Lucic Hearing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Lucic Hearing

Lucic has a 1 o'clock hearing tomorrow with the biggest hypocrite himself. Brenden Shanahan realized that Miller has concussion so the hit MUST have been a suspendable offense. I will throw up if he gets suspended for this. Not even joking either. Some of you may be asking, "Why would you throw up?" It's because it will be a 100% guarantee that hitting will be out of the game in the next five years. They want to prevent injuries? What better way to do it than to take hitting completely out of the game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Lucic Hearing

61.2 Penalty - In all cases in which an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate).

Penalty? Yes. Suspension? Absolutely not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

In my ranting if I made it seem like it didn't deserve a penalty that's not what I meant. It should have been two minutes and an a---ss kicking from somebody. I'll tell you right now if somebody hit my goalie like that and I was on the ice I probably wouldn't play for 10 games. Sabres failed to answer the bell and are now looking for the NHL to do it for them.
    P.S. It seems like Miller has a "Pacioretty" concussion. We might need Dr. Recchi to set Buffalo straight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No suspension, stop blaming Ryan Miller for having a coincussion you moron.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]No suspension, stop blaming Ryan Miller for having a coincussion you moron.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Why do you come on here if you think everyone who disagrees with you is a moron?

Coincussion? Who's the moron?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

This is a great Read i thought:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ty-Anderson/Lucic-to-meet-with-Shanahan/141/39691

then watch this video, funny:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JqJSC7uAzc&feature=player_embedded

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Good read. Short and to the point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

This one's on the NHL's supplementary discipline hipocracy http://pucksage.com/?p=765

In Response to Lucic Hearing:
    [QUOTE]Lucic has a 1 o'clock hearing tomorrow with the biggest hypocrite himself. Brenden Shanahan realized that Miller has concussion so the hit MUST have been a suspendable offense. I will throw up if he gets suspended for this. Not even joking either. Some of you may be asking, "Why would you throw up?" It's because it will be a 100% guarantee that hitting will be out of the game in the next five years. They want to prevent injuries? What better way to do it than to take hitting completely out of the game?
    Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I won't be at all surprised to see a 1-2 game suspension.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

But it wasn't a headshot. A penalty, yes, but Lucic didn't target Miller's head. Not sure what Shanahan would be suspending Lucic for.
    Miller's concussion is unfortunate, but Shanahan's not suspending for concussions, he's suspending for headshots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Lucic Hearing:
    [QUOTE]Lucic has a 1 o'clock hearing tomorrow with the biggest hypocrite himself. Brenden Shanahan realized that Miller has concussion so the hit MUST have been a suspendable offense. I will throw up if he gets suspended for this. Not even joking either. Some of you may be asking, "Why would you throw up?" It's because it will be a 100% guarantee that hitting will be out of the game in the next five years. They want to prevent injuries? What better way to do it than to take hitting completely out of the game?
    Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

Sorry man. I don't buy this. I am a Bruins fan and love Lucic but he deserves a suspension for a couple of games. You can't have players running goalies like that. This is not the 1970's.

If Patrick Kaleta did this to Tim Thomas we would be calling for his head. Lucic has a bit of a history & this was an extremely stupid thing to do regardless of the laundry he is wearing. 

Lucic plays at his best when he plays on the edge but this was over the edge & a suspension will be warranted. The guy has a tendency at times to do dumb things & is beginning to get a bit of a rep for it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Guess the rules need to be clearer about what is a suspension and what is not because no one can agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bhbabe. Show Bhbabe's posts

Newfie is right.  No matter how you want to interpret the rules, this was a cheap shot.  If you are not willing to recognize that in your own players, than you have no moral standing to complain when other teams' players do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Hearing:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Lucic Hearing : Sorry man. I don't buy this. I am a Bruins fan and love Lucic but he deserves a suspension for a couple of games. You can't have players running goalies like that. This is not the 1970's. If Patrick Kaleta did this to Tim Thomas we would be calling for his head. Lucic has a bit of a history & this was an extremely stupid thing to do regardless of the laundry he is wearing.  Lucic plays at his best when he plays on the edge but this was over the edge & a suspension will be warranted. The guy has a tendency at times to do dumb things & is beginning to get a bit of a rep for it.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree with you on this 100% , I brought this up Saturday here .  I would want the Bruin players to seek payback but not from the NHL.
    If Kaleta just ran Thomas , open ice, like Lucic did and there was no head shot, no charging into the boards or use of the stick then even Kaleta would not deserve a suspension.
    What was dumb were his post-game comments.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Also it's funny how late they decided to call a hearing .  To me if Miller had no concussion would not be talking suspension here. 
    Miller turns his back on Lucic , another case where a player is asking to get in harms way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Just a heads-up: ANY act on the ice, especially if called a penalty at the time, is subject to further disciplinary action should the league feel that the player acted with intent to deliberately break the rules (vs. accidental contact). Lucic knew what he was doing.

