Lucic needs to calm down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Lucic needs to calm down

I understand Lucic is a tough guy. But he needs to drop the attitude for the sake of the team.

I know how pissed off he was when cross checked and boarded in the game against the Panthers

fortunately the Bruins won and his penalty was of no consequence. However that could happen in a important game and the effects could be devastating.

I'm not saying he should embellish but he should have laid on the ice a moment or two to calm himself down and drawn attention to the play. I personally think a game misconduct at least a one game suspension should have been handed out to the offending Panther's player

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

Re: Lucic needs to calm down

that would be like impersonating a canuck or hab.

No thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Absolutely not. Other teams need to know they are going to get theirs if they pull non-sense like that. Need I post the Mike Ribeiro incident video? Absolutely appalling behavior to fake an injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

This Bruins team is all about character. Milan felt hard done by and reacted honestly. I'd want my players to stand up for themselves as well, and show that we won't be pushed around. I'm sure the other guys on the Boston team knew that a message had to be sent. Remember the Miller incident? These moments can make a difference in a season. Teams know now that the Boston players will not be goaded into anything stupid, but will definitely get you back one way or another, and that will make them think twice before attempting anything borderline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to skater68's comment:

I understand Lucic is a tough guy. But he needs to drop the attitude for the sake of the team.

I know how pissed off he was when cross checked and boarded in the game against the Panthers

fortunately the Bruins won and his penalty was of no consequence. However that could happen in a important game and the effects could be devastating.

I'm not saying he should embellish but he should have laid on the ice a moment or two to calm himself down and drawn attention to the play. I personally think a game misconduct at least a one game suspension should have been handed out to the offending Panther's player

Sorry, not his style, nor would i ever expect him to do it. His response was exactly what you'd want and expect, loved it. I'm sure Milan knows an important game from a mid season one and if the ref had done his job, alot to expect i know, but if he had nothing would likely have developed or at the very least coincidental minors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Can't agree with you here skater. If a guy like Lucic doesn't stand up and let everyone know that he and his team are not to be messed with, these other teams will test them and take runs if they think they can get away with it. 

I do agree that you pick your spots, but Florida is not one of them. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He should have faked injury? 

No, he is Milan Lucic.  He is supposed to get up and be burning mad.

And he was.

And it was good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

I thought he handle it perfectly. If he was not in control he would have pounded Weaver when he came back in the third period.

The day that Lucic lays down to draw a call will be a sad day for Bruin fans!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to fishfinger's comment:

I thought he handle it perfectly. If he was not in control he would have pounded Weaver when he came back in the third period.

The day that Lucic lays down to draw a call will be a sad day for Bruin fans!

Rest easy Fish, it will never happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I have no problem with his response as it was exactly what I expected and hoped from him. If he had been more 'disciplined' and just gotten to his feet and skated away after being cross-checked from behind into the boards, posters here would be commenting on Lucic not standing up for himself. "Lucic thinks he's a goal scorer and won't drop the mitts anymore...etc"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

When tough teams like  Tor, Minn... and Phil ..
    come to Boston, all bruins like to have a guy like Lucic to calm the opponent.

Lucic is not there to do figure skating.

And it's well like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BlueChip99's comment:

And it's well like that.

That is left to Chara. A double sowkow is his signature move.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

And it's well like that.

Yes, and he really surprised me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

And it's well like that.

Yes, and he really surprised me.

Me as well, a joy to watch! ;-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to skater68's comment:

I don't want any embellishment from the team which includes laying on the ice. No thank you!!!Think about the long term consequences of not reacting. Think about the fear others have of the Bs, there's a reason for that, they stick up for themselves even if/when refs don't. I cheered his reaction from the moment it happenned

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Love Lucics game this year, if it means he has to take some penalties because of a temper so be it. Neely did the same thing, it's not a switch that can just be turned off or on. Every player in the league has seen the video of it by now, very few would want to be ont he other end of it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

The emotion he showed is good. The continued yapping that earned him a misconduct not so much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Lucic is a member of the Boston Bruins! Lay down a minute?? Pwwwwt.....ridiculous is too nice of a word for that nonsense!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Love Lucics game this year, if it means he has to take some penalties because of a temper so be it. Neely did the same thing, it's not a switch that can just be turned off or on. Every player in the league has seen the video of it by now, very few would want to be ont he other end of it.

