Lucic Postgame interview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Lucic Postgame interview

http://www.csnne.com/sportsnetNewEngland/search/v/76514880/lucic-sense-of-desperation-came-into-play.htm

Watching this interview last night, I felt that there was a little frustration vented by Lucic.  There are guys that Looch is asked about and he's like yeah that's great they did play, they were dressed, whatever.  I was surprised to hear this.  I was shocked when he was asked about Chris Kelly, and he points out that Kelly hasn't scored since April 22nd (in reality Kelly last scored on April 17th).  Do you think that the top line guys on our team have felt abandoned by guys like Kelly and Peverley?  Do you think it was just the fact that Lucic has a very good memory?  He pointed out another player's contributions in game 3 against the Rangers?  Is there just nothing to see here?  I feel like maybe the coaches had been harping on the bottom 6 for contributions and maybe had pointed out some specific failures.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Lucic Postgame interview

I'm sure it's frustrating for the top line guys (top line has now returned to KHL, right?) that they have been carrying this team throughout the playoffs.  Bergeron and Marchand have gotten into the mix now, but the rest of the fowards haven't really done much at all when it comes to scoring.  Hell, after the top 5 forwards, it's Chara, then Paille and then "Three Games Less" Campbell.

It has to be difficult, but I'm sure there isn't any true resentment.  My guess is the feelings are more "Man, it sure would be nice if you guys could help us out a bit more.  I mean, we got it, but if it were just a bit easier, that would be great" instead of, "Christ you guys are killing me.  Get on the frigggin' scoreboard, will ya?  I'm so sick of having to do all of this by myself."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Haggs mentioned theres an locker room thing about Looch quoting stats lately.  Thats probably all it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If a millionaire argues with another millionaire on how his/her contributions to the good of the organization, I simply think the compensation is worth the comment and commmitment to the betterment of the organization.  Hurt feelings or competition, most would think if you speak up about someone's poor effort, then you should be able to lift up your effort in response.  Millionaires should be able to handle the negatives for the TEAM in other words.   

Don't judge me monkey!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We all work with slackers and I have no problem with someone calling them out.  It's time for everyone to step it up and what I interpret is Lucic taking a leadership role.

Good for Him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lucic should call it his teammates, I'm fine with it. We as fans also should be calling out guys who aren't pulling their weight, and the coaches also must recognize that as well. This isn't about feelings, this is about winning the Cup. And that's the goal here, any other idea about being a "good teammate" or being respectful, or politically correct is for losers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'm sure it's frustrating for the top line guys (top line has now returned to KHL, right?) that they have been carrying this team throughout the playoffs.  Bergeron and Marchand have gotten into the mix now, but the rest of the fowards haven't really done much at all when it comes to scoring.  Hell, after the top 5 forwards, it's Chara, then Paille and then "Three Games Less" Campbell.

It has to be difficult, but I'm sure there isn't any true resentment.  My guess is the feelings are more "Man, it sure would be nice if you guys could help us out a bit more.  I mean, we got it, but if it were just a bit easier, that would be great" instead of, "Christ you guys are killing me.  Get on the frigggin' scoreboard, will ya?  I'm so sick of having to do all of this by myself."

This is what many say about the PP!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Don't read too much into it. Lucic was simply stating a fact. I've no doubt that Kelly probably talked more about his drought than anyone in the room. The boys might even playfully kid around about it with him but they're still a tight knit unit that are pulling for him to succeed. Also, Lucic was very quick to point out that Kelly was still doing all of the little things to help the team win.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He didn't say anything out of bounds just facts. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, that wasn't what I expected.  The interview opens with him saying how huge that line was once it was put together, then Fat praises the line again when he's talking about Paille as the unsung hero.  By the time he's prompted to speak on Kelly specifically, he's already getting tired of playing softball - see the question on Horton being in the lineup.  And his specific comment about the monkey, well, wasn't it around April 22nd that Fat had a monkey on his back so big he had to sit in the press box? 

It's nothing. No drama.

Are you not entertained?!?!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Lucic should call it his teammates, I'm fine with it. We as fans also should be calling out guys who aren't pulling their weight, and the coaches also must recognize that as well. This isn't about feelings, this is about winning the Cup. And that's the goal here, any other idea about being a "good teammate" or being respectful, or politically correct is for losers.

I didn't interpret the interview that way at all.  And yes, it "is" about feelings.  Chemistry is another word for "feelings", and it has a huge impact on the overall health of a team.  Anyone whose played sports at a high level, and has a clue, understands that everyone goes through slumps, and they're rarely caused by not "pulling their weight".  If they are...it's NOT the job of the players to point that out, it's the job of a half dozen coaches every team employs these days.

Calling out teamates is a cancer to success.  It creates cliques, jealousy, pettiness, denial, loss of focus, and a dozen or so other terminal conditions.

Most teams have 1 or 2 players that have the background and respect to call others out.  They usually don't though.  Instead, they're encouraging and supportive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think the JT Superstar era of Bruin hockey illustrates your point, steve. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Lucic's team-mates playfully call him 'Bob McKenzie'. He can, apparently, cite and present stats past and present like....well....Bob McKenzie.

Lucic has emerged as a real leader in words and deeds. His Interviews are thoughtful, respectful and most importantly, reassuring. (Ference and Rask are also very good in this regard).

Lucic and the rest of the Bruins look and sound, every inch, like a team that has 'been there' before. It projects, on and off the ice, as smart, patient, cool - like, they got this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Luckily we have a TEAM that obviously gets along famously, I saw the interview and came away with no feelings of there being a problem, quite the opposite. Lucic is a great interview, I agree with Gord's assessment. Steve's too great points.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This is the one area where I'll be sad to see Ference go.  I think he's gone from being a source of friction after the last lockout (if the media hype was true) to, in the course of the team turning over, one of the glue guys who sets that one-for-all attitude of a winner.  Recchi, Ference, Thornton were all brought in with winning pedigrees for what they could do to set the tone and establish the winning culture.  I think it's fully established now, but Ference is the last of three to have any kind of on ice role as well as that clubhouse bellweather role.

Sections
Shortcuts