Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday

In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : You are in la la land.. He looked like he was by himself because he wasnt around the play.. he was horrible.. I could put together a ten minute video highlight reel of just his turnovers, alot of which came on the PP, and the most glaring one as he over skated the puck with no one near him in his own end to produce a goal seconds later..  Lucic is big yeah, when he moves his legs in a straight line he is like a train, but other than that he disappears  in big games, takes dumb penalties, and turns the puck over way too much. on another note.. Horton Seguin and Lucic?  .. Horton unfortunately is a mere shadow of his former self... two major concussions in less than a year is not good. I will be surprised if he makes a full return.. 
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]
    How about just starting your posts by saying "I don't really know hockey but...". When were all of these turnovers Lucic made? Lucic was tied for 87th in giveaways in the playoffs, behind such players as Crosby, Green, Semin, Kovalchuk,Dustin Brown, Sedin, Ovechkin, Callahan........obviously this list can go on for alot longer but who's got the time? Just so you know, Lucic was 7th on the Bruins in giveaways. That's basically 30% of the team that turned it over more than Lucic did but please do put up this 10 minute video of his 3 turnovers in 7 games. I'm interested in seeing how you edit 3 turnovers into a 10 minute video. You must be the Scorcese of turnover highlight packs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : How about just starting your posts by saying "I don't really know hockey but...". When were all of these turnovers Lucic made? Lucic was tied for 87th in giveaways in the playoffs, behind such players as Crosby, Green, Semin, Kovalchuk,Dustin Brown, Sedin, Ovechkin, Callahan........obviously this list can go on for alot longer but who's got the time? Just so you know, Lucic was 7th on the Bruins in giveaways. That's basically 30% of the team that turned it over more than Lucic did but please do put up this 10 minute video of his 3 turnovers in 7 games. I'm interested in seeing how you edit 3 turnovers into a 10 minute video. You must be the Scorcese of turnover highlight packs.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Classic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : How about just starting your posts by saying "I don't really know hockey but...". When were all of these turnovers Lucic made? Lucic was tied for 87th in giveaways in the playoffs, behind such players as Crosby, Green, Semin, Kovalchuk,Dustin Brown, Sedin, Ovechkin, Callahan........obviously this list can go on for alot longer but who's got the time? Just so you know, Lucic was 7th on the Bruins in giveaways. That's basically 30% of the team that turned it over more than Lucic did but please do put up this 10 minute video of his 3 turnovers in 7 games. I'm interested in seeing how you edit 3 turnovers into a 10 minute video. You must be the Scorcese of turnover highlight packs.

dez - Brilliant response.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : dez - Brilliant response.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I just get tired of hearing him called a turnover machine when the reality is that he's average in that category at best/worst. DK and Seidenberg actually led the team in turnovers. Seidenberg was 1 of the Bruins best players in the series too so the stat has to be taken with a grain of salt. For instance, Gretzky always turned the puck over alot. It's because he had it so much and because he was always trying to make things happen instead of simply making the safe play. The turnover that everyone is ripping Lucic over was simply a tough bounce as he missed the puck while trying to create offense. Lost in all of the screaming is the fact he made the exact same play off the boards twice later in the game. The 1st time led to a great chance for Seguin and the 2nd led to Tyler's goal. Ovechkin was the only forward in the series to outhit Lucic (31-30) and he also doubled him in giveaways(6-3). One of the players is lauded as 1 of the game's best whereas the other is being ripped on here as not being a 1st line talent.....it's sickening sometimes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : I just get tired of hearing him called a turnover machine when the reality is that he's average in that category at best/worst. DK and Seidneberg actually led the team in turnovers. Seidenberg was 1 of the Bruins best players in the series too so the stat has to be taken with a grain of salt. For instance, Gretzky always turned the puck over alot. It's because he had it so much and because he was always trying to make hings happen instead of simply making the safe play. The turnover that everyone is ripping Lucic over was simply a tough bounce as he missed the puck while trying to create offense. Lost in all of the screaming is the fact he made the exact same play off the boards twice later in the game. The 1st time led to a great chance for Seguin and the 2nd led to Tyler's goal. Ovechkin was the only forward in the series to outhit Lucic (31-30) and he also doubled him in giveaways(6-3). One of them is lauded as 1 of the game's best players whereas the other is being ripped on here as not being a 1st line talent.....it's sickening sometimes.

