Lucic/Landeskog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Lucic/Landeskog

What do you guys think, was Landeskog trying to bait Lucic (it worked) or was he just being a punk.  That whole scrum bothered me.   Landeskog was the aggressor to start and then he ends up playing victim. Landeskog should have gotten 2 minutes for being a wuss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Lucic/Landeskog

The play looked pretty harmless and Lucic overreacted. Obviously I don't know what exactly happened or what was said, but it seemed unnecessary to try and pick a fight with a smaller non-fighter. The fact that the linesmen just stood there and watched for like 15 seconds bothered me a bit too, obviously Landeskog isn't going to fight him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Also Landeskog isn't a wuss for not fighting Lucic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

No he is wicked smart

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No, but he is stupid for pi**ing him off. He said something that got him going.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It was an awfully stern talking-to he gave him.  That wasn't picking a fight.  That was Landeskog doing something that Lucic objected to - strongly enough that he was ready to layeth the smacketh down for it.  Good for him for not just turning and wailing.  Actually, if he'd turned and started wailing, I don't think I'd feel much different.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

I agree no contest there!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"That's one of the best fighters in the league. It's one thing to stand up for your teammates, but you can't be dumb doing it," said Landeskog. "For me, just coming off a concussion last year, you've got to be smart. I respect him as a player and he's one of the toughest in the league and I don't want to fight him. A guy who's had only one fight in the league, I think guys around the league would agree that's a bad tradeoff."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I think the quote above is a pretty good explanation.  From what I've heard Landeskog's concussion last year was a pretty serious one.  Lucic throws bombs.  Landeskog isn't a good fighter.  I'm sure the entire coaching staff and front office were happy with his decision.

Might have been nice for a teammate to jump in.  That went on for a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Whatever the outcome during the game, Lucic is not going to forget about it. It took him over 2 years to get komisarek remember.

Good luck kid and give your thanks to the hockey gods that you play in a diiferent conference....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Whatever the outcome during the game, Lucic is not going to forget about it. It took him over 2 years to get komisarek remember.

Good luck kid and give your thanks to the hockey gods that you play in a diiferent conference....

Folly.

This was a run of the mill hockey play.

I'm really getting done with all of the BS that surrounds making everything more than just a game of hockey.  Lucic won't forget what?  This started and ended.

Remember a couple of years ago when Karl Alzner made the crybaby motion towards Lucic in the playoffs?  Everyone was all about "Oh wait until next year when Lucic gets him."  Never happened.

A guy makes a statement in the press and people go bananas about "bulletin board material".  It's just a game.  It's just another game.  It's just another player.  It's just another play. 

One team beats another and the next game is a revenge game.  It's all about payback.

One good team plays another good team.  It's a "statement game".  Gotta make a statement with this on to let the league know...

How much of any of this ever matters?

This isn't directed at you, JM.  I'm happy that you're back and I think you're great to chat with.

This is just an overall rant sparked by something you said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I like the quote for Landeskog. He said something, but I give credit to Lucic for not pounding away. Still kind of suprised how 3 Avs stood there, while Lucic dropped the gloves and went after him. Would have been an issue if the Avs lost.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No worries NAS. Nothing personal. You have a valid point.

For me, though, this just shows how intense us fans are and we like to see our team play with the same intensity. Some of us believe that certain players, and Lucic is one, play their best when they become emotionally charged. So, if Lucic gets rubbed the wrong way then I personally see it as a positive. I want him to be on the edge.

To me, the best games the NHL has produced stemmed from emotion and intensity. It makes the game more exciting to watch, rather than seeing some millionaire automotons merely finding their mark on the ice and emotionlessly skating to the bench after every whistle.

Just my take.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Landeskog remained cool and Lucic put himself in position to allow the refs to make a dumb call. Lucic needs to get a hold of his emotions and play hockey.

I can't wait for the next game against Colorado, it's going to be a revenge game!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Landeskog remained cool and Lucic put himself in position to allow the refs to make a dumb call. Lucic needs to get a hold of his emotions and play hockey.

I can't wait for the next game against Colorado, it's going to be a revenge game!

There's going to be payback for sure.This will be a statement game by Fats ! That statement by Landeskog will provide great bulletin board material for sure!! Can't wait for the next Av's/B's game!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Far from a "wait 'til next time" situation, I actually think Lucic showed a lot of what I like about hockey.  He made it clear he felt Landeskog's actions warranted a fist to the chops, but he didn't just throw a cheap shot no matter how angry he was.  He did, however, look like he was taking full advantage of having the kid's fear-dilated eyes and full attention to let him know why he came within an inch of having his brains turned to custard.  The last shot was a reminder, when Landeskog started to look like he felt he had to bluster back in  response, that shut up and listen was the correct choice.

No issue with losing Lucic in that situation.  None.  Zero.  Meaningless cross-conference game in October.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

All those pims is the reason i say he wont be on canadas team in 2014.  He has that black out level of anger.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

There's going to be payback for sure.This will be a statement game by Fats ! That statement by Landeskog will provide great bulletin board material for sure!! Can't wait for the next Av's/B's game!!!

Fat!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Fat!

Right, Fat! Typo.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Once again I agree with Book. Lucic was upset and could have clobbered Landeskog, who should learn from this, as to stay away from trouble, if his concussion was serious. Much like Bergie, who plays a solid game without looking for potential problems.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The great thing is, I think both sides are thinking that way.

From Adrian Dater of the Denver Post:

Roy spoke of Landeskog doing the smart thing by letting Lucic take the extra penalties and using that to help get a victory, but I don't think he really believed it. When the Bruins come to Denver later this season, I'll guarantee you Roy will make sure somebody responds to Lucic. He knows the perception was that the Avs' captain chickened out against Lucic and nobody else stood up for him, and that it can't linger as a message for other teams to exploit.

Can't wait.  I'll be the 3rd row.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

There are no revenge games!

Haven't you heard ?

At least that's what I hear everywhere

PS. After 1700 posts on the Patsie board the ol man is back to tell us what too and not too post about...again LoL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There are no revenge games!

Haven't you heard ?

At least that's what I hear everywhere

PS. After 1700 posts on the Patsie board the ol man is back to tell us what too and not too post about...again LoL

F off, San.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

The great thing is, I think both sides are thinking that way.

From Adrian Dater of the Denver Post:

He knows the perception was that the Avs' captain chickened out against Lucic and nobody else stood up for him, and that it can't linger as a message for other teams to exploit.

Can't wait.  I'll be the 3rd row.

I don't think it was so much that he didn't fight him that made it look bad. It was that Lucic was talking to him the whole time like one of those drill sargeants on Scared Straight and Landeskog just sort of stood there with a doe-eyed look and hung on.  He wasn't even holding on very well - I think at any point in time Lucic could have started chucking and Landeskog would have had no defense - so really, he looked like he was about to get pantsed for his lunch money by the school bully.  And he's their captain.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Landeskog figured he could act like a captain and Lucic wouldn't fight him because of the gayass Code.

Wrong, kid.

Now you're just a big puss in the eyes of everyone.

You don't back down.  Yeah, you're going to get hurt, but you go...especially since you initiated the confrontation.

• Sections
    Shortcuts