But what I don't get is this: Miller also knew what he was oing. He held his line, played the puck and also didn't do anything to avoid the check. Sure, players can't deliberately check a goalie....but what's the rule on a goalie playing equal role in a collision? Does anyone know?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Bruins goalies get run all the time. Lots of teams do it. Bruins rarely run goalies because they usually (up till about 5 games ago) have very little netfront presence, and until recently stayed away from the "dirty" areas. Lucic never expected Miller to be 30 feet from his goal, he looked up and Miller was right in his face. He couldn't possibly avoid contact at that point. Also, how was he to know Miller's intentions? If he didn't bring up his arms to protect himself, he may have gotten that big goalie stick or glove in the schnoz. No suspension for Looch IMO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Just a heads-up: ANY act on the ice, especially if called a penalty at the time, is subject to further disciplinary action should the league feel that the player acted with intent to deliberately break the rules (vs. accidental contact). Lucic knew what he was doing. But what I don't get is this: Miller also knew what he was oing. He held his line, played the puck and also didn't do anything to avoid the check. Sure, players can't deliberately check a goalie....but what's the rule on a goalie playing equal role in a collision? Does anyone know?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Good point.  I always asked myself when the goalie goes behind the net and interferes with a player laying the body .  The goalie initiates contact and more often than not it's the player that gets called.
    Look at Thomas last season in the final when he body checked one of the Sedin's with the puck.  There was no penalty on Thomas because he did what any other player on the ice can do, lay a clean body check on a player with the puck.
    That's where the rule is not clear; Goalies are not fair game but can body check another player.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KCMDux88. Show KCMDux88's posts

Without question it was a penalty.  The fact that Miller put himself into a position to be hit might make this non suspendable.  But because he's a goalie and got a concussion- his body must be made out of glass to get a concussion from that by the way- looch will probably get a game or two.  The hit itself wasn't very vicious in my opinion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

The league is becoming a joke with all of these suspensions. IF Lucic gets suspended. Then Shanahan is an Ignorant person.

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW3L1jhvSik

No suspensionwas given to Gionta. Reimer has been out with a concussion for a while now. So if they are going to give lucic some time off they need to really check the person giving away these.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The suspension talk seems silly to me, mainly because it was a shoulder check, nothing to the head, nothing blindside, no elbow, etc.

The best punishment for these types of things are 1. an a**kikcing from the other team; and 2. and retaliatory run on the other goalie.  That's the way it has always been, and that's what I would be hoping for if this happened to Thomas.

Like many others, I am astounded by how soft the Sabres are.  Kaleta, Gaustad, and McCormick are apparently afraid to do their jobs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Given all the attention around concussions, and the obvious intention of Lucic to hit Miller (replay says it all), I'll be surprised if the league doesn't suspend him. Can't have players running goalies like that.......even if they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of their crease.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Softness of the Sabres aside, let's look at the play and the resulting concussion.

Looch doesn't go for his head but clearly runs him out of his crease. That's a penalty and it's called.

There is absolutely no rule basis to suspend Looch based on a minor penalty and a goalie who never left immeidately to be checked for concussion.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]Given all the attention around concussions, and the obvious intention of Lucic to hit Miller (replay says it all), I'll be surprised if the league doesn't suspend him. Can't have players running goalies like that.......even if they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of their crease.
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

^^^^This.
    My guess is they give him one or two games, just to set the precedent. Doesn't mean I agree with it but won't have too much of a problem with it.

As astutely pointed out, if it was McCormick , Kaleta, or Gaustad who did the same thing to Thomas, we'd all be calling for a ritual beheading.