Lucic will be suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Lucic will be suspended

Anytime a player's facing the boards, the spotlight's on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thanks Shupe therefore Lucic neither will get suspended. Phaneuf only saw numbers and pasted the guy from behind.
    Hot from the Bruins blog:

“I felt like I made every effort to take him out laterally,” Lucic said. “I looked at the video and slow-mo’ed it and looked at the point of contact. There was no numbers. It was all shoulders. You could see his body rotating because I took him from the right side.”

Lucic could be subject to supplemental discipline because of the hit.

“If I directly hit him from behind, hit him in the numbers, and buried him, I’d be the first one to say I should get a call and expect some repercussions,” Lucic said.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic will be suspended:
    [QUOTE]Phanuef didnt get suspended if thats the standard.  I havent even seen Lucic play yet.  he's a good hockey player but has a 2 cent brain.  Its gonna catch up with him.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

The Phanuef hit was much worse and resulted in an injury.  The only reason they would suspend Lucic was to make up for not suspending him after he hit Miller.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

http://www.nesn.com/2011/12/milan-lucic-says-hit-on-zac-rinaldo-was-on-shoulder-happy-nobody-was-hurt.html

Guilty, suspension is a definite imo.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I haven't seen Lucic's hit.  I will hold judgement until I see it. 
    I'm really really tired of players turning into the boards.  No one was ever taught that growing up.  Why play with a loaded gun.  Nothing good can come from it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I hope he gets a game, just so I don't have to hear the lament of how the league favors the Bruins.
    If they gave Chara one game on the Patches hit (even if it was unfair) it would be worth it, just to not hear the incesant whining one year later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Here is a clip, includes the Horton/Rinaldo fight.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/107967

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I saw the hit and I've now seen it at a few different angles. I'm with Milan on this one. Did he cream the guy with a good check? Absolutely. Was it a malicious hit? Not even close. You look at the type of open-ice, disturbing hits that got guys like Savard, Crosby, Horton, etc, and then you look at some of the hits against the boards, and it's not even close. Yes, there are times where a player is vulnerable to injury and there's a place for giving out punishment to deserving offenders, guys who x-checked with no regard for someone's health or someone just destroying some star player with a blindside hit to the boards, but come on that one? Are you kidding me...It was a chippy game, and the referees went overboard in calling that on Milan. Terrible call. At worst, give him a 2-minute minor I guess for boarding. or 4-minutes...5 min, game misconduct??? PATHETIC.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This is what I hate about discipline moves by the league. Guys like Cooke get to play scott-free despite malicious, disgusting open-ice hits that because the league took little or no action, they no longer have to face a penalty for past disgressions. Instead, let's suspend guys for love-taps..Seriously, this is getting out of hand. It's a physical game, and you eliminate the head shots, but the square the body against the boards...that better be someone getting hurt to call it a suspension, a game misconduct. The check Milan threw was not even among his 100 hardest checks he's thrown since he came into the league.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Here's the thing... the penalty is supposed to act as a deterant so people don't do it at all, and then no one gets their career ended. Therefore, you can't just punish career-ending hits... you punish all of them, regardless of the result. He's guilty of the action, not the result.
    It wasn't as bad as some other hits from behind, but still was one... I'd like to see 2 games. I think he'll get 1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to Lucic will be suspended:
    [QUOTE]How many games?  I say 2, one for the hit and 1 to appease the crybabies.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

00000000000000000000000000000000000  No way!!! none!!! The contact was shoulder to shoulder!!!!!!!!!!! The five minute major was all wrong!!! The NHL AND THE NFL DON'T LET THE BOYS BE BOYS ANYMORE!!!!!!! If there is a suspension it will be a gift to the antiBRUINS people all ovah the NHL CRYING THE BRUINS GET AWAY WITH EVERYTHING!!!  LINDY YOUR TEAM USKS AND SO DO YOU!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toyopet. Show toyopet's posts

Nothing for Lucic & charge Rinaldo $10,000.00 for embellishment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

How about this? No suspension for Lucic, and next time we play the Philly Bi.tches, Looch beats the living sh#t out of Rinaldobitch. Works for me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

[QUOTE]Nothing for Lucic & charge Rinaldo $10,000.00 for embellishment.
    Posted by toyopet[/QUOTE]

Embellishment!!!   What else would you expect from a guy with the last name... Rinaldo???   Hahahahaha

Soccer is the ultimate diving game, unless you play hockey for the Montreal Canadiens, then I call it a draw.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

If there is a suspension for this.... we may as well call in the girls and get a field hockey league going.

Wake up Bettman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Question:  Bye the way, why did Rinaldo go after Horton?

Answer:  Had he gone with Lucic his mother may not have recognized him       anymore.

Rinaldo's mother raised a smart boy; but not that smart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Whatever happens here, I hope Shanahan stick to his convictions and judges what he sees, not what will grease the squeaky wheels.  Given the recent incidents - Lucic on Miller, Marchand's slew foot fine, McQuaid's kneeing fine - in a relatively short period of time, I worry that there will be a big course correction coming - like 8 games for Lucic for that hit.  Sort of a "fool me five times, shame on...".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever happens here, I hope Shanahan stick to his convictions and judges what he sees, not what will grease the squeaky wheels.  Given the recent incidents - Lucic on Miller, Marchand's slew foot fine, McQuaid's kneeing fine - in a relatively short period of time, I worry that there will be a big course correction coming - like 8 games for Lucic for that hit.  Sort of a "fool me five times, shame on...".
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

8 games ? 

Phaneuf got nothing for a much worse hit, he even played tonight therefore this indicates Lucic also will not get anything.
    Will it be like in a game when you jut got 4 pp and the opposing team none so a ref whistles a makeup call ?
    Let's wait and see.

BTW has anyone seen the blindside hit by Cole ? Now that is a suspension !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

If anything, he might get one game to help keep the smurfs safe, Monday night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Does anybody know when the hearing for the puck that hit Courturier in the head is? I expect at least one game, maybe two. Seriously these might be some of the stupidest comments ever. Why does Lucic deserve a suspension for that hit? I didn't even think it was a minor, but okay I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions...even stupid ones. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Does anybody know when the hearing for the puck that hit Courturier in the head is? I expect at least one game, maybe two. Seriously these might be some of the stupidest comments ever. Why does Lucic deserve a suspension for that hit? I didn't even think it was a minor, but okay I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions...even stupid ones. 
    Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

This is why this decision will be very interesting. Does not deserve a suspension but let's see how they handle it.

on that note it's funny how Pronger, Michalek, Crosby, Giroux and Couturier all accidental concussions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I don't believe Lucic's claim that he feels he hit Rinaldo in the shoulder, just as I don't believe his claim that he couldn't avoid Miller.

Hits from behind are dangerous (and cowardly).  They can cause paralysis.

Blind side hits to the head are dangerous.  They can cause severe concussions.

Do we really need these hits in the game?  I say no.

There are plenty of opportunities in a game to deliver solid, clean body checks.  Those are the hits I like to see.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]I don't believe Lucic's claim that he feels he hit Rinaldo in the shoulder, just as I don't believe his claim that he couldn't avoid Miller. Hits from behind are dangerous (and cowardly).  They can cause paralysis. Blind side hits to the head are dangerous.  They can cause severe concussions. Do we really need these hits in the game?  I say no. There are plenty of opportunities in a game to deliver solid, clean body checks.  Those are the hits I like to see.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't read too much into player's claims around their intentions on a controversial play.  Safe to say that all guys facing potential supplemental discipline will kick into self-preservation mode, probably not unique to Lucic. 

25. This post has been removed.