Lucic will be suspended

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Lucic will be suspended

In Response to Re: Lucic will be suspended:
    [QUOTE]I don't believe Lucic's claim that he feels he hit Rinaldo in the shoulder, just as I don't believe his claim that he couldn't avoid Miller. Hits from behind are dangerous (and cowardly).  They can cause paralysis. Blind side hits to the head are dangerous.  They can cause severe concussions. Do we really need these hits in the game?  I say no. There are plenty of opportunities in a game to deliver solid, clean body checks.  Those are the hits I like to see.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Why bring in blindside hits to the head?  You're not suggesting the Miller collision was one? 

I can see why you might not believe Lucic's story, but it's a loooong way from thinking he could have avoided Miller or could have hit Rinaldo differently to he took a malicious shot at both guys.  Lucic could have avoided Miller, but I think he'd have had to go into the play with a different thought process - one where avoiding the collision is as or more important than winning the race for the puck.  Everyone who doesn't believe him talks about it being physically possible for him to avoid Miller.  No one talks about his brain moving fast enough from breakaway mode to assessing where Miller's moving to, to avoiding him.  That's the part he wasn't able to manage.

Cowardly to hit a guy square in the numbers, sure, but again, like the elbow that supposedly fired up Crosby's PCS, guys are moving quickly.  You aim for the lateral hit, the shoulder, and sometimes you're going to miss.  Think about the number of clipping penalties in the NFL where a guy tries to get a lateral block but mistimes it just enough for the play to be illegal.  In Lucic's case, if it results in a boarding call and a hit straight to the back, well, discipline is what it is.  In this case, though, it will come down to things you can see on the tape.  Did he hit him on the shoulder or between the numbers?  No story about intent necessary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i can't believe the majority of posters are calling for a suspension.  it should have been a 2 min. boarding call.  there is no way shanahan suspends him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just to be clear on my earlier post(s), I'm not calling for a suspension.  I'm concerned that when the Bruins do do something genuinely worthy of a suspension, they'll get the book thrown at them. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic will be suspended : Why bring in blindside hits to the head?  You're not suggesting the Miller collision was one?  I can see why you might not believe Lucic's story, but it's a loooong way from thinking he could have avoided Miller or could have hit Rinaldo differently to he took a malicious shot at both guys.  Lucic could have avoided Miller, but I think he'd have had to go into the play with a different thought process - one where avoiding the collision is as or more important than winning the race for the puck.  Everyone who doesn't believe him talks about it being physically possible for him to avoid Miller.  No one talks about his brain moving fast enough from breakaway mode to assessing where Miller's moving to, to avoiding him.  That's the part he wasn't able to manage. Cowardly to hit a guy square in the numbers, sure, but again, like the elbow that supposedly fired up Crosby's PCS, guys are moving quickly.  You aim for the lateral hit, the shoulder, and sometimes you're going to miss.  Think about the number of clipping penalties in the NFL where a guy tries to get a lateral block but mistimes it just enough for the play to be illegal.  In Lucic's case, if it results in a boarding call and a hit straight to the back, well, discipline is what it is.  In this case, though, it will come down to things you can see on the tape.  Did he hit him on the shoulder or between the numbers?  No story about intent necessary.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I'm not suggesting the Miller hit was blindsided, I'm just drawing a parallel between the two types of hits that I feel don't belong in the game.  I actually liked the Miller hit and stated so at the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Just to be clear on my earlier post(s), I'm not calling for a suspension.  I'm concerned that when the Bruins do do something genuinely worthy of a suspension, they'll get the book thrown at them. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

i don't think shanahan will be influenced by hab-leaf-canuckleheads who think the b's are getting preferential treatment by the league.  he would have suspended mcquaid if that was the case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

looch did hit him in the numbers against the boards. It was probably retaliation for Rinaldo hitting from behind around the goal after the play had been blown dead and everyone was standing relaxed. Rinaldo is more of a dirty player than Marchand and his slew foot. Still, Looc h is wrong, and will pay the price. Fortunately the bruins can fill -in with Caron

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]looch did hit him in the numbers against the boards. It was probably retaliation for Rinaldo hitting from behind around the goal after the play had been blown dead and everyone was standing relaxed. Rinaldo is more of a dirty player than Marchand and his slew foot. Still, Looc h is wrong, and will pay the price. Fortunately the bruins can fill -in with Caron
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

No, Lucic didn't hit him in the numbers.