All true.  There aren't many complaints when he scores goals or pounds someone out. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : All true.  There aren't many complaints when he scores goals or pounds someone out. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    By no means did he have what I'd call a good series but I'm having real trouble coming up with any Bruin that did. Kelly was the closest I guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : By no means did he have what I'd call a good series but I'm having real trouble coming up with any Bruin that did. Kelly was the closest I guess.
    As had been mentioned elsewhere,i thought Seidenberg brought his A game and at times Kelly but not anyone that really stood out.Seguin in the latter part of the series.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's the difference between people who watch hockey and people who watch the puck.  I never saw Lucic peel off any check.  I didn't see him taking any shifts off.  I didn't see him playing differently.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]It's the difference between people who watch hockey and people who watch the puck.  I never saw Lucic peel off any check.  I didn't see him taking any shifts off.  I didn't see him playing differently.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

It will always amaze me how a player, in this case Lucic can go from the darlings to the dogs in no time flat in the eyes of some. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Turnovers by themselves are not great stats....where the turnovers occur is.  Gretzgy turning the puck over in low risk areas such as behind the other team's net is much different than a turnover in your own zone.  I posted earlier this year re: Lucic where he made 3 turnovers in one game (in 2 periods of play) all in his own zone.  I am a huge Lucic fan and DO NOT think the B's fans should be getting on him or looking for him to be traded; however, he does need to develop his game a bit more in his own zone.  PS...faceoffs are also a useless stat unless you consider where they occur.  I also watch hockey, play hockey, watch the puck, and occasionally look in the crowd to see who's watching. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Turnovers by themselves are not great stats....where the turnovers occur is.  Gretzgy turning the puck over in low risk areas such as behind the other team's net is much different than a turnover in your own zone.  I posted earlier this year re: Lucic where he made 3 turnovers in one game (in 2 periods of play) all in his own zone.  I am a huge Lucic fan and DO NOT think the B's fans should be getting on him or looking for him to be traded; however, he does need to develop his game a bit more in his own zone.  PS...faceoffs are also a useless stat unless you consider where they occur.  I also watch hockey, play hockey, watch the puck, and occasionally look in the crowd to see who's watching. 
    Posted by lucdufour[/QUOTE]
    I don't think anyone is trying to infer that Lucic is perfect. I definitely wasn't saying Gretzky was a liability in any way. I'm saying you can find "flaws" in any players game depending on which stats you decide to rely upon. The top 20 players in giveaways this year is a star-studded list. In closing, as a hockey guy I'm sure you'd agree the worst place to turn the puck over is at either blue line. Both scenarios will lead to too many of your teammates going in the wrong direction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

[QUOTE]  In closing, as a hockey guy I'm sure you'd agree the worst place to turn the puck over is at either blue line. Both scenarios will lead to too many of your teammates going in the wrong direction.

