Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit?

after reading that rinaldo quote, how can lucic possibly be fined or suspended? this should be interesting. anyone heard anything yet?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : Surprisingly, Phaneuf has never been suspended or fined. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=3507 Shanahan has referenced player's past supplemental discipline as a criteria for assessing his punishment.  Might leave him an out since Lucic has been both suspended and fined in the past.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Good post and agree.  Every house starts with a foundation.  Its gotta start somewhere.  If he has three or four more do we also turn the cheek.  He is a repeat offender.  I still stick that I don't think its a suspendable act.  But if it were Cooke would anyone say this.  He drilled Tyutin last year.  Suspended.  Lucic is no where near this league of play but he does have a past.

2 games is my call.  He could have avoided Miller and this incident.  He could have killed Miller if he wanted to.  But he could have also avoided him as well. 

Lucic had time to pull out of that.  The play didnt start with Rinaldo having the puck.  he was reacting to Horton getting double sandwiched.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Bob McKenzie
    One-game suspension for BOS's Milan Lucic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit?:
    [QUOTE]TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie One-game suspension for BOS's Milan Lucic.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Bummer.  Cue cries of "Well, he was only suspended to make it look like Boston isn't getting special treatment!  This just proves Campbell is still pulling strings!"

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Wow, classy comments by Rinaldo. Nice to see.

[QUOTE]Voted 2 for "will he get", even though I don't think any are deserved. Even Rinaldo doesn't think there's anything wrong with the hit: -------------------- “It’s hockey, you hit and go into the boards, I don’t think it was dirty at all,” Rinaldo said. “Shoulder-to-shoulder and just momentum. He’s big guy, maybe double my weight. His momentum carried him into the boards awkwardly. I don’t think it was dirty at all.”   He added: “Should–to-shoulder, that’s fine, that’s cool. I don’t mind it at all.” http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers-talk/post/Flyers-Rinaldo-says-Lucic-hit-was-clean?blockID=614782&feedID=6572
    Posted by Dave24[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, given Rinaldo's quote above, he's not a bi.tch after all. But I still want to see Lucic pound him. That's just me.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]
    I think Rinaldo plays the game the right way! He was running around trying to disrupt the B's. The Flyers weren't doing squat the whole game. He was at least trying to start a fire. And when he did something? He was right there taking on a bigger opponent backing up what he did! One of the few Flyers I like. He didn't take a dive, he didn't pretend he was hurt. He didn't say anything degrogatory about the Bruins. He acted exactly how all "hockey players" should act! My respect for the guy went up a lot of notches.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Here's the reasoning behind the suspension...........from Shanny.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=60&id=143408

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Zac Rinaldo plays the game the right way ?

Most penalized player in the OHL his last 2 years. Suspended 6 and 12 games on two separate occasions to go along with others. The dirtiest player the OHL had during that period. Had more suspensions (4 ) then goals ( 3 ) with his AHL play with the Phantoms. Just a newer version of Dan Carcillo but a little bit more dirtier and crazier.

OHL totals185274269649
    AHL totals60369331

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Zac Rinaldo plays the game the right way ? Most penalized player in the OHL his last 2 years. Suspended 6 and 12 games on two separate occasions to go along with others. The dirtiest player the OHL had during that period. Had more suspensions (4 ) then goals ( 3 ) with his AHL play with the Phantoms. Just a newer version of Dan Carcillo but a little bit more dirtier and crazier. OHL totals 185 27 42 69 649 AHL totals 60 3 6 9 331
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Bob Probert had a lot of penalty minutes and so did Tie Domi.  Neither were angels.  But both played the game very rugged and scored lots of PIMS.  Rinaldo is pint sized for a fighter but does his job well.  He took a solid sucker punch from Lucic in the playoffs last year.  He got up after being hit, said nothing bad towards the Bruins players. 
    He fights to keep his job.  Don`t we have one of those...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : Pretty sure Bob Probert had a lot of penalty minutes and so did Tie Domi.  Neither were angels.  But both played the game very rugged and scored lots of PIMS.  Rinaldo is pint sized for a fighter but does his job well.  He took a solid sucker punch from Lucic in the playoffs last year.  He got up after being hit, said nothing bad towards the Bruins players.  He fights to keep his job.  Don`t we have one of those...
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Comparing him to Domi and Probert. Ya ok shupe . A great disservice to those two . Great comparison. Go check out his laundry list of suspensions and dirty hits. And no we don't have anyone even close to him......

