Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law

In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps he's a Jamie Huscroft renaissance man , Hus ?? I love the guy too, and feel validated that he has made the team. I recall tooting his horn in 2009 when they needed more toughness, and no one here knew of him.... They grow em tough on PEI; something about the red soil there I think. I played hockey there in touneys as a kid, and they all seemed tough.  Not quite a super heavy, but maybe if he had 10-15 lbs and gets more confidence we'll see him beat an aging Jody Shelley like a rented mule one day.... Very decent, humble fellow. Glad to read this post....
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

McQuaid's the real deal.  Huscroft (still my favorite) stood up for a team, on numerous occasions, which wouldn't/couldn't stand up for itself.  McQuaid adds a "sheriff" attitude to an already tough Bruins team, and he does it well.  As everybody here has agreed, McQuaid is one tough hombre and a pretty good 5th/6th defenseman with an upside and a pseudo-mullet, and a true mean streak.  Somewhere, Jamie Huscroft and Ken Baumgartner and Shane Hnidy are smiling.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law": Um..Darth Quaider would mop the floor with Jody Shelly, right now. That kids got mitts of stone.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Well, I'd like to see it after what Shelley did to him last year, but if you look at his fightcard, he's not quite throwing with the super heavies just yet. In fact, Thornton has fought Shelley twice since he rammed Quaider that time....

I hope he gets him before he retires, like Ken Belanger pistolwhipped Probey in his dying days whilst wearing a spoked B...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic may be tough, but McQuaid is the law : McQuaid's the real deal.  Huscroft (still my favorite) stood up for a team, on numerous occasions, which wouldn't/couldn't stand up for itself.  McQuaid adds a "sheriff" attitude to an already tough Bruins team, and he does it well.  As everybody here has agreed, McQuaid is one tough hombre and a pretty good 5th/6th defenseman with an upside and a pseudo-mullet, and a true mean streak.  Somewhere, Jamie Huscroft and Ken Baumgartner and Shane Hnidy are smiling.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

I think Hnidy's a little over-rated in that dept, although I liked him too, and get the analogy... I think McQuaid will be a policeman more in the Larry Robinson mould, a far more favourable comparison than Hnidy.... I think I may start growing a mullet in anticipation of a long playoff run in Lonewolf's honours. 

Sections
Shortcuts