Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday

Barring an absurd contract hold out, Milan Lucic will remain in Boston until he is well into his 30's. 

He can score 30+ goals. 

He intimidates most other players. 

Many players consider him to be the toughest in the league (http://www.playerspoll.ca/results/20112012-results/skills/who-is-the-toughest-player).

The fans love him.

His teammates love him.

Management loves him.

He is a prime reason the place is filled every game night.

Unless Pittsburgh wants to trade Crosby, Milan Lucic will remain a Boston Bruin.  I know we are facing 1,001 trade speculation threads, but for all things serious, let's leave Lucic out of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.  He isn't going anywhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday

Yup, Lucic has been solid during the regular season.  He is keyed on by other teams during the playoffs, although I am disappointed in his playoff performances, I truly believe he needs a guy like "Horton" to play to the fanbase expectations.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I am with you on this one NAS.  I think Lucic is a special player and his skill combination  (score/hit/fight) is unique and hard to find in the league.  Every team in the league would want to talk to the Bruins if PC were foolish enough to dangle him.  Lucic stays.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Agreed. He's going to be a 25-30 goal scorer for years to come. Looking forward to the day where he is creating space for Seguin....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday:
    [QUOTE]Yup, Lucic has been solid during the regular season.  He is keyed on by other teams during the playoffs, although I am disappointed in his playoff performances, I truly believe he needs a guy like "Horton" to play to the fanbase expectations.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I love how people are jumping all over Lucic for his playoff performance this year.  There are things he can do alone and there are things he needs his linemates help to accomplish.

Alone, Lucic can check people.  He certainly did that.  I didn't see him pass up one opportunity.  I can't count the amount of times I saw two strides and bang against the left wing boards after the puck had been passed. 

Alone, Lucic can carry the puck.  There were countless times when he was bring the puck into the zone by himself.  He didn't take the easy route with a quick dump.  He carried it across the blue line and often times down the wall.

Alone, Lucic can play defense.  He covered his spots.  He back checked.  Never did I replay a goal and think, "Oh, 17 blew the coverage on that one."

With teammates, he can score.  He is not Kessel, Seguin, Semin, or any of the other super snipers.  He needs to have the play set up and the pass, or he needs time to get to the net.  Krejci was a ghost this post season.  Peverley is NOT a first line player.  What's he supposed to do?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I agree with most of that, NAS.
    I think he caught a lot of flack on his stat line in the Caps series (and rightfully so), but I never saw a lack of effort. He was hitting everything in sight, and I thought he actually played pretty well in the corners. However, his net front presence wasn't his best, but you also have to give credit to Holtby for kicking the rebound PAST the traffic a lot of times.

I thought his passing was pretty good, but he wasn't getting enough shots. He had 12 shots in the series; not enough for the B's leading goal scorer over the past two seasons.

The thing about Looch is that while he does have the ability to contribute a lot to the stat sheet, he often flies under the radar by simply putting a hurting on the opposing defense and is a hell of a forechecker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I have no idea why his name would even be involved into the discussion of possible trades.  He struggled vs the Caps but he wasn't the only one.  To me this guy embodies everything I want a Boston Bruin to be.  He's big.  He's tough.  He fights.  He can score.  His name is on the Stanley Cup.  There's a good chance it might be there again - as a Bruin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

True he didn't stand out offensively in the recent playoffs but neither did 3/4 of the team.  Lucic might have been the only player hitting from the top 9 guys.
    I'm not from New England and let me tell you on the outside there are fanbases from other teams wishing their team can get a guy like Lucic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : I love how people are jumping all over Lucic for his playoff performance this year.  There are things he can do alone and there are things he needs his linemates help to accomplish. Alone, Lucic can check people.  He certainly did that.  I didn't see him pass up one opportunity.  I can't count the amount of times I saw two strides and bang against the left wing boards after the puck had been passed.  Alone, Lucic can carry the puck.  There were countless times when he was bring the puck into the zone by himself.  He didn't take the easy route with a quick dump.  He carried it across the blue line and often times down the wall. Alone, Lucic can play defense.  He covered his spots.  He back checked.  Never did I replay a goal and think, "Oh, 17 blew the coverage on that one." With teammates, he can score.  He is not Kessel, Seguin, Semin, or any of the other super snipers.  He needs to have the play set up and the pass, or he needs time to get to the net.  Krejci was a ghost this post season.  Peverley is NOT a first line player.  What's he supposed to do?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Nice carry in on 2 big goals, Seidenberg and Seguin's OT goal.
    You would have to replay some of defensive zone errors that the Bruins got scored against.  The Caps 1st goal in game 7 kind of originates on a Lucic mis-play and turnover. In the end it was a tip and not directly from the Lucic turnover  although we can still give him part of the blame.
    I'm just nitpicking because i's not on that play that'll determine if Lucic is a keeper or not, so many players made, make mistakes that cause or miss goals. 

