the bell.  The hit was borderline - I agree on no call, but it was VERY close to coming at Lucic's knees.  If Emelin, like his buddy Subban (and most of the rest of the Habs, and Canucks), wants to be a tough guy and then run away when someone calls him out for a cheap, or even borderline, hit - that's what he is going to do.  It doesnt make it the right thing to do, and Lucic is right that Emelin is a chicken, but he does have a right to be a chicken instigator.   And before you throw Marchy into this category, I've seen him stick up for himself a lot more than I've seen Subban or Emelin do so.

Players like Subban and Emelin are going to do that kind of crap, and mouth off all the time, and put their shoulder into a guy in an attempt to draw a penalty (a lal Subban and Boychuk), and turtle when challenged.  The options are either 1) shut up, and find a legitimate circumstance to blast them later in the game, season, or series; or 2) plan on your PK getting a lot of work. 

[/QUOTE]

They have seen how both guys play(pk-emelin).   Emelin to his credit has taken more then he has given.   He plays hard.   No issue with him.   Pk is their best player.  Causes havoc and i dont like his after the whistle stuff.  

Marchand hasnt dropped his gloves more.    Emelin physically cant fight.    

Kronwall and Weber are big hitters.   How come they dont have to fight?   Bc they arent a hab or canuck? 

[/QUOTE]

Or a Penguin (a la Orpick).

There is a difference between big hitters, and cheap hitters.  And when you fall into the second category often enough, even your "clean" hits are going to be srcutinized, especially by other players - for whom there is a difference between "clean"and "legal."  I will acknowledge that the Emelin hit was legal, but it was borderline dirty.  But he did take a fair amount of a return beating during the course of play.  I wouldn't put him in PK's category as an instigator with no backbone, but I will note that if you have a condition that prevents you from fighting a) it probably prevents you from playing hockey, too; and b) even if not, it should make you think twice about issuing borderline "dirty but legal" hits. 

BTW, if the Bruins end up in a series against Kronwall or Weber and either one does what Orpik did to Luis E. (not so much Elemin's hit last night), I think someone in black and gold will ask them to answer for it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Depends on what he's saying.  If it's that he didn't like it and thought it was borderline, and thinks Emelin turtled rather than answer for it, then I'm okay with it.  It boils down to he's angry and wants a piece of Emelin.  I'd rather he have that fire burning.

If he's saying "how come Marshy got suspended when he did it but a Shab can do it to me and not even get a penalty!  how come the refs didn't protect me?  how come no one called 9-11?  where's Bill Shatner?" then yes, I agree with nite - shut up.

[/QUOTE]

Miller didnt like Lucics hit and said so.  Miller was a wussbag in here.  Lucic got hit with a clean hit.  Emelin shouldnt have to answer the bell.   He also has a metal plate in his head and cant fight.   Lucic needs to shut pie hole.  Take the hit.  take his number and hope they meet again. Hes not gretzky.  Hes lucic.  If he was embarrassed then dont skate around like no one will touch you.   I didnt hear emelin crying over any of the lucic hits hes taken.  He didnt even chirp him after the nad shot.   

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree that Lucic should shut up - but not because Emelin shouldn't have to answer the bell.  The hit was borderline - I agree on no call, but it was VERY close to coming at Lucic's knees.  If Emelin, like his buddy Subban (and most of the rest of the Habs, and Canucks), wants to be a tough guy and then run away when someone calls him out for a cheap, or even borderline, hit - that's what he is going to do.  It doesnt make it the right thing to do, and Lucic is right that Emelin is a chicken, but he does have a right to be a chicken instigator.   And before you throw Marchy into this category, I've seen him stick up for himself a lot more than I've seen Subban or Emelin do so.

Players like Subban and Emelin are going to do that kind of crap, and mouth off all the time, and put their shoulder into a guy in an attempt to draw a penalty (a lal Subban and Boychuk), and turtle when challenged.  The options are either 1) shut up, and find a legitimate circumstance to blast them later in the game, season, or series; or 2) plan on your PK getting a lot of work. 

[/QUOTE]

They have seen how both guys play(pk-emelin).   Emelin to his credit has taken more then he has given.   He plays hard.   No issue with him.   Pk is their best player.  Causes havoc and i dont like his after the whistle stuff.  

