Lucic- Get over yourself

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Lucic- Get over yourself

In response to Chef09's comment:

There was a time when here in Vancouver, Lucic could do no wrong. That has changed. The poll question for the local sports station was: "are NHL players too sensitive about hard legal hits" inspired by the Lucic nad tap and his comments afterwards. The comments he made after the punch incident came up again-Lucic playing the victim. "He hit me". He may forget that everything he says doesn't stay in Boston. I wish someone in P.R. for the B's would just ask him to stop talking because it often gets spun as whining. In fact, the local media in Van are now speculating that the Bruins have now taken over the moniker of most hated team from the Canuckleheads. It makes me sad. I love how Lucic plays the game. I'm not a huge fan of the hip check when it takes a guys knees out or the player going head- over- tea-kettle with razor blades on his feet nearly cuts someone's head off.

I can understand that point of view, chef, but I don't share it.  People's feelings about the team or the players mean absolutely nothing to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

Because when I have a bone I chew on it.....and Yemelin makes me think of Yellow and Yellow is a synonyme of coward.

Okay, well, that's dumb.

I'll stop this conversation with you now, bob.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Emelin's hit was a clean, beautiful hip-check. Lucic doesn't like it because he's 6'4" and top heavy, so high hits are to his advantage - low hits favor players who are shorter and stocky.

The only thing bad about Emelin's hit was that it was a bit "predatory" in style, as in Emelin moved from his position and was thinking about plowing Lucic the whole way...kinda like a classic Scott Stevens.  It's something we see fairly often from Boychuck and from Lucic himself.  I would love it if I was a habs fan.

It's fair for Lucic to be pissed that Emelin wanted to hit him hard, I hope he gives it to him the next time they play.

As far as companring to Marchand or Samuelson - umm, no.  Nothing alike.  But I didn't have a real problem with Marchand's play either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Emelin's hit was a clean, beautiful hip-check. Lucic doesn't like it because he's 6'4" and top heavy, so high hits are to his advantage - low hits favor players who are shorter and stocky.

The only thing bad about Emelin's hit was that it was a bit "predatory" in style, as in Emelin moved from his position and was thinking about plowing Lucic the whole way...kinda like a classic Scott Stevens.  It's something we see fairly often from Boychuck and from Lucic himself.  I would love it if I was a habs fan.

It's fair for Lucic to be pissed that Emelin wanted to hit him hard, I hope he gives it to him the next time they play.

As far as companring to Marchand or Samuelson - umm, no.  Nothing alike.  But I didn't have a real problem with Marchand's play either.

It's bad because he went out of his way to check the puck carrier?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nite I tend to agree with you on this point.  The hit was low but it was legal.  When I saw on TV, I remarked it was an old fashion hip check.  Furthermore I think the NHL should suspend him for the spear on Emelin.  Emelin may be a punk but spearing of anytype is worthy of suspension.  

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Apparently Lucic is still beaking about the clean hip check that Emelin gave him. Hey Lucic....Get the fawk over yourself. Move on & start concentrating on the Blackhawks. Even IF the hit was a low bridge (which it wasn't). You can't be throwing stones inside a glass house! You've done your fair share of borderline things. You're a Bruin....Not a Penguin, or a Canuck here! Quit your fawking whining it's embarrassing & hypocritical of you to be screaming foul! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's bad because he went out of his way to check the puck carrier?

To some extent.  You don't see these plays all the time, because most of the time they are dumb - they take you out of the play as well as the opposing player - and because most guys are not focused on hitting a particular player.  Phaneuf is the modern poster boy for these.

But I don't mind them.  I love watching them when our guys do it.  As I said, Lucic and Boychuck love making these plays and it gets me going when they happen.

What I mean by "bad" is that Emelin probably does not cut up ice to make the play if that's not Lucic.  They don't like each other, so he sees the chance and goes for it.  Just like Lucic isn't going to hit the brakes if Emelin is vulnerable.  It's "bad" if you're Lucic because Emelin is targeting him and it's "bad" because it's a risky play for the sake of contact.  But it's not a bad hit, by any stretch.  It was a thing of beauty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Is Lucic seeking out the media to talk about this or is the media still asking about it? As far as I know, Lucic doesn't hold press conferences, ask questions, or write articles.  