At speed it looks that way, but check it out in slow mo and you'll see it is shoulder to shoulder contact.

Boarding yes.

And against Lucic you might argue that the intent was there, but that would be pure speculation.

I think the max he gets is a fine, no suspension.

And there is zero comparison to the Phanuef hit on Kassian, who had a lot of time staring at the numbers on the back of the jersey, it wasn't a quick play, plus he crossed checked him, plus he boarded him and clearly blind side.  It's not even close.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Overreaction by the refs, plain and simple.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]looch did hit him in the numbers against the boards. It was probably retaliation for Rinaldo hitting from behind around the goal after the play had been blown dead and everyone was standing relaxed. Rinaldo is more of a dirty player than Marchand and his slew foot. Still, Looc h is wrong, and will pay the price. Fortunately the bruins can fill -in with Caron
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Caron cannot fill in for Lucic.  Even if one day in career he scores 30 like Lucic last season he cannot fill in the package Looch brings.
    Caron one day will be a pretty good winger, maybe a top6 at times but right now he is not.

Books ,  it's obvious Lucic does not deserve a suspension when comparing Phaneuf's non-suspension on a boarding so why would the league send Lucic (or a Bruin) multiple games in these situations ?

Does it go back to what I was saying it's like a ref evening PP chances in a game ?
    I hope not because that'll taint Shannahans creditability.

Any news on Lucic ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

A suspension? For a Bruin?

Are you kidding me?

Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]A suspension? For a Bruin? Are you kidding me?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

nice try LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

You're all talking about this in anticipation of the decision from the hearing, but......have they even announced a hearing for this?

It may never even come to THAT, let alone a fine or suspesnion

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]You're all talking about this in anticipation of the decision from the hearing, but......have they even announced a hearing for this? It may never even come to THAT, let alone a fine or suspesnion
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Swere, it was a game misconduct. That's an automatic league review.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic will be suspended : Swere, it was a game misconduct. That's an automatic league review.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Oh..........shut up

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic will be suspended : Oh..........shut up
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic will be suspended : ?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

It was a joke.  Like a kid who has no response and says.....well, uhh,  jus..just shut up

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Monday morning phone call.  Not exactly a lot of time to make a roster decision, should he be suspended.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]A suspension? For a Bruin? Are you kidding me?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Always great to have a rep from the Vancouver lunatic fringe to always pipe in.

Interesting that there's lifers here from Montreal and Vancouver that can't get on with their lives.

I can't imagine having so little to do where I'd be visiting other teams' sites for that purpose... forever.  What exactly is the unemployment rate in Montreal and Vancouver?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Once again North, after being objective for a moment (recent posts) you get lost again in the egoism.  Most think the Lucic hit as defined is a suspension.  It has nothing to do with your Vancouver azz.  Objective thinking!  Now did Rinaldo turn at the last minute?, yup.  Shannahan will now have to deal with the ramifications of calling more as opposed to Colin Campbell, embellishment will "run amok".  Any person could figure this would be the next course of logic as a disciplinarian, players turning into the action then doing an embellishment for more penalty minutes.  Lucic deserves a suspension, YET, I will wait to see if truly Shannahan can handle the discipline of penaltizing or fining for embellishment. All said and done, Vancourver bites without ASCPA notification! You are a lonely troll on a Boston site.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Once again North, after being objective for a moment (recent posts) you get lost again in the egoism.  Most think the Lucic hit as defined is a suspension.  It has nothing to do with your Vancouver azz.  Objective thinking!  Now did Rinaldo turn at the last minute?, yup.  Shannahan will now have to deal with the ramifications of calling more as opposed to Colin Campbell, embellishment will "run amok".  Any person could figure this would be the next course of logic as a disciplinarian, players turning into the action then doing an embellishment for more penalty minutes.  Lucic deserves a suspension, YET, I will wait to see if truly Shannahan can handle the discipline of penaltizing or fining for embellishment. All said and done, Vancourver bites without ASCPA notification! You are a lonely troll on a Boston site.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Isla 49-North is jiving.  Notice the wink.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It was a joke folks - hence the wink.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think he'll get a game or two, I don't agree with it but he's had the Miller incident this year and now this. Shanahan will cave to the public opinion police and hand him a suspension.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

and when he does something that truly warrants a suspension, they'll say he is a repeat offender... If he isn't already...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I'm glad that some people have a sense of humour.

Sections
Shortcuts