lucic hand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

lucic hand

u guys think that fight with vandermeer told us alot? lucic looked unwilling to go. i hope that he was just tired from a long shift cause it looked like he may have broken his hand. i thought i read his lips in penalty box when he was talking to marchand and it looked like he said "u think its broken" i dont know i hope im wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: lucic hand

I think if he thought it was broken he would go to the lockerroom. I think by him fighting said he was more than willing to go.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

JV is a tough dude.  I thought Lucic did ok but he was winded at the end of a long battle.  JV is a seasoned fighter and he held his own. 
    I'm not worried.  I dont think he landed anything solid enough to break it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: lucic hand:
    I think if he thought it was broken he would go to the lockerroom. I think by him fighting said he was more than willing to go.
    Posted by callodthedom19

not that he would ever not be willing. but that fight didnt look right. looks like im wrong anyway dom lucic took his normal shift after serving his penalty

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

JV is a tough dude.  I thought Lucic did ok but he was winded at the end of a long battle.  JV is a seasoned fighter and he held his own.  I'm not worried.  I dont think he landed anything solid enough to break it.
    Posted by shuperman

ya shup not a fair trade at all vandeameer for lucic. i think thats why jv was smiling after the fight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think JV realized that Lucic looked tired and started smiling.  Bad trade off but you have to do it from time to time.  He hasnt done much of it lately and fighting is a fine art. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I was wondering if it was the end of Lucic shift when he started to fight.  He looked winded.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think JV realized that Lucic looked tired and started smiling.  Bad trade off but you have to do it from time to time.  He hasnt done much of it lately and fighting is a fine art. 
    Posted by shuperman

Lucic is on fire right now.A fight here and there isn't a bad thing as long as he picks his spots.The game was getting chippy so he stepped up at the end of a shift.Glad no injuries came of it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Needs more practice :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: lucic hand : ya shup not a fair trade at all vandeameer for lucic. i think thats why jv was smiling after the fight.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Loyal - Agreed!  Perhaps Lucic realizes he's more valuable to the Bruins on the ice and not in the box.  Even if he doesn't scrap half as much as he used to, I think the thought of him hammering someone in the head is stll out there as part of his game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

In honor of the Oscars tonight.......The Hand Is Alright

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

End of a full shift for him, Van just came on and targeted Luc.  But yes Van is one tough cust.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Really weird fight there.  Was Lucic stunned at the beginning?  It had a bizarre lull before they really started throwing again.  Lucic did land one good one.  And he did mouth something about his hand in the box.  He was smiling in his post game interview, so I think he's fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

dont need lucic fighting at all ..to suggest that a fight here and there for him is good is plain stupid...just look at the hab game...we have a lot of fighters  ..he is one of our go to guys and just like neely became a star when he stopped getting suckered into fights....same applies to milan

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

dont need lucic fighting at all ..to suggest that a fight here and there for him is good is plain stupid...just look at the hab game...we have a lot of fighters  ..he is one of our go to guys and just like neely became a star when he stopped getting suckered into fights....same applies to milan
    Posted by north1234

The way he plays its unavoidable at times.   Even though he's established a rep, he still needs to fight on occasion to show opponents there will be consequences.  And he creates necessary space for not only his teammates, but himself.  He was hitting a little more than usual too.  While I agree he should not be fighting like he used to, I wish he kept his heavy hitting style up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by north1234