Unlike some this isn't the first time for me watching this circus act play. His 1000 pims in two leagues don't even tell the whole story on Rinaldo's play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Zac Rinaldo plays the game the right way ? Most penalized player in the OHL his last 2 years. Suspended 6 and 12 games on two separate occasions to go along with others. The dirtiest player the OHL had during that period. Had more suspensions (4 ) then goals ( 3 ) with his AHL play with the Phantoms. Just a newer version of Dan Carcillo but a little bit more dirtier and crazier. OHL totals 185 27 42 69 649 AHL totals 60 3 6 9 331
    What's this you gonna bark at me everytime now Chow because I went against your primadonna attitude on the MM situation. The past is the past. I was talking about this SITUATION & HOW HE HANDLED IT!! Did he go on like an idiot in a blown out game BIG MOUTH! Did he do the dirty play, or did LUCIC!

Your opinion is going is further into the toilet Chowda! You're not always right & you certainly aren't the only knowledgable poster here! I don't need your blessing to exist in here! So go blow out it out your.....!
    What's ur problem? Was NAS too much for you, so now your gonna start ur cow dung with me! Go away!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : Comparing him to Domi and Probert. Ya ok shupe . A great disservice to those two . Great comparison. Go check out his laundry list of suspensions and dirty hits. And no we don't have anyone even close to him...... Unlike some this isn't the first time for me watching this circus act play. His 1000 pims in two leagues don't even tell the whole story on Rinaldo's play.

Go read Proberts book.  Apparently you didnt watch Domi post entry into the NHL or his 1st few yrs.  How about Stock or Barnaby.   Heck I will throw Prust in the mix as well.  Guys do whatever it takes to get them here and twice that to stay in the league.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : Go read Proberts book.  Apparently you didnt watch Domi post entry into the NHL or his 1st few yrs.  How about Stock or Barnaby.   Heck I will throw Prust in the mix as well.  Guys do whatever it takes to get them here and twice that to stay in the league.   
    Careful Shupe! Chow doesn't like being disagreed with. You'll be in his bad books.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : Careful Shupe! Chow doesn't like being disagreed with. You'll be in his bad books.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

When has that stopped me?  Lord I believe I have Rinaldoed everyone in here at one time or another.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : What's this you gonna bark at me everytime now Chow because I went against your primadonna attitude on the MM situation. The past is the past. I was talking about this SITUATION & HOW HE HANDLED IT!! Did he go on like an idiot in a blown out game BIG MOUTH! Did he do the dirty play, or did LUCIC! Your opinion is going is further into the toilet Chowda! You're not always right & you certainly aren't the only knowledgable poster here! I don't need your blessing to exist in here! So go blow out it out your.....! What's ur problem? Was NAS too much for you, so now your gonna start ur cow dung with me! Go away!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I think I'll just stay on the topic of Rinaldo as a player and let you do the mud slinging as in the case of the Milbury thread.

Rinaldo has a past history of hitting from behind where he knocked a player out which he was suspended for. Most hockey people know that ( well almost ). If he had complained about Lucic's hit it would have made him look foolish and hypocritical considering his past history with this type of play. What else could he say ?

I don't have respect for the guy. His comments were self serving. He has multiple suspensions for injuring other players because he doesn't play the game.........the right way !

Okay, carry on talking about me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : Go read Proberts book.  Apparently you didnt watch Domi post entry into the NHL or his 1st few yrs.  How about Stock or Barnaby.   Heck I will throw Prust in the mix as well.  Guys do whatever it takes to get them here and twice that to stay in the league.   

If we were talking about what it takes to stay in the league why not add Thornton to the list also . We're not . We're talking about Rinaldo, how he plays the game and the respect/disrespect we're giving him.

Rinaldo is known for plays that have had intent to injure or reckless, careless hits that have resulted in suspensions that have ko'd other players.