Marchand hasnt dropped his gloves more.    Emelin physically cant fight.    

Kronwall and Weber are big hitters.   How come they dont have to fight?   Bc they arent a hab or canuck? 

[/QUOTE]

Or a Penguin (a la Orpick).

There is a difference between big hitters, and cheap hitters.  And when you fall into the second category often enough, even your "clean" hits are going to be srcutinized, especially by other players - for whom there is a difference between "clean"and "legal."  I will acknowledge that the Emelin hit was legal, but it was borderline dirty.  But he did take a fair amount of a return beating during the course of play.  I wouldn't put him in PK's category as an instigator with no backbone, but I will note that if you have a condition that prevents you from fighting a) it probably prevents you from playing hockey, too; and b) even if not, it should make you think twice about issuing borderline "dirty but legal" hits. 

BTW, if the Bruins end up in a series against Kronwall or Weber and either one does what Orpik did to Luis E. (not so much Elemin's hit last night), I think someone in black and gold will ask them to answer for it. 

[/QUOTE]

Kronwall has delivered more questionable but legal hits then all combined.    Zero chance kronwall or weber would fight.   No need to.   Hitting is legal.   Bruins are no angles.  If lucic runs a guy does he have to fight laraque back in the day?   Nope.  Would he have to fight parros?   Hockey hits are part of the game.  I dont see why guys have to fight after.  Especially someone like emelin who has a physical reason why he cant.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Apparently Lucic is still beaking about the clean hip check that Emelin gave him. Hey Lucic....Get the fawk over yourself. Move on & start concentrating on the Blackhawks. Even IF the hit was a low bridge (which it wasn't). You can't be throwing stones inside a glass house! You've done your fair share of borderline things. You're a Bruin....Not a Penguin, or a Canuck here! Quit your fawking whining it's embarrassing & hypocritical of you to be screaming foul! 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I only saw post game rant.   Hows your blizzard.  

[/QUOTE]

It's starting out strong. I expect it to only get worse. How is it going in Halifax?

[/QUOTE]

Heavy wind.  Still have power.  Snow is drifting.  Lots of the south shore is without power.  Stay  inside and watch some hockey tonight man.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree , there was nothing wrong with that check...perfectly executed . Looch , shut your pie hole

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Holy crap.  Are we all watching the same play?

Emelin's hit on Lucic was a fine, legal play.

Marchand on Salo and Samuelsson on Neely are completely different plays.

If Lucic didn't like it, he has all the ability in the world to inflict serious pain next time. 

Make it so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No link, but Boomer Gordon said this AM on radio just as his "To the Point" segment was ending. "Milan Lucic just sent "another" message about the Emelin hit. Time for Lucic to remember that he has a game tomorrow against the Stanely Cup Champions." And Boomer loves Lucic. So I don't know what exactly Lucic said. I don't believe it was twitter, because Boomer hates twitter. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Holy crap.  Are we all watching the same play?

Emelin's hit on Lucic was a fine, legal play.

Marchand on Salo and Samuelsson on Neely are completely different plays.

If Lucic didn't like it, he has all the ability in the world to inflict serious pain next time. 

Make it so.

[/QUOTE]

That's my take on it too NAS. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No link, but Boomer Gordon said this AM on radio just as his "To the Point" segment was ending. "Milan Lucic just sent "another" message about the Emelin hit. Time for Lucic to remember that he has a game tomorrow against the Stanely Cup Champions." And Boomer loves Lucic. So I don't know what exactly Lucic said. I don't believe it was twitter, because Boomer hates twitter. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was just wondering what was up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

If that was hip on hip, as some have said, then tell me how Luc goes a s s over tea kettle? Physics wouldnt allow it.  Hip checks are generally to the thigh, this one was low on the thigh. Marchand on Salo was at about the same height on the thigh.  Legal, yes, but borderline dirty.

I think Luc does himself a disservice with anything that resembles whining like this does.

But I love him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:
    [QUOTE]

If that was hip on hip, as some have said, then tell me how Luc goes a s s over tea kettle? Physics wouldnt allow it.  Hip checks are generally to the thigh, this one was low on the thigh. Marchand on Salo was at about the same height on the thigh.  Legal, yes, but borderline dirty.

