Lucic must go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Lucic must go

In response to lucdufour's comment:

I got a lot of heat for proposing a trade of Lucic for Kessler at the deadline....anyone want to revisit that?  Kessler has some serious speed and can play center if you need to shake things up a bit.  I know that Lucic, DK, and Iginla didn't score much but they were also terrible in their own zone--mostly because they are simply not quick to loose pucks.   I also lost a lot of respect for Lucic for breaking the code during the handshake.  This is the only Top 6 forward I would consider moving if the right deal came along.    

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

I like Kesler and think he is a solid player but I would never trade Lucic for him.  I would love to see the Bs pick him up but not for Milan.  Also this whole hand shake thing is so over blown.  Chelios and Billy Smith never even got in line, the skated directly off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I got a lot of heat for proposing a trade of Lucic for Kessler at the deadline....anyone want to revisit that?  Kessler has some serious speed and can play center if you need to shake things up a bit.  I know that Lucic, DK, and Iginla didn't score much but they were also terrible in their own zone--mostly because they are simply not quick to loose pucks.   I also lost a lot of respect for Lucic for breaking the code during the handshake.  This is the only Top 6 forward I would consider moving if the right deal came along.    

I like Kesler, but not for Lucic. Also, Kesler is not the remedy that ills this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

What Lucic did was completely infantile, but he should have targeted his frustration at himslf and his own team, not the Habs.  When the only guy looking dangerous on your team is Soderberg (rightfully, to his credit), you have to look deep into why such a loaded roster mailed it in.  

I hope the Rags beat the Scabs.  It might force PC to go back to the drawing board.  Otherwise, he'll be lulled into thinking the Habs were simply the best team in the East....maybe they are, but if the NYR beat them he'll have to study what they did differently - I think it would have to do with something called "motivation" - something teams under CJ seem to turn on and off at will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Trade Lucic never! what he did was not the first and wont be the last. It has gone on for many years. Plus this hand shaking business is bull never liked it. NHL is the only sport that does this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I actually think Lucic telling off Wiese was perfectly fine.  Wiese is a dirt bag

Defense.  It is still important.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:

What Lucic did was completely infantile, but he should have targeted his frustration at himslf and his own team, not the Habs.  When the only guy looking dangerous on your team is Soderberg (rightfully, to his credit), you have to look deep into why such a loaded roster mailed it in.  

Got to disagree with you here. The hockey world does not end with this playoff. There will be other seasons and the B's will play the Habs again. Lucic was sowing the seeds of doubt in the minds of some Habs he thought deserved it. I have no problem with that. I look forward to Lucic destroying Weise and Emelin next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Say what you want about Looch and what he said but I admire his inability to accept defeat. Relentless and indomitable should be in the make up of every Bruin. Certainly better than Mike Sullivan and his 'up up with people' routine after the Bs lost to the Habs in 2004.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I will revisit that all day long:

* 4 yrs younger

* healthier(kesler is a bandaid)

* better scorer

* proven winner

* more physical

* feared throughout the league

* still has room to grow as a player

i like Keslers game but he isnt getting better, is broken down and only offers an advantage on defensive end of the game.  I hated lots of lucics antics this year but hes a stud in a mold of his own.  I hope management tell him to smarten up.  ST is supposed to be a leader and look at the minor league stuff he does.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Agreed. Bruins would be foolish to make that trade. Kessler misses far too much time. Lucic goes nowhere!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I love Fat,love his attitude,love his style,love his personality,love his game,hope he stays a Bruin his entire career.Oh, and i especially love his handshake line responses when he's playing the Scabs,see ya next year Weise,Emelin, a lot of talk there,bring it on! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Can you imagine if anyone of the Bruins brass suggested "Lucic must go...........because of the lineup handshake" in front of Neely ?