I think its moronic when people say player XYZ should stop talking about it. The media asks about it. If you want to be mad at anyone for not dropping it, be mad at the reporter who asked about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What I mean by "bad" is that Emelin probably does not cut up ice to make the play if that's not Lucic.  They don't like each other, so he sees the chance and goes for it.  Just like Lucic isn't going to hit the brakes if Emelin is vulnerable.  It's "bad" if you're Lucic because Emelin is targeting him and it's "bad" because it's a risky play for the sake of contact.  But it's not a bad hit, by any stretch.  It was a thing of beauty.

It's unknown if he would have made the same play on another player.  Maybe he made the move because Lucic is slower.  He might not have tried it against Marchand because he's likely to miss.  It's easier to bump a bull than it is to bump a deer. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Is Lucic seeking out the media to talk about this or is the media still asking about it? As far as I know, Lucic doesn't hold press conferences, ask questions, or write articles.  

I think its moronic when people say player XYZ should stop talking about it. The media asks about it. If you want to be mad at anyone for not dropping it, be mad at the reporter who asked about it.

Agreed.  Seems we're whining about it more than anyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Ive seen lucic drive this guy hard the last time they played.  He didnt slow down, drove his head into the boards essentially. 

GIF: Milan Lucic's big hit on Mike Weaver

Both hits were as clean as they get. Nothing boderline about either.

The Shabs are just taught to go straight down and look for a call.

If you cant see lucic jumping on the bottom one you better freeze frame it.  Lucic then looks at the refs.  Yemelin even turns to take the hit(unlike Scheen who turns bc its coming). Had lucic not jumped its likely a shoulder hit instead of the elbow to the head he took going into the glass.  Pretend thats Rinaldo on anyone.  Your freeze shot of the jump and elbow would make TMZ proud.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

This thread shouldn't even exist.

A reporter asked a questions two days after the hip check and Lucic answered the question. Someone's reaction on this board to the reporter's article is - Lucic Get over yoursel......and it becomes a 4 page thread (ok at least one page is about how to spell Yemelin and its my fault)...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I haven't seen anywhere were Lucic addressed the subject after the post-game interview. Milan can certainly prove to the player what he thinks about them the next time they play.

Yemlin means yellow in Kazakhstan. Didn't know if you knew that - Ali G told me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ive seen lucic drive this guy hard the last time they played.  He didnt slow down, drove his head into the boards essentially. 

If you cant see lucic jumping on the bottom one you better freeze frame it.  Lucic then looks at the refs.  Yemelin even turns to take the hit(unlike Scheen who turns bc its coming). Had lucic not jumped its likely a shoulder hit instead of the elbow to the head he took going into the glass.  Pretend thats Rinaldo on anyone.  Your freeze shot of the jump and elbow would make TMZ proud. 

Lucic never turned to the ref, he turned to look back at the play after the hit. Total exaggeration on your part to prove your right but you are false. Lucic never left his feet another false assertion...of course. No elbow to the head, both hits were to the shoulder, head hit the glass caused by a great hit. More fantasies!

Orlov had a day and half to realize what Schenn was doing because he was late. Orlov clearly lainched both skates off the ice. Milan was neither late nor did he hit between the numbers.

Shup is now starring in the New Fantasy Island.

"De plane, De Plane...don't touch my white suit!"

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Lucic never turned to the ref, he turned to look back at the play after the hit. Total exaggeration on your part to prove your right but you are false. Lucic never left his feet another false assertion...of course. No elbow to the head, both hits were to the shoulder, head hit the glass caused by a great hit. More fantasies!

Orlov had a day and half to realize what Schenn was doing because he was late. Orlov clearly lainched both skates off the ice. Milan was neither late nor did he hit between the numbers.

• Do you not see his feet off the ice.  You are losing your marbles.  Cant you freeze frame the end.  as for schenn hes done it twice now.  Hes the victim bc he made it that way.  Yemelin could have done that but turns to brace for the hit.  Lucic was on him the entire way in.  

Are shoulder to the head hits legal?   

Homer-Clause has come early this year.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yemelin could have done that but turns to brace for the hit.  Lucic was on him the entire way in.  

You just proved my point. Lucic was right on Yemelin all the way to the boards. Orlov was way behind Schenn and had time to adjust for the hit and still leaves his feet. Orlovs hit was right between the numbers, Lucic was on the outside of the shoulders on both hits.

"Boss do you think we have time to play marbles after we greet the guests ?"

"Tattoo, you have no marbles"

•  

Yemelin could have done that but turns to brace for the hit.  Lucic was on him the entire way in.  

