Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit?

Different than the "deserves" question, predict what he will get.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit?

He'll just get a fine and no games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Long+Island+Bruins+Fan. Show Long+Island+Bruins+Fan's posts

He will get one because they are playing the Habs !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Although I am against a suspension.  I think the fact he met about Miller combined with his history of a suspension and running Spacek last yr means he gets a couple games. 
    I don't think it will be deserved but when you play on edge this thing is bound to happen.  He just needs to be a little smarter.  Both of these he could have avoided. 

I said 2 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

This is a tough call. Rhinaldo got up immediately and started a fight.  Then he got a 10 minute misconduct for unsportsman like conduct in the beginning of the 3rd.  I have to wonder if that will play in the decision.  I also think the Miller incident will play into the decision.  I think, in order to prevent a "scandal", Lucic will be suspended. Orignailly, I thought the check would be worth 2 games and because of the Miller incident they would tack on an additional game for a 3 game suspension.  But if Rhinaldo's ability to get up and fight and then his misconduct come into play i'd say it knocks the suspension down to one game.
    1 game.
    My hope is that he will only be fined.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I think what happened after the Miller incident Shannahan really has no choice after letting Lucic slide on the last one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I say one. I didn't think it was that bad but he is now a repeat offender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

One, as a gesture to the league. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

one or two... and not for this hit in particuliar, but because he has a "history".
    i'd be shocked if he doesn't get suspended.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit?:
    Although I am against a suspension.  I think the fact he met about Miller combined with his history of a suspension and running Spacek last yr means he gets a couple games.  I don't think it will be deserved but when you play on edge this thing is bound to happen.  He just needs to be a little smarter.  Both of these he could have avoided.  I said 2 games.
    Posted by shuperman

I agree..just to keep Lucic honest..the Miller incident still has warts on it if you hear the so called hockey experts in the media who felt he got away with murder basically.. so yes , I think Shanahan sends Lucic a message this time.. honestly the hit did not warrant a major and a game.. Phaneuf's hit on Kassian the night before was much worse and caused injury and he hit him in the numbers.. no suspension which was surprising..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

I've been geeking out on the Shanaban suspension vids all season and as such I'm gonna say: 0.

The reason is, Looch lines him up for a clean hit and then just prior to contact, Rinaldo shifts sharply to the right. The rule states: "in determining wheter [sic] such contact could have been avoided, the circumstances of the check, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the check or whether the check was unavoidable can be considered." 

Shanahan has been pretty by the book in his application of the rules as written (even if they include a typo) and seems to take suspensions pretty seriously. I don't think he compares one hit to any other or looks for payback, so if he wants to send a message he'll fine him the requisite $2500.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Just like the Miller hit, if Lucic wanted to run him, he could have put him through the glass. It was a hockey hit, not a malicious one and it wasn't even a really hard hit

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Voted 2 for "will he get", even though I don't think any are deserved. Even Rinaldo doesn't think there's anything wrong with the hit:

--------------------
    “It’s hockey, you hit and go into the boards, I don’t think it was dirty at all,” Rinaldo said. “Shoulder-to-shoulder and just momentum. He’s big guy, maybe double my weight. His momentum carried him into the boards awkwardly. I don’t think it was dirty at all.”

He added: “Should–to-shoulder, that’s fine, that’s cool. I don’t mind it at all.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

ZERO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So many of you are saying he should get suspended because of a ruling already made ? 
    That does not make sense. I think since Collin Campbell is not making decisions anymore the league would not look at situations like this.
    As for repeat offender , wasn't Phaneuf one ?  His hit was much worse and he got nothing. That should set the bar.
    Lucic got a penalty in the game and that should be sufficient plus a fine. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit?:
    So many of you are saying he should get suspended because of a ruling already made ?  That does not make sense. I think since Collin Campbell is not making decisions anymore the league would not look at situations like this. As for repeat offender , wasn't Phaneuf one ?  His hit was much worse and he got nothing. That should set the bar. Lucic got a penalty in the game and that should be sufficient plus a fine. 
    Posted by BsLegion

BsL,

I think Lucic's was worse b/c if you watch the play Rinaldo always had his back to the play.   I may have missed it but did Rinaldo even have the puck for more than a second. 
    Also, dumb dumb Lucic planted Spacek last year.  He has a history of suspension and was just in to speak with Shanny. 
    To me he gets two games b/c of past.  But this current hit.  But its the fool me once theory. 

I personally don't think its worth a suspension but its likely time the league told him to smarten up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, I'm with Legion on this one.  I have a bigger problem with him getting suspended because of past incidents in which he was not disciplined (so he's not a repeat offender) or to appease public opinion than if Shanahan looks at the play and says "I think that warrants a game."  All I want is that they continue to judge the action and, where the rules give them the discretion to do so, the "intent" of the action.  Please, no suspending players just to shut other people up...though I'd love to see that Shanahan video: "Although I believe Lucic did nothing wrong or beyond the realm of a 2 minute penalty, I've decided to suspend him for two games just so I don't have to listen the Shab fans whine."

A two game suspension at Lucic's salary is roughly $100K in lost salary.  Think the union will live with "I didn't want to hear the whining" as the rationale for taking $100K from a guy?

I don't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

If Lucic didn't hit Miller this hit would not even be on the radar. Over reaction by the officials and just about everyone else.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

So many of you are saying he should get suspended because of a ruling already made ?  That does not make sense. I think since Collin Campbell is not making decisions anymore the league would not look at situations like this. As for repeat offender , wasn't Phaneuf one ?  His hit was much worse and he got nothing. That should set the bar. Lucic got a penalty in the game and that should be sufficient plus a fine. 
    Posted by BsLegion

Surprisingly, Phaneuf has never been suspended or fined.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=3507

Shanahan has referenced player's past supplemental discipline as a criteria for assessing his punishment.  Might leave him an out since Lucic has been both suspended and fined in the past.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Voted 2 for "will he get", even though I don't think any are deserved. Even Rinaldo doesn't think there's anything wrong with the hit: -------------------- “It’s hockey, you hit and go into the boards, I don’t think it was dirty at all,” Rinaldo said. “Shoulder-to-shoulder and just momentum. He’s big guy, maybe double my weight. His momentum carried him into the boards awkwardly. I don’t think it was dirty at all.”   He added: “Should–to-shoulder, that’s fine, that’s cool. I don’t mind it at all.” http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-talk/post/Flyers-Rinaldo-says-Lucic-hit-was-clean?blockID=614782&feedID=6572
    Posted by Dave24

Given that quote he shouldn't get suspended at all.  If the guy who took the hit considers it a hockey play than what else is there to discuss?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Look, I really think that the B's have been getting away pretty lucky. I don't agree with the fan bases that claim that the B's are getting special treatment, but I can certainly see where they are coming from. It's understandable & I know a lot of us older fans KNOW that we all used to say that the Canadiens used to get special treatment.

The Bruins have been skimming along the line, or they've been crossing it & not getting punishished properly. It's almost a weekly basis now where somebody on the Bruins has been doing something troubling. I think the hammer has to start falling on some suspensions here. It really doesn't look good at all. Lucic 2 games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Ryan Miller has told Shanahan that Miller won't lend him his lipstick and purse any more if Lucic doesn't get suspended this time. Rihanna Miller is very upset, and for that reason, I think Looch gets a game. Rinaldo should get his a s s beaten next time we play Philly. Rinaldo is a little bi.tch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Actually, given Rinaldo's quote above, he's not a bi.tch after all. But I still want to see Lucic pound him. That's just me.

Sections
Shortcuts