lucic hand

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: lucic hand

This is what I saw - Lucic threw 2-3 punches at the beginning, all of them hit the helmet. He didn't throw again until later in the fight when JV lost his helmet. You could see JV talking with him the whole time "I ain't switching to lefty or taking my helmet off" is my guess. Once JV lost his helmet, he started throwing again because he knew he wasn't going to hit helmet again. 

In the box, I thought I saw him mouth "think I broke my hand". 

He came back out so maybe he was just worried about breaking his hand or maybe he just hurt it. Wouldn't doubt that he broke it though. Dude's tough but he's got to tear the helmet off first, then fight. Overall, I wish he didn't fight, don't want out top goal scorer out with a fight against lowly Edmonton.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: lucic hand:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic hand : I think that's what Juliens wants. He wants them on the ice as much as possible. Which I don't mind at all. Like, Chara fighting Neil after the whole Seids thing? I didn't like that. The B's have Thornton for stuff like that. But Chara trying to get Pacioretty, I'm fine with. Stuff like that.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

True. I think the only reason Chara looked foolish is because he tripped on a stick before he wailed on a very deserving Neil. Had things gone according to plan and Neil was punished for him taking on Seidenberg the previous game I would not have a problem with it and I think the team would gladly agree...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In Response to lucic hand:
    [QUOTE]u guys think that fight with vandermeer told us alot? lucic looked unwilling to go. i hope that he was just tired from a long shift cause it looked like he may have broken his hand. i thought i read his lips in penalty box when he was talking to marchand and it looked like he said "u think its broken" i dont know i hope im wrong.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    I didn't like what I saw. We never saw #24 do that, or the old #17, Stan Jonathan, do that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

When Lucic blends scoring, checking, and fighting he is at his best. As he is maturing as a scorer he realizes he needs to pick his spots more than just taking on all comers. However, when he is not hitting and fighting is when the critcism starts. It is a tough path considering other teams tough guys are going to take shots at him to try and drag him into the penalty box.  Think about the abuse Cam Neely used to take as he developed as a scorer.  It was maddening sometimes watching guys take shots at him with minimal or no response. To prevent this the B's need to continue to balance the scoring among the top 3 lines so Lucic doesn't feel like everytime he drops em he is hurting the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic hand : True. I think the only reason Chara looked foolish is because he tripped on a stick before he wailed on a very deserving Neil. Had things gone according to plan and Neil was punished for him taking on Seidenberg the previous game I would not have a problem with it and I think the team would gladly agree...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    I agree, I shouldn't say I don't want to see it because that was the C doing what a captain should do. I just view Neil as scum and would rather Thornton do it in case Z gets hurt. But say a Weber vs. Chara or something like that. I will grin ear to ear all day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yeah Callodthedom: I remember last year when Chara (despite a mangled finger) dropped the gloves with Rupp, beat him silly, and looked over to his bench on the way to the box yelling at them to wake up. Now if that is not a Captain moment then I do not know what is....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah Callodthedom: I remember last year when Chara (despite a mangled finger) dropped the gloves with Rupp, beat him silly, and looked over to his bench on the way to the box yelling at them to wake up. Now if that is not a Captain moment then I do not know what is....
    I do remember that stare of death he gave the bench and I agree 100%. He is a fine captain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to lucic hand : I didn't like what I saw. We never saw #24 do that, or the old #17, Stan Jonathan, do that.
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]
    What exactly did you see that you've never seen from a Bruin before? Sportsnet showed the fight and referred to Lucic as a beast in regards to his recent play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic hand : I do remember that stare of death he gave the bench and I agree 100%. He is a fine captain.

Here it is:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/93454

Now we can re-live it...LOL!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic hand : Here it is: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/93454 Now we can re-live it...LOL!!!
    "And Chara looks right at the Boston bench and says: That's how you do it!" gotta love Edwards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Did we all notice that Edmonton targeted our two quick strike guys, Marchand and Lucic. A liitle bit of dirty pool, and no future games to resolve. Although with a memory like Campbell, maybe next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Did we all notice that Edmonton targeted our two quick strike guys, Marchand and Lucic. A liitle bit of dirty pool, and no future games to resolve. Although with a memory like Campbell, maybe next year.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    They also hit Krejci every chance they got. I see that happening a lot the rest of the way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic hand : "And Chara looks right at the Boston bench and says: That's how you do it!" gotta love Edwards.

hehehe...classic!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Did we all notice that Edmonton targeted our two quick strike guys, Marchand and Lucic. A liitle bit of dirty pool, and no future games to resolve. Although with a memory like Campbell, maybe next year.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Yeah. You are going to see many targeted hits on our productive players as a means to shut them down. That is just hockey. I think, however, that our depth helps us out here. I mean, Edmonton can shut down Bergy and Marchand and then Horton and Lucic can take on the extra scroing duties....etc....