I'm confused that you have no problem with a player that plays out of control in the manner of a Bryan Marchment or Matt Cooke hurting players with dirty hits but have shown distaste for certain players who play the agitator, instigator role ( and dirty at times ) with a ton of skill.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : If we were talking about what it takes to stay in the league why not add Thornton to the list also . We're not . We're talking about Rinaldo, how he plays the game and the respect/disrespect we're giving him. Rinaldo is known for plays that have had intent to injure or reckless, careless hits that have resulted in suspensions that have ko'd other players. I'm confused that you have no problem with a player that plays out of control in the manner of a Bryan Marchment or Matt Cooke hurting players with dirty hits but have shown distaste for certain players who play the agitator, instigator role ( and dirty at times ) with a ton of skill.

Rinaldo stuff is not stuff of legends or we would be reading about it constantly. He plays the game hard, crosses the line lots and always answers the bell. 

When did I ever say what Cooke did was ok?  Please please find it.  Stop trying to put words in my mouth to strengthen your argument.  If I say something I normally will be here when I am wrong.  I think people on here know that much about me. 

Rinaldo is just like any other small sized fighter trying to make his mark.  To my knowledge he hasnt been suspended this year.  Of all the league crack downs this year he has none but was on the receiving end and said it shouldnt be a suspension.  Jody Shelley is a terrible terrible hockey player.  He has a role.  Lots of these around the league.  I personally don't see Rinaldo in the paper like the mass murderer that you make him out to be.

Again, call me out on anything off sides that I write(there is plenty) but don't put the words of Matt Cooke in the same sentence as anything I would support. 
    I was n here saying Lucic shouldnt get suspended but his history caused it.  And well bingo it did. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : Rinaldo stuff is not stuff of legends or we would be reading about it constantly. He plays the game hard, crosses the line lots and always answers the bell.  When did I ever say what Cooke did was ok?  Please please find it.  Stop trying to put words in my mouth to strengthen your argument.  If I say something I normally will be here when I am wrong.  I think people on here know that much about me.  Rinaldo is just like any other small sized fighter trying to make his mark.  To my knowledge he hasnt been suspended this year.  Of all the league crack downs this year he has none but was on the receiving end and said it shouldnt be a suspension.  Jody Shelley is a terrible terrible hockey player.  He has a role.  Lots of these around the league.  I personally don't see Rinaldo in the paper like the mass murderer that you make him out to be. Again, call me out on anything off sides that I write(there is plenty) but don't put the words of Matt Cooke in the same sentence as anything I would support.  I was n here saying Lucic shouldnt get suspended but his history caused it.  And well bingo it did. 

Shupe I don't do this for anyone but I'll do this for you ( just this one time ). Considering you're having a hard time comprehending what I'm saying I'll break it down for you.

1)   Rinaldo stuff is not stuff of legends or we would be reading about it constantly.

Oh yes he is . You just don't follow or read the AHL or OHL. That's what I was referring to in my posts ( not NHL ). If you would have slowed down and read it properly you'd know this . 

2)  When did I ever say what Cooke did was ok?

You didn't . I said ......

'a player that plays out of control in the manner of a Bryan Marchment or Matt Cooke hurting players with dirty hits'

........which is me saying I think that Rinaldo has played like Cooke and Marchment because of his dirty hits. Nothing at all that suggests you said anything about Cooke being ok . Try youtube for the hits.

3) I personally don't see Rinaldo in the paper like the mass murderer that you make him out to be.

Try watching him like I did during his junior career ( suspensions and dirty play ) and you'd change your mind. And then following it up with 4 suspensions in his only AHL season . Yep, mass murderer on probation in the NHL !

4) I was n here saying Lucic shouldn't get suspended but his history caused it. And well bingo it did.

Not me I was one of the only one's who voted he should be suspended ( I thought he hit the numbers ).

5)   Stop trying to put words in my mouth to strengthen your argument.

Seems to me you saying that I put words in your mouth with the Cooke comment is totally wrong . I didn't. As stated above you misread it. No need to apologize. I forgive you.

Finally 5) is a line you used before on others . It's old and fictitious then and now.

Please get a new line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

1.  I did read it properly and I do realize he is a rookie.  Dumb pt.  Bottom line is he hasn't done it on this level.  And the only pt I was making is that most guys like him have a rap sheet as long as their arm.  It goes with the territory. 

