Lucic has been a Beast

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Lucic has been a Beast

He's finally realized that when he decides he wants to kick it into 4th gear there aren't too many defenseman who want to get in his way.  It actually makes the D look silly.  Keep it up kid, you're a star.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Re: Lucic has been a Beast

Looch is the man! good set of wheels and nice pair of hands for a big dude. another Bruin who has demonstrated clutch scoring in big games.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He's been better than ever the last couple weeks.  Peaking at the right time and he looks ready to carry this team into the playoffs.  He can dominate out there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'll reserve judgement until the playoffs... he definately seems to be ramping it up though lately!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I can't wait to see Karlsson cower away from Lucic in round one. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic has been a Beast:
    [QUOTE]It's simply amazing how Lucic can cross check opponents hard in their backs or sucker punch them (and bye the way, the puck is no were in sight on either infraction) and he rarely gets called...so what's his secret...do you think it could it be Gregorys Daddy?
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

2010-11 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

One thing I've noticed from Lucic this year is how much his passing has improved. And I think he's finally understood how much of a factor and how beeter his linemates are and how good he is when he plays a physical game. Before it would come and go, latley it's been very consistent. he is a force.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic has been a Beast : This post and it spelling deserve each other...are you into the sauce or something else, Kelvana?
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

No, if I were impaired/mentally disabled in any fashion I might start typing posts about the same idiotic excuse why my team lost the cup to a superior team nearly 300 times...wait a minute, no I wouldn't cause my team was the winning team and even drunk I wouldnt be that stupid.

2010-11 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins

Suck on it Null. Suck it hard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

During the Bs/ Caps gm the other night I had to watch the Caps feed so I had to listen to Washington's color-man Craig Laughlin, who is terrible. During the gm he stated that he thought Lucic was the best power forward in the league right now. Pretty good compliment from a rival telecaster. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

Agreed....Lucic should be a dominate force in the NHL....the only thing holding him back is the effort night in and night out, but lately it's been off the charts.....he's playing great.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]One thing I've noticed from Lucic this year is how much his passing has improved. And I think he's finally understood how much of a factor and how beeter his linemates are and how good he is when he plays a physical game. Before it would come and go, latley it's been very consistent. he is a force.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that too Kel, he's had a lot of sweet passed almost blind that have curled way around his body (sorry hard for me to describe) that have been right on the tape, along with many other pretty passes. I love watching him chug down the left boards when he can't be stopped and whip it back in front.

When he's on a mission he is very hard to stop.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

[QUOTE]During the Bs/ Caps gm the other night I had to watch the Caps feed so I had to listen to Washington's color-man Craig Laughlin, who is terrible. During the gm he stated that he thought Lucic was the best power forward in the league right now. Pretty good compliment from a rival telecaster. 
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

I love watching him.  Talent and Toughness.  The intimidation level is the highest I can remember.  I want to compare him to Neely but he exceeds Neely in terms of his intimidation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic has been a Beast : I love watching him.  Talent and Toughness.  The intimidation level is the highest I can remember.  I want to compare him to Neely but he exceeds Neely in terms of his intimidation.
    Posted by schlich[/QUOTE]
    I'm a huge Lucic fan but this isn't true (in my memories).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic has been a Beast : I love watching him.  Talent and Toughness.  The intimidation level is the highest I can remember.  I want to compare him to Neely but he exceeds Neely in terms of his intimidation.
    Posted by schlich[/QUOTE]

He's not in Neely's class yet, in many aspects, but it took Neely awhile to get there as well. Neely also had the smaller dimensions of the Garden/other rinks that helped with the intimidation factor. Used to love seeing that glass rattle back and forth after a big Neely hit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Did Neely ever break the glass on a check? Not knocking his toughness at all, but that was absolutely ridiculous when Looch destroyed the glass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

First, I hope Lucic ends his days as a Bruin because I would hate for this team to have to play against him. It is scary how much he has improved every facet of his game, including fighting.

But, I agree with Dez on this one about the Neely comparisons. Cam was always the central focal point of the opposing teams because of his skill but he would beat them with his intimidation. Lucic is not the star of his team but a vital component of it. Neely was the team (along with Bourque and Moog). And he still found time to beat the hell out of any Dman that crossed him. Lucic is still young, however. Let's give him some time yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Did Neely ever break the glass on a check? Not knocking his toughness at all, but that was absolutely ridiculous when Looch destroyed the glass.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

First of all, i don't think you ever watched Neely play, otherwise you're blind. Second, I'm not taking anything away from Milan. I think in the past few weeks, he's played perhaps the best hockey of his career. And what I mean is like a few others have noted, he's skating with authority and he's fast from point A to point B. The fact is that he is intimidating (Neely was on another planet in intimidation to be clear) and that's an aspect he has never fully taken advantage of. I think if he can play with the right linemates (he's got one now, but he needs a third who can click consistently), he's capable of being that 40-goal type scorer or someone who can put up a bunch of points as he can pass well. I hope Milan plays like this in the playoffs. If he drops into lazy mode, he's a waste of space, and he's had those stretches in his career. As for Neely, the guy scored 50 goals and most of the time murdered opponents in both fights and punishing checks.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

He has.  Even when he's not putting up points, he's intimidating, creating space for others, etc.

He's also healthier this year than last year.   Should bode well for a good playoffs for him.

He's really transformed himself into a unique player in the league and arguably the best power forward in the game.  Reminds me of Wendel Clark, but not quite as gifted as that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]One thing I've noticed from Lucic this year is how much his passing has improved. And I think he's finally understood how much of a factor and how beeter his linemates are and how good he is when he plays a physical game. Before it would come and go, latley it's been very consistent. he is a force.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

It's been a huge addition to his game. The way he cycles, uses his size to get separation and then look/feel for that pass he's going to make across the crease. 

It takes some pressure off of Kreijci too, because it now makes Kreijic more of a scorer, where he's actually pretty underrated with in terms of shooting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I always loved Looch's passing game. He always had the ability to find a free man. That's why I always thought he had a chance to be another Neely. I know he doesn't have Neely's slapper, but his wrist shot/snap shot is incredible, and he's already a better passer than Neely. Thank God we've had both of these guys on the team!