Lucic/Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Re: Lucic/Horton

Couldn't agree more. 2 big strong guys with speed and skill. Can't be good for opposing d-men to contend with. If they stay healthy good things may happen.

Contrast it to a year ago when the Devils came to Boston at Thanksgiving. They were riding high and the Savard's wingers were, ahem, Wheeler and Bitz.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Great combination, can't wait to get Krejci back. This team is definitely one of the best NHL teams out there

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Lucic and Seguin, also looked very dangerous on that last powerplay, generating chance after chance. Seguin looks very comfortable with Lucic (as he did with Recchi before they were, inexplicably separated.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Lucic a speedster now? He can skate 10 times better than when he first came into this league.

This guy is a great player and a champion. He has increased Horton's level of play

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's the thing about Lucic you really have to like no matter how you feel about his contract (which looks like a pretty good bargain right now) or his struggles last year or his fighting ability.  He wants to get better.  He learns from everyone with something to teach him.  He's been doing this - getting better in bursts - since Junior B.  They like to say you can't teach scoring, but...two of those goals last night looked like sniper goals from a guy who has never been considered a sniper.  Breakaway goal vs. Ottawa, same story.  Guess he learned something.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In the Bs panthers thread I said look for hortons line to light it up, I was close, its lucics line lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic/Horton:
    In the Bs panthers thread I said look for hortons line to light it up, I was close, its lucics line lol
    Posted by wallydouglas

Nathan Horton assisted on all 3. Who taught lucic how to shoot over the summer?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Lucic has always had 'it' and has seemingly always had to contend with the likes of Dupont and his pithy dismissals and limitation-speak, "Oh, Milan Lucic, he'll never be Cam-this, he'll never do that...."

Lucic is a winner. Heart and soul. The rest is irrelevant.

And (small, but irksome) Jack Edwards should learn how to pronounce the future Captain's name.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

As a note of personal of observation both Horton and Lucic are seemingly morphing some of each other's skills/behavior into their game.  Lucic sharper at shooting, he always had a hard low shot but he is picking corners.  Horton is more aggressive alongs the boards, a more physical game than what I have seen of him in Florida.  It has been nice to see Bergeron with two decent offensive wingers.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Lucic has always had 'it' and has seemingly always had to contend with the likes of Dupont and his pithy dismissals and limitation-speak, "Oh, Milan Lucic, he'll never be Cam-this, he'll never do that...." Lucic is a winner. Heart and soul. The rest is irrelevant. And (small, but irksome) Jack Edwards should learn how to pronounce the future Captain's name.
    Posted by Awry

Edwards doesn't have any trouble pronouncing "Bergeron."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Oh Bergeron will be well run out of town by the time Chara hands over the 'C'

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

...I say, to my dismay and to the Bruins' detriment...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

...I say, to my dismay and to the Bruins' detriment...
    Posted by Awry

Run out of town by whom? ::is puzzled::

I rarely make predictions, but I'd bet that Bergeron will wear the "C" (with Stuart - if he stays around - Lucic or possibly Seguin getting the "A"s) and will retire a Bruin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Oh, that's just a figure of speech, 'Dupes'. There's no 'whom'. It's just me being cynical. It's just that my favourite Bruins have this nasty habit of 'going away'. Actually..hey, come to think of it..Maybe it's me who's running them out of town?!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Oh, that's just a figure of speech, 'Dupes'. There's no 'whom'. It's just me being cynical. It's just that my favourite Bruins have this nasty habit of 'going away'. Actually..hey, come to think of it..Maybe it's me who's running them out of town?!
    Posted by Awry

I think you need a little perspective. I don't believe this administration has "run" anyone out of town; in fact, it appears to be just the opposite - Chiarelli has been pro-active in re-signing players: Savard, Lucic, Thomas, Krejci, Ference, Boychuk, Rask, Bergeron have all signed recent contract extentions before reaching UFA or RFA status. The lone exception, I suppose, is Kessel, but it appears from all reports that it was he who wanted out, not the other way around.