I think Luc does himself a disservice with anything that resembles whining like this does.

But I love him.

[/QUOTE]

This happens over 90% of the time with hip checks. Check back as far as you can get on you tube. Physics allows it plenty. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:
    [QUOTE]

But I love him.

[/QUOTE]

This happens over 90% of the time with hip checks. Check back as far as you can get on you tube. Physics allows it plenty. 

[/QUOTE]

Hip on hip happens lots, I agree but it tends to spin/rotate the receiver more than send him up and over like Luc and Salo.  I don't agree at all with your % though but that may be because we see the hip / thigh  distinction differently. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

I would agree with you, but the playoffs are coming.

Everything is fair in love and war. I want to make a big stink, not just Emelin, but the rest of the coward Habs, who get away with everything all the time.

Keep talking about it. Talk to the Supervisor of Officials, the Officals, their wives, daughters and sons. I want it on everyone's mind so they can keep their eyes open.

If they don't keep their eyes open, here is what Lucic should do: Whichever clown causes the next ruckus, Lucic should should not retailate but skate right over to the Ref and ask - "did you see what he did?" If the Ref answers yes and does not call a penalty, next opportunity, cause havoc in fornt of the Montreal goal while a teammate flips the puck toward goal. Play ugly in the Hab zone. Score ugly. Don't try to slalom the puck into the net. Ugly goals will end the Hab's attitude.

I want all Bruins talking to the Refs after every incident, then taking it out on the Habs by playing ugly in the Montreal end.

Habs and cowards hate ugly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

A better way to say it would be, it's much easier to flip the guy by catching him on the thigh. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Kinda like the Chara hit on Patches, it's legal but you still don't like it.

I'm surprised somebody shupe's size is so content with it.  I was 6'3, 200lb when I played and it drove me crazy when somebody had time to line me up for an open ice hit, but then chose to go so low that I was flipped upside down.  I don't care if it's legal, it's a little dirty and a lot dangerous.  A hip check along the boards is one thing, where you strategically use your stick to take away the middle and your hip to take away the boards.  But when you just chose to duck down, in the open ice, to up-end someone, it stinks.

I think the Marchand hit on Salo was a good deal worse, but not all that different.  In each case the player could have gone body to body, and in each case the player ducked down low enough to literally flip the other guy upside down.  Neither met the definition of a slew foot (as defined) or were lower than the knee.  I didn't mind Marchand getting punished, simply because the hit was so dangerous and reckless that you'd expect Salo to get hurt.

If I'm Lucic, I'm seething too though.  If you look at the stress of that hit on his knee, thigh, and hip you're almost surpised he got up.

In trotting out the shupe/Montreal logic that Emelin 'can't afford to fight' because of injury risk, I would think Lucic could respond that he "can't afford to have his knees taken out" by the same logic.  Emelin didn't give him a choice.  Maybe Lucic returns the favor.  No problem with a "no-choice" fight there from me.

And that said, agreed on enough talk from Looch.  Speak softly, carry a big fist.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think Lucic is crying about the hit, I just think he is responding to questions being asked to him. It was a clean hit, but I'm sure Lucic felt Emelin was going after his knees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm surprised somebody shupe's size is so content with it.  I was 6'3, 200lb when I played and it drove me crazy when somebody had time to line me up for an open ice hit, but then chose to go so low that I was flipped upside down.  I don't care if it's legal, it's a little dirty and a lot dangerous.  A hip check along the boards is one thing, where you strategically use your stick to take away the middle and your hip to take away the boards.  But when you just chose to duck down, in the open ice, to up-end someone, it stinks.

I think the Marchand hit on Salo was a good deal worse, but not all that different.  In each case the player could have gone body to body, and in each case the player ducked down low enough to literally flip the other guy upside down.  Neither met the definition of a slew foot (as defined) or were lower than the knee.  I didn't mind Marchand getting punished, simply because the hit was so dangerous and reckless that you'd expect Salo to get hurt.

If I'm Lucic, I'm seething too though.  If you look at the stress of that hit on his knee, thigh, and hip you're almost surpised he got up.