Lucic was the one who set the tone in the Habs game by pushing Price.The odd fight for Lucic will keep people honest.Sorry you think that's stupid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: lucic hand : Lucic was the one who set the tone in the Habs game by pushing Price.The odd fight for Lucic will keep people honest.Sorry you think that's stupid.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I don't disagree, but I also don't want our leading scorer to break his hand needlessly. He just needs to pick his spots conservatively, and never fight a punk with a visor as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: lucic hand : Lucic was the one who set the tone in the Habs game by pushing Price.The odd fight for Lucic will keep people honest.Sorry you think that's stupid.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I agree with this. It gives him more space on the ice if the opposing D are somewhat afraid to confront him. Yes, Vandermeer was willing but there are few D regulars in the league as tough as him. It is a necessary element to his game. Be honest, do you think Neelt would be in the Hall of Fame had he stopped being agressive and tried to be more like Gretzky....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I don't think Lucic was stunned after looking at the replay he wasn't hit with anything in the beginning.  I think he was exhausted and was not really interested in fighting.  I think he instinctively dropped his gloves pissed off then realised what point of the game they were at and how bad of a trade off it was for his team.  And then it seemed to me that JV pissed him off along the way and he seemed to throw the bombs.  If i was going to be worried about anyone's fist it would be Horts with that TKO in the first.  I love when that kid plays with intensity.  Thats when he is at his best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I can't believe the Lucic bashing I have seen on recent posts.  The guy is on pace for a record in scoring for himself and you want him to fight more.  I love a good brawl just as much as anyone and I love Lucic's toughness but he is maturing as a player and to say he wasn't willing to go last night is stupid, he started the fight just as quick as the other guy and if you look at past fights by Lucic he either comes out swinging hard or sizes a guy up slowly and then comes on strong at the end.  To question him is absurd.  His first few years in the league he earned respect around the NHL with his fists and earned space on the ice as not many now want to throw down with him, now that is paying off with hard skating and goals.  Do the B's really need their best scorer right now in the box or on the shelf for weeks with a broken hand?  No, that is why they have Campbell, McQuaid, and Thornton.  I wouldn't be surprised at all either if the B's staff has instructed him to cut down on the fighting.  It's like there are a bunch of women in here, got to find something to complain about. 
    Posted by dangr76

Claude has in fact instructed both Lucic and Chare not to fight unless it's someone just as valuable to the other team. I think last night Lucic just wanted to cap off a great roadtrip by him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Lucic is bringing back that feeling again.  Last time I had it was in the late 80's with Cam's emergence as a big time scorer.  Times are different and Lucic might not have 50+ in him but a solid 35-40 goal scorer he can be.  I recall back in Neely's day the feeling of being torn between wanting Cam to smash someone's face in and score a hat trick all in the same game.  It was obvious back then that Cam was advised to ease up on the fighting majors as he became just too valuable on the ice.  The struggle is watching these kind of talents remain disciplined when pukes like Burrows or Brule come basically asking for their face to be caved in all in the name of getting our top goal scorer out of the game and their team on the PP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: lucic hand : Claude has in fact instructed both Lucic and Chare not to fight unless it's someone just as valuable to the other team. I think last night Lucic just wanted to cap off a great roadtrip by him.
    Posted by callodthedom19

If true then I think this is a mistake on Julien's part. It is no secret that Chara was less than intimidating last year when everyone knew he could not fight. I mean, it is not like Chara takes on all comers when CJ's chains are loose. He has historically been very selective and purposeful when he chooses to drop the mitts.

As for Lucic, his whole game is smashmouth and if he is told he is too valuable to initiate contact then it will eventually erode his special ability to intimidate, just ask Komisarik.

I am not saying they should constantly fight. This would be foolish. Instead, I am suggesting that they should keep this aspect in their arsenal and use when they feel the occasion calls for it....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: lucic hand : If true then I think this is a mistake on Julien's part. It is no secret that Chara was less than intimidating last year when everyone knew he could not fight. I mean, it is not like Chara takes on all comers when CJ's chains are loose. He has historically been very selective and purposeful when he chooses to drop the mitts. As for Lucic, his whole game is smashmouth and if he is told he is too valuable to initiate contact then it will eventually erode his special ability to intimidate, just ask Komisarik. I am not saying they should constantly fight. This would be foolish. Instead, I am suggesting that they should keep this aspect in their arsenal and use when they feel the occasion calls for it....
    Posted by jmwalters

I think that's what Juliens wants. He wants them on the ice as much as possible. Which I don't mind at all. Like, Chara fighting Neil after the whole Seids thing? I didn't like that. The B's have Thornton for stuff like that. But Chara trying to get Pacioretty, I'm fine with. Stuff like that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

dont get me wrong  i love the bruins sticking up for each other...just dont want lucic hurt...but i know what you mean..you cant let other teams take runs at you but after the habs game i now realize we have a lot of good scrappers on this team...remember after all those fights against habs we still had chara and lucic on the ice..and the habs that were in fights  looked like they had been in a war and lost..i can only imagine as a hab player looking on the ice and seeing those two would be what your against if you want more

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockeymomsrule. Show Hockeymomsrule's posts

In Response to Re: lucic hand : not that he would ever not be willing. but that fight didnt look right. looks like im wrong anyway dom lucic took his normal shift after serving his penalty
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

There's a picture somewhere that shows the Oiler guy literally pinching/holding on to Lucic's cheek while fighting.  I too thought something looked off in Lucic's ability to get around and get some good swings in and it would be my guess getting the crap pinched out of his cheek probably had something to do with it.

Sections
Shortcuts