Unlike previous administrations, this Bruins team is from all accounts a place where players want to play (see Horton, Nathan), rather than a place to avoid.
    Dan Paille made an interesting point that flew under the radar not long ago - he said when he was a healthy scratch in Buffalo, nobody on the coaching staff or administration said anything to him about it. Here, he said, it was explained to him and he was kept informed and up-to-date on everything, and he greatly appreciated it. A class organization treats everyone, even the "scrubs," with professional respect, which makes it a desirable working environment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I'll imagine injurred centers are trying to get back SAP, before someone else clicks with them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

Once David and Savy are back it going to get very scarey for the other teams D.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

A lot of people late last year/earlier this year were complaining of Lucic's seeming unwillingness to drop the gloves as much as he did his first year. Well, if this is the result of keeping the gloves on a bit more often, I will take it 1000 times out of 1000. He is hard-working his way into being a great all around hockey player. It seems like pure force of will.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

A lot of people late last year/earlier this year were complaining of Lucic's seeming unwillingness to drop the gloves as much as he did his first year. Well, if this is the result of keeping the gloves on a bit more often, I will take it 1000 times out of 1000. He is hard-working his way into being a great all around hockey player. It seems like pure force of will.
    Posted by mikzor

Same here,,it was once said that Lucic is the next Neely..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Waht can one say? It's been a long time since i've seen such a good Bruins     team put together. We have speed, size and grit. the goaltending has been great!

Both Lucic and Horton are having their breakout years. CC, make sure you keep these two in the fold for a very, very long time !

Stanley Cup ...nothing else will do !!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

'Dupes', I guess those were little elves who tried unsuccessfully to move both Savard and Thomas this off-season to get some Cap relief? No, to milk the metaphor, Chiarelli was not 'running them out of town', he was more, driving them to the outskirts and telling them to walk home. And when they did find their way back, he said, "Hey boys, no hard feelings eh"
       Today Chiarelli looks good and so does Thomas' GAA/Save% as will Marc Savard centering Seguin and _____? But really it is mere blind luck, Thomas' and Savard's pride and a dried-up, Cap-strapped marketplace we have to thank, not Chairelli.
       Now and thankfully, it's the likes of Ryder and Paille being mentioned in trade/demotion-for-cap-relief rumours instead of Thomas and Savard. I'd LOVE to credit Chiarelli's prescience for this, but I can't.
       That the Bruins will have to, in all likelihood, move Blake Wheeler before they can even see if Marco Sturm can recover from his 2nd major knee operation (a hard one to come back from even once and even when you're young...), the fact that they're even in this position shows bad (ie; see: too much money to Andrew Ference) salary negotiation and poor Cap Management.
       That Chiarelli would so cavalierly risk alienating his #1 Centre and his #1 Goalie with his clumsy public offering this past off-season, the fact that he would target these two players - potential cornerstones of this and next and next year's Cup runs - shows that his shoddy brinksmanship is outshone only by his lack of hockey IQ.

Given that Savard and Thomas, today, could be just as easily not-Bruins, tells me that Bergeron or Lucic or anyone could be....not-Bruins

and Jack, it's pronounced, 'LOO-cheech'

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from westga. Show westga's posts

Put Seguin at center between them. His speed and play along the halfboard will create inordinate open shots for these two world class wingers in the making.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

'Dupes', I guess those were little elves who tried unsuccessfully to move both Savard and Thomas this off-season to get some Cap relief? No, to milk the metaphor, Chiarelli was not 'running them out of town', he was more, driving them to the outskirts and telling them to walk home. And when they did find their way back, he said, "Hey boys, no hard feelings eh"    Today Chiarelli looks good and so does Thomas' GAA/Save% as will Marc Savard centering Seguin and _____? But really it is mere blind luck, Thomas' and Savard's pride and a dried-up, Cap-strapped marketplace we have to thank, not Chairelli.    Now and thankfully, it's the likes of Ryder and Paille being mentioned in trade/demotion-for-cap-relief rumours instead of Thomas and Savard. I'd LOVE to credit Chiarelli's prescience for this, but I can't.    That the Bruins will have to, in all likelihood, move Blake Wheeler before they can even see if Marco Sturm can recover from his 2nd major knee operation (a hard one to come back from even once and even when you're young...), the fact that they're even in this position shows bad (ie; see: too much money to Andrew Ference) salary negotiation and poor Cap Management.    That Chiarelli would so cavalierly risk alienating his #1 Centre and his #1 Goalie with his clumsy public offering this past off-season, the fact that he would target these two players - potential cornerstones of this and next and next year's Cup runs - shows that his shoddy brinksmanship is outshone only by his lack of hockey IQ. Given that Savard and Thomas, today, could be just as easily not-Bruins, tells me that Bergeron or Lucic or anyone could be....not-Bruins and Jack, it's pronounced, 'LOO-cheech'        
    Posted by Awry

I don't have time to go look the stories up, but Marc Savard himself has said that Chiarelli was in contact with him over the summer and informed him that the trade rumors were nothing but hot air (generated mostly by a guy named James Murphy).

If you choose to believe that every ridiculous trade rumor broadcast over the air or the Intaweb comes straight out of the GM's office, hey, knock yourself out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I bet if we read Lucic's birth certificate we'd find the name Milan Lucic on the front...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

that's good enough for me, 'Dupes'

Sections
Shortcuts