Totally agree.   That's why I'm not a fan of the turnover stat.  Smart hockey players usually take calculated risks.  Reckless players do not.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday:
    [QUOTE]Barring an absurd contract hold out, Milan Lucic will remain in Boston until he is well into his 30's.  He can score 30+ goals.  He intimidates most other players.  Many players consider him to be the toughest in the league ( http://www.playerspoll.ca/results/20112012-results/skills/who-is-the-toughest-player). The fans love him. His teammates love him. Management loves him. He is a prime reason the place is filled every game night. Unless Pittsburgh wants to trade Crosby, Milan Lucic will remain a Boston Bruin.  I know we are facing 1,001 trade speculation threads, but for all things serious, let's leave Lucic out of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.  He isn't going anywhere.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. My only issue with Lucic is that sometimes he looks like he's trying to be something he's not. I think management should  let him be the beast that he is. Improving on his skills and skating is a good thing, but let's not make try and make a blunt force instrument into someone who starts trying to use speed and skating to carry the puck up and down the wing, which I saw too much of at the end of the season. Just wreck havoc along the boards and in front of the net, which I did not see enough of. Believe me, this is the last guy you'd ever want to see in another uniform. Go ahead play on the edge and terrorize the rest of the NHL Milan, cause that's what you were born to do. And, I really don't believe there is another like him. He is a Bruin, wouldn't want to play against him. There would be a feeding frenzy to sign him if he hits the open market.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : How about starting your posts with," I like to post on this site but I don't really watch the games...but".. I am not going to define ALL the turnovers Lucic made... but he  has an innate ability to turn it over in extreme situations.  "When were all of these turnovers Lucic made?" how about the left boards coming out of his own end .. leading to a Capital goal.... in a 7th game of a playoff series. or  bllindly throwing the puck around in the offensive zone when he had plenty of "space and time" .. etc etc..  please.. it is constant with him... I am not talking about Crosby, Green, Semin, .. or the thread would be titled as such, The thread is about Lucic and YES he was directly responsible for a goal from one of his many turnovers... that my friend is relevant and why we are having the discussion.  watch the games with some sort of knowledge then post your thoughts, until then... shut up
    Once again, you could've just summed up your whole post by starting with, "I don't know much about hockey".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday:
    [QUOTE]Barring an absurd contract hold out, Milan Lucic will remain in Boston until he is well into his 30's.  He can score 30+ goals.  He intimidates most other players.  Many players consider him to be the toughest in the league ( http://www.playerspoll.ca/results/20112012-results/skills/who-is-the-toughest-player). The fans love him. His teammates love him. Management loves him. He is a prime reason the place is filled every game night. Unless Pittsburgh wants to trade Crosby, Milan Lucic will remain a Boston Bruin.  I know we are facing 1,001 trade speculation threads, but for all things serious, let's leave Lucic out of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.  He isn't going anywhere.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Brilliant post, tell us something we don't know!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday :  or  bllindly throwing the puck around in the offensive zone when he had plenty of "space and time" .. etc etc..

Probably for a line change.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : Brilliant post, tell us something we don't know!
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

How about, instead, I tell you something everyone knows?

Pauly1 has more posts about NAS than he does about hockey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : How about, instead, I tell you something everyone knows? Pauly1 has more posts about NAS than he does about hockey.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] My response (is to your stupid post) and is hockey related.....every time u make a foolish post, does not make u exempt from other posters opinions. Suck it up sally, u love to dish it out but...........                 (mister half a slew foot).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : My response (is to your stupid post) and is hockey related.....every time u make a foolish post, does not make u exempt from other posters opinions. Suck it up sally, u love to dish it out but...........                 (mister half a slew foot).
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

My post is in response to the stupid posts about trading Lucic.  You must not have read those before making a fool of yourself here.

I'm happy to discuss hockey with people.  You come here to discuss me.  I don't swing that way, my friend.  Sorry.  Maybe you can try www.sean-avery.com or something to that effect.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : My post is in response to the stupid posts about trading Lucic.  You must not have read those before making a fool of yourself here. I'm happy to discuss hockey with people.  You come here to discuss me.  I don't swing that way, my friend.  Sorry.  Maybe you can try www.sean-avery.com or something to that effect.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Then i guess u should have posted in "reply"....did u not hit "start a new discussion"???? Some of us do not live on here. Think about mister writer. lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Who's the fool now?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : Then i guess u should have posted in reply....did u not hit "start a new discussion"???? Some of us don't live on here. Think about mister writer. lol
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

The whole thread is about hockey.  You have solely written about me.  As usual.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic Will Not Be Traded Before his 35th Birthday : The whole thread is about hockey.  You have solely written about me.  As usual.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Slam dunk....your to easy. 

25. This post has been removed.