2.  Now I know why NAS doesn't have the time of day for you.  Did you miss the part where you said  "YOU have no problem with"  You missed that portion.  Pretty sure it indicates are assumes I have no problem with the way a Cooke plays.  I will repeat you find me one single sentence where I have said this.  I will be waiting a while.

3.  Mass Murderer.  Do we have another Tim Brent on our hands.  To date there have been how many suspensions and fines this year?  To date how many times has he been suspended or fined.  Hmm  Seems to me he wants to stay in the big league. 

4.  I questioned why he was there in the 1st place since Ted Bundy Rinaldo didnt have the puck to start the play.  I said two games.  He got one.  Likely wouldnt have been suspended if he didn't have a history.  But we are almost agreeing here so I will run with it.

5. Refer to #2. You did!

So in conclusion you did put words in my mouth.  I did read your spew correctly and stated that a lot of players have skeletons.  Especially ones making a living this way.  He didnt get here on skill.  I don't expect to see him scoring a Ovie type goal.  I realize he plays on the edge and fights a lot.  Its why he's here. 
    Maybe his junior and AHL days catch up with him.  I will take your word since you watched him lots.  I wanna know a player in that role who doesnt have that rap sheet at some pt. And wreckless careless hits.  Isn't that what this league has been brought to. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : I think I'll just stay on the topic of Rinaldo as a player and let you do the mud slinging as in the case of the Milbury thread. Rinaldo has a past history of hitting from behind where he knocked a player out which he was suspended for. Most hockey people know that ( well almost ). If he had complained about Lucic's hit it would have made him look foolish and hypocritical considering his past history with this type of play. What else could he say ? I don't have respect for the guy. His comments were self serving. He has multiple suspensions for injuring other players because he doesn't play the game.........the right way ! Okay, carry on talking about me.
    Unlike you I wasn't going on about the past. My typo where I said "plays" instead of "Played" shoot me. I was talking about the situation at present. He P-L-A-Y-E-D the game the right way on Saturday! He reacted to the media the right way, unlike "Patch me up so I can go watch a movie & tweet about it & say how terrible Chara & the league is" I respect a hockey player who will do a borderline, or give a great body check & then be willing to fight after he does it! There's a huge difference between how a Burrows, or a Lepuke reacts compared to how Rinaldo reacted! I love the Boston Bruins who has had their fair share of lunatics! It's how they were always willing to take their lumps. They didn't act like the Claude Lemiuex's & Arf Sameulson's! HUGE difference! I hated Bobby Clark with a passion, but I would've taken him on my team any day of the week!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]1.  I did read it properly and I do realize he is a rookie.  Dumb pt.  Bottom line is he hasn't done it on this level.  And the only pt I was making is that most guys like him have a rap sheet as long as their arm.  It goes with the territory.  2.  Now I know why NAS doesn't have the time of day for you.  Did you miss the part where you said  "YOU have no problem with"  You missed that portion.  Pretty sure it indicates are assumes I have no problem with the way a Cooke plays.  I will repeat you find me one single sentence where I have said this.  I will be waiting a while. 3.  Mass Murderer.  Do we have another Tim Brent on our hands.  To date there have been how many suspensions and fines this year?  To date how many times has he been suspended or fined.  Hmm  Seems to me he wants to stay in the big league.  4.  I questioned why he was there in the 1st place since Ted Bundy Rinaldo didnt have the puck to start the play.  I said two games.  He got one.  Likely wouldnt have been suspended if he didn't have a history.  But we are almost agreeing here so I will run with it. 5. Refer to #2. You did! So in conclusion you did put words in my mouth.  I did read your spew correctly and stated that a lot of players have skeletons.  Especially ones making a living this way.  He didnt get here on skill.  I don't expect to see him scoring a Ovie type goal.  I realize he plays on the edge and fights a lot.  Its why he's here.  Maybe his junior and AHL days catch up with him.  I will take your word since you watched him lots.  I wanna know a player in that role who doesnt have that rap sheet at some pt. And wreckless careless hits.  Isn't that what this league has been brought to. 

1) Yes it was dumb point that you made and no you didn't read it properly.

2) Now I see why Fletch is the voice of reason and you're a notch below bruins8. 

'Pretty sure it indicates are assumes I have no problem with the way a Cooke plays' 

Pretty sure you still can't comprehend what the sentence said 'A player who plays like Cooke'. And he did/does ? /will ?

