Lucic needs to calm down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Lucic needs to calm down

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I criticized his response a little, but I actually disagree with the OP here.  He doesn't need to calm down, so much as make his reactions more effective.  I wasn't real happy with the response to Weaver because he essentially got 14 PIMs and put the team shorthanded for a shove and a facewash.  I actually would have rather seen him come up swinging or take a number and pound Weaver later in the game.

I know it isn't a popular opinion here but I think Lucic got the worst of the exchange.  Weaver doesn't get a scratch, draws two penalties, and takes a top line guy off the ice for a long time. I though what Lucic did was cross check Weaver (one penalty), face wash Weaver (2nd penalty) and then yell at the ref (3rd penalty).  Not really a form of revenge, IMO.

So yeah, I like Lucic tough and angry, but you still hope that the reaction is effective at the end of the day.  If Weaver got beat up, then you have a deterrent for the next guy.  But what actually happened might just encourage the next guy to bait Lucic and turn to the ref. Not that bad.

I almost wish he went more nuts, or less nuts.

Lucic stalked him in the third period and put a pretty good hit on him behind the Florida net as soon as he could. 

I don't think anyone will actually try to bait Lucic.  That's like joking with a shark using your own blood.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Lucic stalked him in the third period and put a pretty good hit on him behind the Florida net as soon as he could. 

I don't think anyone will actually try to bait Lucic.  That's like joking with a shark using your own blood.

Good.  I missed that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

"I understand Lucic is a tough guy. But he needs to drop the attitude for the sake of the team.

I know how pissed off he was when cross checked and boarded in the game against the Panthers

fortunately the Bruins won and his penalty was of no consequence. However that could happen in a important game and the effects could be devastating.

I'm not saying he should embellish but he should have laid on the ice a moment or two to calm himself down and drawn attention to the play. I personally think a game misconduct at least a one game suspension should have been handed out to the offending Panther's player"

Sometime I have to wonder if they are still teaching children to read in the school system

I didn't to embellish

I didn't say lay on the ice for a minute. I said a moment or two

i didn't say he shouldn't retaliate

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to skater68's comment:

"I understand Lucic is a tough guy. But he needs to drop the attitude for the sake of the team.

I know how pissed off he was when cross checked and boarded in the game against the Panthers

fortunately the Bruins won and his penalty was of no consequence. However that could happen in a important game and the effects could be devastating.

I'm not saying he should embellish but he should have laid on the ice a moment or two to calm himself down and drawn attention to the play. I personally think a game misconduct at least a one game suspension should have been handed out to the offending Panther's player"

Sometime I have to wonder if they are still teaching children to read in the school system

I didn't to embellish

lie on the ice for a moment or two to draw attention to the play, is, by definition embellishing. don't try to hide. you wanted lucic to lie on the ice, collect himself, stare at the refs, and play on. well, that's what they do in montreal. Not in Boston. The benefits of this? well, for starters lucic will be able to look himself in the mirror without vomitting. also, every NHL player has the NHL network. They probably watch NHL tonight like the rest of us. They saw this. Everytime someone gets messed up after going after a bruin, the rest of the league is slightly less likely to do it. never again do i want to see someone take a cheap shot at a bruin, and have the team look around and stare at the refs. That happened one day in pittsburgh and it was disgusting. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I didn't to embellish

For the sake of the team he needs to act exactly like he did at the time he did. This was Florida, with a 2 goal lead, not a playoff series. And whether or not you used the word you did say he should embellish. No room for it in hockey as far as I'm concerned. Glad to see Marchand has improved in this area under Julien's teaching.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I didn't to embellish

Laying on the ice to get the official's attention is embellishment, and that's not Boston Bruins hockey.

I wonder if you went to a school where they taught writing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

Getting the officials attention is not embellishing. Throwing your head back flinging your arms in the air dramatically to over emphasize the hit to me would be an embellishment.

If Lucic had taken a "moment" or two to even look in the direction of the officials even a look of scorn at a no call would to me be appropriate behavior.  Then he could go kick as*s.

I guess it depends on ones definition 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Milan Lucic doesn't lay on the ice for anybody, if he did, he wouldn't be Milan Lucic

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Getting the officials attention is not embellishing. Throwing your head back flinging your arms in the air dramatically to over emphasize the hit to me would be an embellishment.

If Lucic had taken a "moment" or two to even look in the direction of the officials even a look of scorn at a no call would to me be appropriate behavior.  Then he could go kick as*s.

your right, it does depend on ones definition. if you make up a definition like you have, you'll think we're all crazy. In reality, laying on the ice to draw attention from the refs is 100% embellishment, and I can't believe you refute that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

No, No, No, he does not need to calm down.  He and his demeanor is his contribution to this team!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Milan Lucic doesn't lay on the ice for anybody, if he did, he wouldn't be Milan Lucic

You nailed that one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe he could carry a telescoping flagpole and a red flag.  When he takes a cheap shot, he could bust it out and wave it a few times.

That wouldn't be embellishing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The handling-the-puck penalty against the Senators looked pretty stupid to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

The handling-the-puck penalty against the Senators looked pretty stupid to me.

That's just wrong though. What Lucic did wasn't a penalty before this year. That's like saying players are stupid when they get whistled for using their hand on a faceoff. If you spend your whole life playing a certain way, then a rule cange can be hard to get used to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

OMG Lucic appealing loudly to officials in the Senators game that he was fouled.

Where's all the outrage? Is he no longer the real Lucic? Will his image be tainted forever? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

OMG Lucic appealing loudly to officials in the Senators game that he was fouled.

Where's all the outrage? Is he no longer the real Lucic? Will his image be tainted forever? 

Yeah but he didn't lie on the ice peeking at the ref through his glove.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Yeah but he didn't lie on the ice peeking at the ref through his glove.

Can you imagine Lucic doing that?  LOL

Maybe in an event with little kids.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

dude, you aren't a hockey fan if you want what you say you want. the celtics are okay this year. watch them. there will be plenty of looking at the refs

Sections
Shortcuts