In trotting out the shupe/Montreal logic that Emelin 'can't afford to fight' because of injury risk, I would think Lucic could respond that he "can't afford to have his knees taken out" by the same logic.  Emelin didn't give him a choice.  Maybe Lucic returns the favor.  No problem with a "no-choice" fight there from me.

And that said, agreed on enough talk from Looch.  Speak softly, carry a big fist.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Lucic is crying about the hit, I just think he is responding to questions being asked to him. It was a clean hit, but I'm sure Lucic felt Emelin was going after his knees.

[/QUOTE]

His response should be very simple. " That game is behind us. I'm looking at the Blackhawks right now." If the reporters keep at him about the samething. " I already said my piece on it. I have no further comment." End of story. The reporters can only report what you give them. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That was my initial point, kel.  If Lucic feels like there was something about the hit he didn't like, then I'm okay with him being hot about it.  And "Oh, I have platehead" is a convenient excuse to use borderline dirty tactics and not have to answer for them.  Can't take the consequences of your actions, act differently.

I say that in perfect agreement that you shouldn't have to fight every time you lay a hit, but as someone else here said, if that hit is part of a pattern of "agitation", and it becomes the proverbial straw, then yeah, reap what you've sown.  It's also different when it's the hitter and the hittee in my eyes - no third party representation.

And I have no interest in wheat's strategy of moaning about the Scabs so that they get scrutinized.  In that, yes - shut up and just beat the stuffing out of them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

That was my initial point, kel.  If Lucic feels like there was something about the hit he didn't like, then I'm okay with him being hot about it.  And "Oh, I have platehead" is a convenient excuse to use borderline dirty tactics and not have to answer for them.  Can't take the consequences of your actions, act differently.

I say that in perfect agreement that you shouldn't have to fight every time you lay a hit, but as someone else here said, if that hit is part of a pattern of "agitation", and it becomes the proverbial straw, then yeah, reap what you've sown.  It's also different when it's the hitter and the hittee in my eyes - no third party representation.

And I have no interest in wheat's strategy of moaning about the Scabs so that they get scrutinized.  In that, yes - shut up and just beat the stuffing out of them.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this as well. If you're not up to what comes with making borderline plays. Don't write "checks" your body can't cash. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'll admit I didn't look hard but this is all I've found so far.......

BOSTON - Bruins forward Milan Lucic called Montreal Canadiens defenseman Alexei Emelin "a chicken" after the Canadiens snapped Boston's winning streak at 12 games with a 2-1 shootout win at TD Garden.

Early in the first period, Emelin upended Lucic with a clean, open-ice hip check in the neutral zone. Bruins captain Zdeno Chara took exception to the hit and tried to get Emelin to drop the gloves but he did not oblige and Chara was given a two-minute roughing penalty at 1:19.

"Whether it's fair, legal or whatever you want to call it, if he wasn't scared, he would stand up and hit me and not go after my knees," Lucic said. "It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down. It shows what kind of player he is, and on my end, you know you've got to keep your guard up at all times."

Lucic and Emelin continued their physical play throughout the game. Late in the third period, the video replay showed Lucic hit Emelin in the backside with the toe of his stick, but it's unclear exactly where he connected. Emelin skated off the ice hunched over.

"Just skating by him and that's all," Lucic said. "People are trying to say I speared him. I did not spear him, so that's it."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ive seen lucic drive this guy hard the last time they played.  He didnt slow down, drove his head into the boards essentially.  Then on his slap shot goal if you watch the hit its boarder line as well.   emelin delivered a clean solid hit.  I had nothing but good things to say about the hit.  Timing those kinda hits are hard.  It was a thing of beauty.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rob Blake might be one of the best at using his rump.  I just went and watched some of his greatest hits.  Man he was good.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Lucic had to fight Barch & Clowe in the past week. McLeod goes searching out Campbell. Last Montreal game Purst came looking for a game changer & chose Miller ticking Thorthon off. Miller had to answer to Moen for the Weiss check. Each & every time the Bruin saying "OK" Maybe if Montreal would answer the bell, we wouldnt be talking about this. Clean hit or not your looking at past history & someones livelihood.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jesus Marion Joseph.

It's not dirty.  It's not illegal.  It's a freakin' hip check.  As a player, you love throwing them and hate receiving them.

Maybe you guys should watch Red's leagues instead.