You just proved my point. Lucic was right on Yemelin all the way to the boards. Orlov was way behind Schenn and had time to adjust for the hit and still leaves his feet. Orlovs hit was right between the numbers, Lucic was on the outside of the shoulders on both hits.

Did lucics feet leave the ice?   Answer it.  

Schenn knew what was coming.  Did the same thing with Wilson and won an award in the drama section.   Yemelin did the proper thing.  Turned and braced for the hit.  Which was a jump.  

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yesterday on twitter someone said that Lucic is still hot with Emelin's hit . Maybe this is where this is coming from .  Again, if he's asked he'll answer the question . It's not like Lucic posted a comment somewhere or called his own interview to state this.  Lets not make nothing out of something.

Lucic didn't like the low hit (even if it's deemed clean) , plain and simple.  Ask any player that gets hit low that is over 6feet if they like it.  Emelin has done it before and has had other players go after him , eventually he'll get hurt again , as they say "you play withy the sword you will die by the sword " .

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Yesterday on twitter someone said that Lucic is still hot with Emelin's hit . Maybe this is where this is coming from .  Again, if he's asked he'll answer the question . It's not like Lucic posted a comment somewhere or called his own interview to state this.  Lets not make nothing out of something.

Lucic didn't like the low hit (even if it's deemed clean) , plain and simple.  Ask any player that gets hit low that is over 6feet if they like it.  Emelin has done it before and has had other players go after him , eventually he'll get hurt again , as they say "you play withy the sword you will die by the sword " .

The guy isn't Marchment or Kasparitis!

Schenn knew what was coming.

You see what you want to see.

Delusional!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bobruins' comment:

In response to stevegm's comment:

This thread shouldn't even exist.

A reporter asked a questions two days after the hip check and Lucic answered the question. Someone's reaction on this board to the reporter's article is - Lucic Get over yoursel......and it becomes a 4 page thread (ok at least one page is about how to spell Yemelin and its my fault)...

I already explained where it came from. What caught my ear was "Just sent ANOTHER message. Which is saying that he said something else about it after everything else. So it wasn't from a reporter. It came from Lucic himself. Now I've been listening to Boomer Gordon since 2005 & been live on the air with him at the NHL Home Ice Studio in Toronto different times. He loves Lucic & he wouldn't make something up out of thin air. So based on my experience with Boomer I said my piece. I don't live my life as a hypocryte. If this was another player whining....We'd be all over it! Boston Bruin players aren't absolved of criticism. I have no problem with Lucic saying his piece after the game. That's heat of the moment stuff & it was a tough loss. But it seems he wasn't letting go of it almost a day later. That's the issue I have. 

Boomer Gordon said this AM on radio just as his "To the Point" segment was ending. "Milan Lucic just sent "another" message about the Emelin hit. Time for Lucic to remember that he has a game tomorrow against the Stanely Cup Champions." And Boomer loves Lucic. So I don't know what exactly Lucic said. I don't believe it was twitter, because Boomer hates twitter. 

Schenn knew what was coming.

You see what you want to see.

Delusional!

Come on.  Freeze frame it.  Show the video of how lucics feet are on the ice the entire time.  

Shupe,  there's a difference of leaving your skate off the ice with intent (6-10 inches) , jump as you say and your skate(s) leave the ice (half an inch) just as you're about to make contact.  In the 2 examples SanDog posted it's the latter but seems like only 1 skate slightly leaves the ice at point of contact. 

As for Emelin you're right he could have gone all Paul Ranger and turn his back into the hit but then maybe Emelin would have to be carried out in a stretcher .  I would have blamed Emelin for that. 

Orlov on the otherhand follows through with his elbow to the back of the head of Schenn therefore even though Schenn might of turned into the hit Olrov had not reason to elbow him.

Yesterday on twitter someone said that Lucic is still hot with Emelin's hit . Maybe this is where this is coming from .  

Media driven and is why I don't stay on Twitter for long.

Shup would love it though, bunch of story tellers. He loves fairy tales.

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The guy isn't Marchment or Kasparitis!

He has been compared to Kasparitis by scouts before arriving in Montreal.  

although no he's neither, hasn't hurt anyone with an illegal hit.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Lucic is the professional here. He needs to not answer & say "Games over, moving onto Chicago."  Of course people are going to tweet him about it, but it's his job to let it go. If people see that they're not getting a response they'll move on. Simple as that. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts