Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law

Going through some of McQuaids fights on Youtube, and I noticed almost immediately that a very high dose of them (compared to other goon em up Youtube specials) are in response to a perceived cheap shot from the other team on another Bruin. The amount of pre-planned fights this guy gets in is probably lowest among league leaders in fighting. I dont know if Lucic or even Thornton is "tougher", maybe they are, but McQuaid is like a Wild West Sherriff out there and I love him for it. If he had gotten ahold of Armstrong last night instead of Seidenberg, they wouldve had to mop him off the ice.
    Anyway, here is to Adam McQuaid, underappreciated player imo as far as skills, but his name is starting to create some fear around the league I think. As in, dont screw with a spoked B while this guy is on the ice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law

First one to defend Seidnberg last night against Armstrong and who would have guessed that he could throw down last night and smoke him.

my favourite from last night was when Bozak came in tight and sprayed Thomas - Lone Wolf gave him a chop.  then lowered his arms and glared at him like go ahead - i dare you.  Bozak turned and skated away.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law:
    First one to defend Seidnberg last night against Armstrong and who would have guessed that he could throw down last night and smoke him. my favourite from last night was when Bozak came in tight and sprayed Thomas - Lone Wolf gave him a chop.  then lowered his arms and glared at him like go ahead - i dare you.  Bozak turned and skated away.
    Posted by tremha

That was my favorite part of the game also.  He just stood there, not moving, looking down.  "Skate away, son, or they'll carry you off."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The Quaider is the last guy on that team I would want to fight with. Thornton, just give him the nod and the fight ends. Lucic, not so much but if I turtled enough he'd back off. McQuaid? He fights angry, like he wants to end your family tree and doesn't stop until he or the ref linsemen decide it's over.

I'm sure his rep around the league by now is well known and guys are hesitant to throw down with him. He inflicts some serious hurt in his fights.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I love McQuaid ...and I think he is one of the best fighter in the NHL ...(White from Mtl was lucky when he faced McQuaid he was so close to him McQuaid didnt have a chance to use his long reach) ....but the toughest guys according to an NHL survey among the players are in order : Looch-Chara-Pronger ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 looking better & better)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I work and miss the gm. but i like what I heard coming home on the radio. I am reading the threads now, and it feels to me that this may be the spark plug the bruins need for the stretch. Buffalo is next on the bruins menu i hear that bears like to go after greyhounds,( a quote from Cherry about Lucic and Miller incident Buffalo are greyhounds and Boston are bull dogs and you can't turn a greyhound into a bull dog but you turn a bull dog into a greyhound.) but I hear that buffalo meat is good tasting.

At least we know that the bruins have a new sheriff in town , the positive part at least Chara and Lucic are also available when need be. Even thornton is fighting the last few gms and young Macdemid( give him credit) try out Rupp.
    Our d fence will gel better in time and have depth for the playoff run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

tukka-fall, McQuaid doesn't back down from anybody, it isn't in his DNA. He takes on all comers and the kid can also play some hockey.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I love McQuaid ...and I think he is one of the best fighter in the NHL ...(White from Mtl was lucky when he faced McQuaid he was so close to him McQuaid didnt have a chance to use his long reach) ....but the toughest guys according to an NHL survey among the players are in order : Looch-Chara-Pronger .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 looking better & better) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 looking better & better) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 looking better & better) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 looking better & better) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 looking better & better) Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 and 2013 (2012 looking better & better)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Pronger is tough. He rarely fights.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Good post. Very true. Looks like McQuaid is becoming a much more capable version of Hnidy. He does not do something for the sake of doing it or fight for the sake of fighting. All of his actions are for the protection of a teammate or territory.

Good on PC to give him that contract extension.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Gotta love McQuaid, ultimate team guy !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : Pronger is tough. He rarely fights.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

You're right. There is a difference between toughness and fighting. There is little doubt Pronger is one of the toughest D to play against (size, skill, and nastyness) but he never drops the mitts. Shouldn't have to anyway considering his value on the ice (when he is not injured of course). Same should be for Chara. The moment he fights losers like Koci, Shelley, and Scott the B's lose the war.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

seids feeding 'gritty' colby armstrong was a thing of beauty. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

The Quaider is the last guy on that team I would want to fight with. Thornton, just give him the nod and the fight ends. Lucic, not so much but if I turtled enough he'd back off. McQuaid? He fights angry, like he wants to end your family tree and doesn't stop until he or the ref linsemen decide it's over. I'm sure his rep around the league by now is well known and guys are hesitant to throw down with him. He inflicts some serious hurt in his fights.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

I don't quite know about that, if you watch Lucic's face when he fights he looks pretty pissed off to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

mcquaid backs down to the real hevywieghts in the leegue
    Posted by tukka-fall

Your english is getting better, son. You must be taking ESL classes.

Good for you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : I don't quite know about that, if you watch Lucic's face when he fights he looks pretty pissed off to me.
    Posted by matttt87

Looch is nuts too but I think he might let me live. Maybe lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : Your english is getting better, son. You must be taking ESL classes. Good for you!
    Posted by Wheatskins

Good one Wheat! lol

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : Looch is nuts too but I think he might let me live. Maybe lol
    Posted by WalkTheLine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7pLp9E8r8Y&feature=fvst

Unless you really get him riled up :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7pLp9E8r8Y&feature=fvst Unless you really get him riled up :)
    Posted by matttt87

Yeah, I see what you mean! Not sure what Mike Brown was thinking there. Maybe he was depressed and wanted to die??? lol He was even jawing at Lucic from the penalty box...Not too smart....Brown has no chance in a fight against Lucic, especially if you've got him 3 kinds of teed off.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : Pronger is tough. He rarely fights.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Same for Seidenberg, man is a beast with balance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

The only way it could've been better watching Seids feed Armstrong would've been if someone put a Habs jersey on Armstrong first, LOL.

Gotta say, I too love Quaider's game. I can't wait for March 17. I want to see McQuaid seriously hurt Sestito. I want to see the black-and-orange-shitface leave the ice missing a few teeth.

Sections
Shortcuts