Auto-firing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Emelin is the modern day Ulf Sam Wilson, plays dirty but refuses to drop the mitts, and johnny-come-lately Weiss mocked the Looch....

i find Looch showed restraint, i would've coldcocked the two pukes....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Lucic one of my favorites and a celebration is just that. He may be more embarrassed than anything. Emotion is one thing but he may want to take a page out of Soderberg's book and act like he's been there before. If you set yourself up for a mocking -- that's the price you pay. We are all taught growing up to win with humility and lose with dignity. Only having played sports up until 2nd year of college -- I'm not going to judge that I know what it's like to perform at the level these guys play. Looch could have bit his tongue and saved all the anger for next season vs Weiss -- but his brain chose a different route. Imagine what it was like for a guy like Pierre Turgeon having to shake hands with Dale Hunter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Lucic is easily the most overrated player on the B's. Every time he takes a good clean hit he wants to fight the guy who hit him. Then if the guy doesn't want to fight, Lucic pretends he is so tough. Every solid check in hockey does not need to be settled with a fight. The only thing he should be mad a Dale Weise for is that Weise (a fourth-liner) outplayed him in the series. 

Personally, I would love for the B's to figure out a way to move Lucic and keep Iginla.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Lucic one of my favorites and a celebration is just that. He may be more embarrassed than anything. Emotion is one thing but he may want to take a page out of Soderberg's book and act like he's been there before. If you set yourself up for a mocking -- that's the price you pay. We are all taught growing up to win with humility and lose with dignity. Only having played sports up until 2nd year of college -- I'm not going to judge that I know what it's like to perform at the level these guys play. Looch could have bit his tongue and saved all the anger for next season vs Weiss -- but his brain chose a different route. Imagine what it was like for a guy like Pierre Turgeon having to shake hands with Dale Hunter.

That is typical for Lucic. He wants to fight anyone who checks him. If some one cheap shots you I get it, but there are a number of occasions where Lucic takes a clean hit and the first thing he does is go after the guy. If Lucic ever leaves the B's, Boston will absolutely hate him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:

That is typical for Lucic. He wants to fight anyone who checks him. If some one cheap shots you I get it, but there are a number of occasions where Lucic takes a clean hit and the first thing he does is go after the guy. If Lucic ever leaves the B's, Boston will absolutely hate him.

You think Lucic is the only player to do that? It is an epidemic in the NHL. Most players seem to be embarrassed when they take a hard check, and get up, ready to fight in order to redeem themselves. Unless of course, they play for Montreal, where they start crying to the refs :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Can you imagine if anyone of the Bruins brass suggested "Lucic must go...........because of the lineup handshake" in front of Neely ?

Auto-firing.

Yip but right now  we need to make  upgrades to prevent another

Auto- elimination

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

Speaking of "auto-elimination"...been quite a few since 1993!

You'd follow a knat right into the mouth of a Frog!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to SylvesterMexicano's comment:

And? Hahaha mex u  Don't know where to go do u?

Hey I probably don't follow baseball like u do .but I can still have a discussion on it. .. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SylvesterMexicano's comment:

You know what?  The people that read these threads aren't Habs fans, so how about you stop writing about 1993?  It's stupid and we don't care.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yeah, I'll revisit it:

It still sucks.

Kessler isn't half the impact player Lucic is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Auto-firing.

No kidding. Neely even said the one thing he hated about hockey was the handshake after. Gerry Cheevers never shook hands in his entire career. I never shook hands either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

You know what?  The people that read these threads aren't Habs fans, so how about you stop writing about 1993?  It's stupid and we don't care.

You don't run this board internet tough guy so F*** Off!

1993!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

No kidding. Neely even said the one thing he hated about hockey was the handshake after. Gerry Cheevers never shook hands in his entire career.

I agree with both of them.  "Hey, we just played seven games filled with violence, hatred, blood and multiple fights.  Good job.  Thanks for taking from me what I have worked my whole life to achieve.  I hope it all works out well for you."

F that.

I just hope Lucic actually does something about it next year.  I remember hoping for the same thing after Alzner gave him the "you're a baby" action two years ago that ended up being forgotten.

Back it up.  Take your PIM.  Pound these suckers in the first game.

But, you know, before that, make sure you shake hands in an act of goodwill.  No f'ing way.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts