Lucic- Get over yourself

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Lucic- Get over yourself

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Yesterday on twitter someone said that Lucic is still hot with Emelin's hit . Maybe this is where this is coming from .  

Media driven and is why I don't stay on Twitter for long.

Shup would love it though, bunch of story tellers. He loves fairy tales.

Why I don't have it at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

You just proved my point. Lucic was right on Yemelin all the way to the boards. Orlov was way behind Schenn and had time to adjust for the hit and still leaves his feet. Orlovs hit was right between the numbers, Lucic was on the outside of the shoulders on both hits.

"Boss do you think we have time to play marbles after we greet the guests ?"

"Tattoo, you have no marbles"

Did lucics feet leave the ice?   Answer it.  

Schenn knew what was coming.

You see what you want to see.

Delusional!

Come on.  Freeze frame it.  Show the video of how lucics feet are on the ice the entire time.  

Shupe...I'm gonna say the same thing I said to Lucic. Get over yourself! You never admit that you're wrong about anything do you? You always have to be right! There's nothing wrong with the hits that Lucic gives in either of the above examples. If there was they would've been reviewed & Lucic would've been fined or suspended. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Yesterday on twitter someone said that Lucic is still hot with Emelin's hit . Maybe this is where this is coming from .  Again, if he's asked he'll answer the question . It's not like Lucic posted a comment somewhere or called his own interview to state this.  Lets not make nothing out of something.

Lucic didn't like the low hit (even if it's deemed clean) , plain and simple.  Ask any player that gets hit low that is over 6feet if they like it.  Emelin has done it before and has had other players go after him , eventually he'll get hurt again , as they say "you play withy the sword you will die by the sword " .

Lucic is the professional here. He needs to not answer & say "Games over, moving onto Chicago."  Of course people are going to tweet him about it, but it's his job to let it go. If people see that they're not getting a response they'll move on. Simple as that. 

I'm sure if a reporter will ask him again Lucic will catch on they're trying to stir sheet . He'll tell him with a smile he's already answered these questions.

as for the so-called spear that was big time "FAKE" job . 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yesterday on twitter someone said that Lucic is still hot with Emelin's hit . Maybe this is where this is coming from .  Again, if he's asked he'll answer the question . It's not like Lucic posted a comment somewhere or called his own interview to state this.  Lets not make nothing out of something.

Lucic didn't like the low hit (even if it's deemed clean) , plain and simple.  Ask any player that gets hit low that is over 6feet if they like it.  Emelin has done it before and has had other players go after him , eventually he'll get hurt again , as they say "you play withy the sword you will die by the sword " .

[/QUOTE]

Lucic is the professional here. He needs to not answer & say "Games over, moving onto Chicago."  Of course people are going to tweet him about it, but it's his job to let it go. If people see that they're not getting a response they'll move on. Simple as that. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure if a reporter will ask him again Lucic will catch on they're trying to stir sheet . He'll tell him with a smile he's already answered these questions.

as for the so-called spear that was big time "FAKE" job . 

[/QUOTE]

A diving smurf at it's finest! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Boomer Gordon said this AM on radio just as his "To the Point" segment was ending. "Milan Lucic just sent "another" message about the Emelin hit. Time for Lucic to remember that he has a game tomorrow against the Stanely Cup Champions." And Boomer loves Lucic. So I don't know what exactly Lucic said. I don't believe it was twitter, because Boomer hates twitter. 

This is so dumb.  Is Lucic going to make a bad pass in the second period because he was answering questions about a previous game?

What exactly should Lucic be doing instead?  Studying game film for the 48 hours leading up to the game?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to OatesCam's comment:

What I mean by "bad" is that Emelin probably does not cut up ice to make the play if that's not Lucic.  They don't like each other, so he sees the chance and goes for it.  Just like Lucic isn't going to hit the brakes if Emelin is vulnerable.  It's "bad" if you're Lucic because Emelin is targeting him and it's "bad" because it's a risky play for the sake of contact.  But it's not a bad hit, by any stretch.  It was a thing of beauty.

It's unknown if he would have made the same play on another player.  Maybe he made the move because Lucic is slower.  He might not have tried it against Marchand because he's likely to miss.  It's easier to bump a bull than it is to bump a deer. 

Of course it's unknown, that's why I said "probably".  It's my thought and it's most likely Lucic's.  Emelin and Lucic were at each other all night - and all season or more.  I would be annoyed if I was Lucic and I would be sure to give it back.  Lucic surely will.  And it will be fun to watch.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Boomer Gordon said this AM on radio just as his "To the Point" segment was ending. "Milan Lucic just sent "another" message about the Emelin hit. Time for Lucic to remember that he has a game tomorrow against the Stanely Cup Champions." And Boomer loves Lucic. So I don't know what exactly Lucic said. I don't believe it was twitter, because Boomer hates twitter. 

This is so dumb.  Is Lucic going to make a bad pass in the second period because he was answering questions about a previous game?

What exactly should Lucic be doing instead?  Studying game film for the 48 hours leading up to the game?

I'd rather he did that then keep going on over a hit he received. He's better than that & as a whole the Bruins are better than that. It's over and done with. You and I are in agreement about Emelin hit. It was a great hit. Lucic had his say on how he felt about it right after the game. Why add more? As I mentioned previously this could come back to bite Lucic. If the rest of the league sees this kind of hit bothers him that much. What do you think other hitters are going to do? Hit him shoulder on shoulder where 90% of the guys trying that come out losing? Or, are they going to try and hit him lower and it's someone who doesn't execute the hit properly and they do hit him too low. 