Thats right Kel, posters on here have talked ad nauseum about staged fights and faked anger, with Lucic, when he's mad, he's mad and plays the game with passion and fire. Theres nothing staged about that. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Lucic is a member of the Boston Bruins! Lay down a minute?? Pwwwwt.....ridiculous is too nice of a word for that nonsense!

Leave that for the Ribeiro's, Burrow's, and Kesler's , they're good at it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Leave that for the Ribeiro's, Burrow's, and Kesler's , they're good at it.

BINGO!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Even just as a point of effectiveness, Lucic creates space for himself out there because guys flinch rather than a) try to hit him and take the worst of it or b) pizz him off.  As a junior, Tie Domi scored more than 20 goals one year because he would go to the net and if the D tried to muscle him out, he'd beat the tar out of them.  292 Pims, 22 goals.  Because he was physically intimidating the opposition to play less aggressively. 

Lucic does that with hitting, and he does it with the occasional fight, but it's most important that he loses his nut every once in a while because most guys are not going to want to pay the price of laying a dirty hit on him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Even just as a point of effectiveness, Lucic creates space for himself out there because guys flinch rather than a) try to hit him and take the worst of it or b) pizz him off.  As a junior, Tie Domi scored more than 20 goals one year because he would go to the net and if the D tried to muscle him out, he'd beat the tar out of them.  292 Pims, 22 goals.  Because he was physically intimidating the opposition to play less aggressively. 

Lucic does that with hitting, and he does it with the occasional fight, but it's most important that he loses his nut every once in a while because most guys are not going to want to pay the price of laying a dirty hit on him.

And if it leads to the odd PP for the opposing team, hey, we all know that a great PP does not necessarily lead to a PP goal or is it needed to win a Stanley Cup! ;-p

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I criticized his response a little, but I actually disagree with the OP here.  He doesn't need to calm down, so much as make his reactions more effective.  I wasn't real happy with the response to Weaver because he essentially got 14 PIMs and put the team shorthanded for a shove and a facewash.  I actually would have rather seen him come up swinging or take a number and pound Weaver later in the game.

I know it isn't a popular opinion here but I think Lucic got the worst of the exchange.  Weaver doesn't get a scratch, draws two penalties, and takes a top line guy off the ice for a long time. I though what Lucic did was cross check Weaver (one penalty), face wash Weaver (2nd penalty) and then yell at the ref (3rd penalty).  Not really a form of revenge, IMO.

So yeah, I like Lucic tough and angry, but you still hope that the reaction is effective at the end of the day.  If Weaver got beat up, then you have a deterrent for the next guy.  But what actually happened might just encourage the next guy to bait Lucic and turn to the ref. Not that bad.

I almost wish he went more nuts, or less nuts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I criticized his response a little, but I actually disagree with the OP here.  He doesn't need to calm down, so much as make his reactions more effective.  I wasn't real happy with the response to Weaver because he essentially got 14 PIMs and put the team shorthanded for a shove and a facewash.  I actually would have rather seen him come up swinging or take a number and pound Weaver later in the game.

I know it isn't a popular opinion here but I think Lucic got the worst of the exchange.  Weaver doesn't get a scratch, draws two penalties, and takes a top line guy off the ice for a long time. I though what Lucic did was cross check Weaver (one penalty), face wash Weaver (2nd penalty) and then yell at the ref (3rd penalty).  Not really a form of revenge, IMO.

So yeah, I like Lucic tough and angry, but you still hope that the reaction is effective at the end of the day.  If Weaver got beat up, then you have a deterrent for the next guy.  But what actually happened might just encourage the next guy to bait Lucic and turn to the ref. Not that bad.

I almost wish he went more nuts, or less nuts.

That might happen if the player in question knows for sure the ref will blow the call, which happened here and cannot be guaranteed again. 

Sections
Shortcuts