Mistakes happen, even by the refs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Although he backchecks and does all of the above, Lucic is one of the worst forwards (if not the worst) with decision making and getting the puck out in the defensive zone.  

However, the other stuff he brings to the table is too valuable for the B's to part ways with him.  If anything, we need another Top 6 forward who possesses the grit/skill combo that he and Horton bring to the table.  When PC talks depth, I hope he is considering legit back-up in grit/skill if either Horton or Lucic go down.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I was going to mention the turnover that lead to the first Caps goal, but those plays happen too many times a game to point the finger at him. Yeah, he was probably mostly to blame for that one, but tons of other guys get away with similar plays throughout each game.

Even though I think Thomas kinda came outta the net for no reason...(that shot was going wide by 3 feet)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

But luc....you'd have to give that honor to Thorny. God awful.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

I would rather see a more skilled player on the first line. Lucic on the second line.  A 40+goal scorer with puck handling skills, I don't consider Krejci A first line center either. At least not on a tream that wants the cup.

Yeah I know they did it last year . With a lot of players playing over their head, especially TT. Don't expect that to ever happen again

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I would rather see a more skilled player on the first line. Lucic on the second line.  A 40+goal scorer with puck handling skills, I don't consider Krejci A first line center either. At least not on a tream that wants the cup. Yeah I know they did it last year . With a lot of players playing over their head, especially TT. Don't expect that to ever happen again
    Posted by skater68[/QUOTE]

Lucic is a first line winger on almost every team in the NHL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : Lucic is a first line winger on almost every team in the NHL.

^^^^^Has a chub.

A 40 goal scorer though? That's just silly. Pretty sure the league had like 3 or 4- 40 goal scorers this year. It seems as though you think they're easy to come by.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : ^^^^^Has a chub. A 40 goal scorer though? That's just silly. Pretty sure the league had like 3 or 4- 40 goal scorers this year. It seems as though you think they're easy to come by.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

Where did I say anything about 40 goals?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

That was my bad....that was in reply to skater. As much as I disagree with you on a lot of stuff, I understand you're not a looney.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]I would rather see a more skilled player on the first line. Lucic on the second line.  A 40+goal scorer with puck handling skills, I don't consider Krejci A first line center either. At least not on a tream that wants the cup. Yeah I know they did it last year . With a lot of players playing over their head, especially TT. Don't expect that to ever happen again

And I want a talking monkey.  Answer these questions - no, wait, better yet, try to answer these questions without looking up the answers - then tell me that what you're saying is based in reality.

How many players scored 40+ goals this year?
    How many of them were LWs?
    How many of LWs had over 200 hits?
    How many had 200 hits and over 25 goals?

Lucic played with Krejci for most of the year.  Krejci had a sleepy season even though he matched last year's point totals and set a career high for goals.  The few games Lucic rode with Seguin - at the beginning of the hot streak - he was a singificantly more dynamic force.  You think Lucic as a first line LW is a problem, you need to look again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

sheesh... you may as well wish for a pony while you're at it. There was only one of those on the left wing in the entire legue last year.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Since red spoiled the challenge - there were two LWs with over 25 goals and over 200 hits.  One of them has a cap hit of $9.538 Million.  The other is Lucic.

Did Lucic dominate vs. Washington?  No.  But he still tied for third on the team in points and was a +2 - which is hard to do when you're only on for 3 goals for.  He doesn't kill penalites, and pp goals burned the Bruins more than 5 on 5 goals off of turnovers (OT in game 7 excluded of course).  He generated more good chances than most of his teammates; he force Holtby to make more good saves, and he made a pretty slick pass to Seguin on the game 6 winner.

Does he get into situations where he turns the puck over more than he should?  Yup.  But if that's your hobby-horse, you're missing a lot of what he does to off-set those gaffes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Looch, if he plays to his current level or above, is not likely to go anywhere. Not many players have the set of skills he has, as noted above nicely by Book.

I know some ppl are disappointed in his production in the playoffs but when your teams score so few goals as a group, nobody's numbers look great. Rather than blame Lucic, I credit washington. The stats weren't good but my eyes told me that Lucic played pretty dang well.

Lucic is a 1st line LW on this team and nearly any team in the NHL. I would love it if we had another LW who was elite enough to push Lucic down to the second line. Now, where is that parise thread???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Where are all his playoff stats? Oh that's right they aren't many...... I think he disappears in the playoffs. That being said I know he wasn't healthy for a lot of the games he's played but this guy needs to produce more than hits.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]With teammates, he can score.  He is not Kessel, Seguin, Semin, or any of the other super snipers.  He needs to have the play set up and the pass, or he needs time to get to the net.  Krejci was a ghost this post season.  Peverley is NOT a first line player.  What's he supposed to do?

(starting a slow clap). THANK YOU!! Lucic was not the issue...there were so many times it looked like he was out there by himself. We'll all be quite content when Lucic-Seguin-Horton get some playing time together. Let first line players be first line players. Krejci will do just fine centering the third line like he should.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts