Lucic is one of the Fastest Players in the NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Lucic is one of the Fastest Players in the NHL

I was livid when Jack Edwards made this statement earlier in the season after Looch separated a bit for a partial breakaway goal.  I made fun of him for days.  I am starting to question my own hockey sense.  I know he is not in that class of elite skaters, but is he a very fast 'Power Skater' when his throttle is full bore.  The national guys have talked about his speed a couple of times, and there have certainly been plenty of times where I see 'Game Speed'.

What do you all see?

Sorry Jack.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Lucic is one of the Fastest Players in the NHL

Power full speed and push over short distances - sort of like a pole vaulter - explosive but not sustained.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ricky, I see a guy with good top end speed for a big man. That said, it takes him a bit to get there though whereas a guy like Seguin gets to top speed in about 3 strides. Tyler is quick and fast. Milan is just reasonably fast. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Lucic's speed to the buffet table is only surpassed by Dustin Buff.

We all know that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He isn't fast.  He isn't slow.  I'd say his speed is "average".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I don't think he has good accelaration, He doesn't have very good lateral speed, he isn't exactly shifty, but straight line speed? ya, he's really fast.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He's a freight train.  Takes a bit for him to get going but you can forget about stopping him unless he wants to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Average is great though when you're 6'4-220 .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Compared to Jagr he is very,very,very,very fast.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Compared to Jagr he is very,very,very,very fast.

It certainly seems that way. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Milan has never been quicker than in these playoffs. It's that he often looks like he is skating in slo-mo when he is in a fog. When he skates hard, he's quick and it gives the appearance that he's fast. Seguin among others is a far faster skater. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I can't imagine what makes this guy go through the kind of slumps that he does... but when he's on his game, it is unreal. Fast? I'd say he's somewhere between Jagr and Pevs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I think Seguin is a great contrast.  I agree that he gets to top speed in three strides, seems he is at 90% of that by his second stride, it's amazing how well he accelerates.  It will be an extraordinary site if he ever learns to use that skill to it's full potntial.  I do believe we will see that someday consistently, I imagine it will be next season.  I think we saw a sprinkle of it in Tampa Bay, and I hope for a sprinkle or too in the next series.

More on point, I agree with pretty much every assessment on this thread thus far.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I fully agree.  That body moving at that speed is a heck of a lot more deadly than someone 5'10, 182.

He's just awesome.

And fat.

Fat Lucic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He isn't fat. He isn't skinny. I'd say his weight is "average".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I fully agree.  That body moving at that speed is a heck of a lot more deadly than someone 5'10, 182.

He's just awesome.

And fat.

Fat Lucic.

Am I alone in thinking 220 seems low? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lindros was listed at 6'4, 240, but the gear wasn't the size is it today.  Maybe 220 is right and we're used to seeing guys that size just weighing more.

Thinking of this now, picturing Lindros next to Lucic makes me imagine Lucic being much smaller.  As time wears on, Lindros grows bigger and bigger.  Remember when he broke in?  He was an absolute monster.  Hell,  Neely was listed at 6'1, 190 or something close.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I think I remember that game and thinking Jack was being tongue-in-cheek and having fun with the play. Same tone as calling Chara a ballerina on the spin-o-rama move.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lindros was listed at 6'4, 240, but the gear wasn't the size is it today.  Maybe 220 is right and we're used to seeing guys that size just weighing more.

Thinking of this now, picturing Lindros next to Lucic makes me imagine Lucic being much smaller.  As time wears on, Lindros grows bigger and bigger.  Remember when he broke in?  He was an absolute monster.  Hell,  Neely was listed at 6'1, 190 or something close.

I was at Lindros' first game in the province of Quebec after refusing to play for the Nordiques. He hadn't even played in the NHL yet but there he was at the Forum suiting up for a stacked Team Canada against the Czechs. I'd already seen the Oilers against the Bruins so I already knew how big guys like Neely and Messier were. That's why I was so unprepared to see how badly Lindros dwarfed Messier in pre game warm up. He was very impressive that afternoon. He crunched Ruczinski like an accordian, putting him out of the tourney with a busted collarbone. He also got ulfie earlier in the tourney. Gretzky had 2g-3a if my memory is correct. Then we partied in Montreal. It gets blurry from there. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

A worker at the old garden let me my wife an I behind the curtain to watch tthe Flyers come out of the locker room for the third period. This was in 95. We could not believe the size of Lindros. Not so much the height, but the gearth of him. Your right, if he wore equioment today, Lucic would look smaller next to him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

That's really good for a fat guy...  

He's not quite 6'4 either.  I met him and had a few pictures taken with him.  I'm 6'3 tops.  Probably more like 6'2 1/2.  We are exactly the same height.

What was alarming from meeting him is the size of his hands.  Massive.  

I think he skates pretty well for a power forward and I have seen him pull away from the chase on a breakaway or a 2 on 1.  Cornering gives him a little more trouble, but it seems like he keeps improving.  He's much better than he was when he first came into the league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Takes him a little bit to get going but when he does it's a scary fast, the kind you don't want to get in front of. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

A worker at the old garden let me my wife an I behind the curtain to watch tthe Flyers come out of the locker room for the third period. This was in 95. We could not believe the size of Lindros. Not so much the height, but the gearth of him. Your right, if he wore equioment today, Lucic would look smaller next to him.

I used to love going down to the curtain!

Lindros is one of my favorite all time players.  He actually was fast, hit like a truck, fought and scored...and played center.  His concussions are an NHL tragedy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Lucic's speed is similar to a train building up speed. It takes him a while to build up momentum but once he does .........get out of the way.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Lucic's speed is similar to a train building up speed. It takes him a while to build up momentum but once he does .........get out of the way.

Well said...I was looking for a way to describe it and you nailed it.

Sections
Shortcuts