I'd rather he did that then keep going on over a hit he received. He's better than that & as a whole the Bruins are better than that. It's over and done with. You and I are in agreement about Emelin hit. It was a great hit. Lucic had his say on how he felt about it right after the game. Why add more? As I mentioned previously this could come back to bite Lucic. If the rest of the league sees this kind of hit bothers him that much. What do you think other hitters are going to do? Hit him shoulder on shoulder where 90% of the guys trying that come out losing? Or, are they going to try and hit him lower and it's someone who doesn't execute the hit properly and they do hit him too low. Keep it in memory NAS. Let Emelin being the one wondering. The only thing worse than death is anticipation of of it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The problem is not only is Montreal a bunch of pukes, but the referees reward them for it. THAT'S what ticks off the Bruins, and me too! the refs are in Montreal's back pocket. If the refs called the scabs for diving and cheap hits the Bs wouldn't be so irritated. Yes, I blame the refs and by association, the league, for letting Montreal rule the refs.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Good hip check

l
    Looks low to me

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

l
    Looks low to me

Yeah.  It seems to me that while the hit was legal, it was less of a 'hip check' and more of just under-cutting a guy.  I' ve been hit hard with a hip check plenty of times and it never bothered me, other than being thumped.  A good one stops you in your tracks.  Much more rarely you see someone duck so low for an open ice hit that the other player flips head over heels.  If you look at the picture/video Emelin doesn't even get him primarily with the hip, so much as his whole torso drops down and comes in under Lucic's waist.  Not illegal, not unheard of, but it's pretty dangerous and you can pretty much count on some retribution when you play like that, metal plate in your head or not.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

l
    Looks low to me

from that angle,.. as "submarine" as it gets

OMG! I give up! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

OMG! I give up! 

Please DO! 

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

l
    Looks low to me

Yeah.  It seems to me that while the hit was legal, it was less of a 'hip check' and more of just under-cutting a guy.  I' ve been hit hard with a hip check plenty of times and it never bothered me, other than being thumped.  A good one stops you in your tracks.  Much more rarely you see someone duck so low for an open ice hit that the other player flips head over heels.  If you look at the picture/video Emelin doesn't even get him primarily with the hip, so much as his whole torso drops down and comes in under Lucic's waist.  Not illegal, not unheard of, but it's pretty dangerous and you can pretty much count on some retribution when you play like that, metal plate in your head or not.

well said Fletch.  It is legal but man you don't like those.  No matter what, even when legal, it can cause an injury. Then again a good shoulder to shoulder can cause an injury also, all legal hits can but  knees are a hockey players bread n butter. There are way more knee ending career injuries than shoulder. Hence why low, legal hits , will get the blood boiling.

Like I've said , Emelin is getting a name for borderline hits, he will be a target from all the teams he plays against.  See Malone going after Emelin .

p.s. Nite, I like this thread. FTR Lucic has not talked about it again.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

This could go on forever. My 2 cents:

I see a textbook hip check on Licic and a sub job on Salo. Even Milbury between periods called it a "hip check" -- then had to follow with "the NHL should outlaw hip checks 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Apparently Lucic is still beaking about the clean hip check that Emelin gave him. Hey Lucic....Get the fawk over yourself. Move on & start concentrating on the Blackhawks. Even IF the hit was a low bridge (which it wasn't). You can't be throwing stones inside a glass house! You've done your fair share of borderline things. You're a Bruin....Not a Penguin, or a Canuck here! Quit your fawking whining it's embarrassing & hypocritical of you to be screaming foul! 

Lucic plays his best hockey when he is angry so I don't want him to get over it.

I don't know how the B's beat Chicago with Lucic spending all of his time talking about this hit.

I don't know how the B's beat Chicago with Lucic spending all of his time talking about this hit.

Take a fawk off pill NAS & choke on it! 

Take a fawk off pill NAS & choke on it! 

LOL I've been trying to write "nite-bait" all afternoon and keeping getting that freegin br error.

Looks like a hip check to me.

And remember:  I hate the Habs, I think Emelin is a pussbag and Lucic is one of my favorite Bruins ever.

I just cannot stand the hypocracy sometimes.  I bet some of the people who are crying about this hit were all jacked up for Marchand after he dumped Salo.  This is a hockey play.  It's a hip check. 

The only person hurt by this was Emelin.  Wow did he look like a fufu fancy when Chara gave him a quick whatfor.

Looks like a hip check to me.

And remember:  I hate the Habs, I think Emelin is a pussbag and Lucic is one of my favorite Bruins ever.

I just cannot stand the hypocracy sometimes.  I bet some of the people who are crying about this hit were all jacked up for Marchand after he dumped Salo.  This is a hockey play.  It's a hip check. 

The only person hurt by this was Emelin.  Wow did he look like a fufu fancy when Chara gave him a quick whatfor.

Your pic is to blury better get your eyes checked looks low

Your pic is to blury better get your eyes checked looks low

Or, you could watch the actual play on youtube and see that the Habs player is skating backwards and leads with his hip.

Any more brilliance from you today or are you tapped out at zero?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

A 'tripping' call is pretty black and white, but it's often interpreted otherwise...even depending on the score and time of the game.

This is much more subjective in real time.  I'd bet Marchand gets called for it 9 times out of 10(notoriety).  IMO, on average, this exact play will be penalized at least 4 out of 10 times, for the same reason BM gets nailed on it all the time.  Any low hit is an officiating lightning rod, and can go either way.

• Sections
    Shortcuts