3) You said he wants to stay in the league and you're right . Who wouldn't ? What does that have to do with me pointing out his past ? Nothing.

4) Has nothing to do with anything we were talking about so.... ya..... whatever you say I agree with.

5) Refer to #2 . I didn't no matter what you say or think . You read it in the wrong context.

In conclusion, I didn't put words in your mouth ( your mind did ) and I also had a tough time reading your jibber jabber.

P.S. Isn't this fun and entertaining ? Seriously, don't you have better things to do on your vacation then get on the computer and doing this ^^^^^ ? Just wondering .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : 1) Yes it was dumb point that you made and no you didn't read it properly. 2) Now I see why Fletch is the voice of reason and you're a notch below bruins8.  'Pretty sure it indicates are assumes I have no problem with the way a Cooke plays'  Pretty sure you still can't comprehend what the sentence said 'A player who plays like Cooke'. And he did/does ? /will ?   3) You said he wants to stay in the league and you're right . Who wouldn't ? What does that have to do with me pointing out his past ? Nothing. 4) Has nothing to do with anything we were talking about so.... ya..... whatever you say I agree with. 5) Refer to #2 . I didn't no matter what you say or think . You read it in the wrong context. In conclusion, I didn't put words in your mouth ( your mind did ) and I also had a tough time reading your jibber jabber. P.S. Isn't this fun and entertaining ? Seriously, don't you have better things to do on your vacation then get on the computer and doing this ^^^^^ ? Just wondering .

I believe you said you only did this once?  Well you did it twice.  The second version more yawn filled then the first.  I get the type of player Rinaldo is, I may not appeal to the masses on here but I do know a thing or two about hockey.  I did a quick check on his junior stats and they arent mind blowing at all.  But I said I would take your word for it since you have watched him.  he has done nothing but put up fight majors in the NHL.  Maybe his act in Junior and AHL got him his chance.  He isnt exactly 6'5 250lbs.  he is small and had to do things to get noticed.  No difference than a PJ Stock or a Matthews Barnaby.   I played against PJ, he was a rugged little dude.

Now, you said "YOU" don't mind the stuff players like Cooke and Marchment do.  Does that not tend to sway the readers or me in some direction.   You didnt say Wayne Gretzky.  You said the dirtiest rat of them all in Matt Cooke similar what a newspaper does to sell papers.  Bad news sells right? 

FINALLY, you are a very good poster and I like reading your stuff.  Why are we arguing over Rinaldo when we could be debating Raffi Torres. 
    My vacation/s always involve the Bruins.  I enjoy reading good hockey debates.  I don't think that changes over a Rinaldo thread. 

You can have the last word if you like.  Santa is coming....lets fight after the holidays.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Poll II: How many games will Lucic get for the Rinaldo hit? : I believe you said you only did this once?  Well you did it twice.  The second version more yawn filled then the first.  I get the type of player Rinaldo is, I may not appeal to the masses on here but I do know a thing or two about hockey.  I did a quick check on his junior stats and they arent mind blowing at all.  But I said I would take your word for it since you have watched him.  he has done nothing but put up fight majors in the NHL.  Maybe his act in Junior and AHL got him his chance.  He isnt exactly 6'5 250lbs.  he is small and had to do things to get noticed.  No difference than a PJ Stock or a Matthews Barnaby.   I played against PJ, he was a rugged little dude. Now, you said "YOU" don't mind the stuff players like Cooke and Marchment do.  Does that not tend to sway the readers or me in some direction.   You didnt say Wayne Gretzky.  You said the dirtiest rat of them all in Matt Cooke similar what a newspaper does to sell papers.  Bad news sells right?  FINALLY, you are a very good poster and I like reading your stuff.  Why are we arguing over Rinaldo when we could be debating Raffi Torres.  My vacation/s always involve the Bruins.  I enjoy reading good hockey debates.  I don't think that changes over a Rinaldo thread.  You can have the last word if you like.  Santa is coming....lets fight after the holidays.

'Now, you said "YOU" don't mind the stuff players like Cooke and Marchment do.'

Yep, last word. This is getting a little annoying shupe. Think what you want and if it offends you........... who cares anymore ? I've explained what it meant and if you're too stubborn to recognize it, so be it. Pout away !

Happy Holidays !