Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : I don't quite know about that, if you watch Lucic's face when he fights he looks pretty pissed off to me.
    Posted by matttt87[/QUOTE]

and McQuaid sometimes is smiling while he's punching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

He has that maniacal smile that is intimidating as hell. Lucic just looks plain pissed. Chara is a giant. Thornton will take on anyone.

How do you counter that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : and McQuaid sometimes is smiling while he's punching.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

All I know is I'd rather fight niether :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i hope quaider grows a playoff mullet. as a matter of fact i hope they all forego the beard in favor of the mullet. that would be sweet. for those that are follically challenged, a playoff tail would be just fine. just imagine it, it would be sick, and this way segy and krejci and the young guys could represent. my favorite player is undoubtedly bergy, but mcquaid is becoming a close second. he's a tough hombre.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from matttt87. Show matttt87's posts

[QUOTE]i hope quaider grows a playoff mullet. as a matter of fact i hope they all forego the beard in favor of the mullet. that would be sweet. for those that are follically challenged, a playoff tail would be just fine. just imagine it, it would be sick, and this way segy and krejci and the young guys could represent. my favorite player is undoubtedly bergy, but mcquaid is becoming a close second. he's a tough hombre.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Only thing tough about that is a mullet (a true mullet) would take much longer to grow, they'd have to start before the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

then i say, start a growin'! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Good post. Very true. Looks like McQuaid is becoming a much more capable version of Hnidy. He does not do something for the sake of doing it or fight for the sake of fighting. All of his actions are for the protection of a teammate or territory. Good on PC to give him that contract extension.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Exactly, like a younger more talented version of Hnidy. That recent HNIC/NHLPA player poll that listed the top three toughest players as Lucic, Chara, Thornton, could easily grow to four Bruins in a row.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Looch didn't even come close to losing a fight in the early years.  More recently he's worried about his hands or is otherwise a little more tentative while fighting.  Fights seem a lot closer with him nowadays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

McQuaid is the man! I would love to have him on my team! Super underrated player on the stanley cup champions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Not to mention the goal he saved last night.  That was an awesome play.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Yea that was a Ryder'esque save/block.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

To quote Pierre McGuire, during Game Four of the finals, when Thornton came over to "aid" in a McQuaid scuffle, he referred to 54 as "one tough hombre".  True that.  I read that he broke two players' jaws in his last fights in Providence but I don't remember where or how to confirm that.  One tough hombre, indeed!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]To quote Pierre McGuire, during Game Four of the finals, when Thornton came over to "aid" in a McQuaid scuffle, he referred to 54 as "one tough hombre".  True that.  I read that he broke two players' jaws in his last fights in Providence but I don't remember where or how to confirm that.  One tough hombre, indeed!
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

I've also heard McGuire say McQuaid is rapidly gaining a rep throughout the league of being a guy you don't want to mess with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Doug MacLean off of Sportsnet says he knows McQuaid's family from P.E.I. He says the whole family is tough. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

all our blue liners are tough hombres except for corvo, but he's a got a 2% shooting percentage. 

i'm still in awe of seids.  the canadian feed had a different camera angle giving a better view of der hammer's uppercuts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NsxmXOn1jM

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]Not to mention the goal he saved last night.  That was an awesome play.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Key time in the game as well.  Could have been different if that one went in.

I underestimated his ability when he first came up.  Definitely a keeper as a 5-6 Dman who can intimidate with the best of them.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

I confess to enjoying watching the YouTube on the Torres beatdown after Torres cheapshotted Ference. http://youtu.be/FLOjQcyA8uc
    I'm sure McQuaid flying in was Armstrong's worst nightmare last evening... until Armstrong realized that Seidenberg can handle himself.
    McQuaid personifies that "Got your back" Bruins ethos.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]all our blue liners are tough hombres except for corvo, but he's a got a 2% shooting percentage.  i'm still in awe of seids.  the canadian feed had a different camera angle giving a better view of der hammer's uppercuts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NsxmXOn1jM    
    Posted by Karl-Hungus[/QUOTE]

That's a great post - 2% shooting percentage - very funny!  Seidenberg was pretty impressive - Armstrong thought he had a good thing going, when he avoided 54.

What is a 2% shooting average?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

McQuaid, my brother and I when we have the time watch the Bs, we absolutely love the McQuaid stare down, he makes any pretenter skate away.  He is a solid defenseman, slowly moving up the charts in defending.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : I've also heard McGuire say McQuaid is rapidly gaining a rep throughout the league of being a guy you don't want to mess with.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

He's truly mean when challenged or when one of his mates is abused (Torres on Ference) - perfect teammate.  He was interviewed by Naoko recently between periods and he was very polite and down to earth ... but then again she didn't throw snow at Thomas or charge Seidenberg.  I love 54.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Perhaps he's a Jamie Huscroft renaissance man , Hus ??

I love the guy too, and feel validated that he has made the team. I recall tooting his horn in 2009 when they needed more toughness, and no one here knew of him....

They grow em tough on PEI; something about the red soil there I think. I played hockey there in touneys as a kid, and they all seemed tough. 

Not quite a super heavy, but maybe if he had 10-15 lbs and gets more confidence we'll see him beat an aging Jody Shelley like a rented mule one day.... Very decent, humble fellow. Glad to read this post....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : and McQuaid sometimes is smiling while he's punching. Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

And laughing that is scary because it declares confidence.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law": [QUOTE]Perhaps he's a Jamie Huscroft renaissance man , Hus ?? I love the guy too, and feel validated that he has made the team. I recall tooting his horn in 2009 when they needed more toughness, and no one here knew of him.... They grow em tough on PEI; something about the red soil there I think. I played hockey there in touneys as a kid, and they all seemed tough.  Not quite a super heavy, but maybe if he had 10-15 lbs and gets more confidence we'll see him beat an aging Jody Shelley like a rented mule one day.... Very decent, humble fellow. Glad to read this post.... Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE] Um..Darth Quaider would mop the floor with Jody Shelly, right now. That kids got mitts of stone.

25. This post has been removed.