lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

lucic

he needs to start playing more physical and fighting more when hes doing both of these he creates more room for himself and his teamates and plus when he is playing like this nobody in the league wants to go near him 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: lucic

Completely agree.  Ironically, Wheeler - who I've criticized a lot - had one of his most physical games last night.  Lucic needs to find his mean streak.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Needs to play more physical and nasty, not sure he needs to fight more, the issue is his line has no identity..

He scored a lot of tough dirty goals early and his lines not getting those chances, no one knows what savard is going to do, and he (savard) is trying to make to many pretty plays that i think is hurting this team right now cause his wings aren't able to be as aggressive since they are guessing at what he is going to do...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to lucic:
    [QUOTE]he needs to start playing more physical and fighting more when hes doing both of these he creates more room for himself and his teamates and plus when he is playing like this nobody in the league wants to go near him 
    Posted by lucicanator17[/QUOTE]
    100% agree. That sort of play got him to where he is and when he doesnt play hard his production falls off....His physical play creates chances for others, which in turn creates chances for himself....For what ever reason, he starts to try and play like he is more gifted and talented than he really is....Dont get me wrong, he is gifted and talented, but not unless he is running around hitting and getting dirty...mixing it up....That is so crucial to his game and points production...When that takes a back seat, so does his production.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

He's doing what he's told, that's the way they want him to play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yes and no.  In the past, when he's played this way, they've immediately yanked him from the top line and put him on the 3rd or 4th to remind him what his primary qualifications are.  I think it's time to do that again.  At very least, he needs to play less for a bit because he's not skating with the same energy he had for the first 20 games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have argued that the Bruins should leave the fighting to the 4th line, but cases of sticking up for teammates should trump that.  I was disappointed in Lucic last night when Savard was jacked into the boards after the whistle by Orpik, and then went 1 vs. 3 in the scrum after retaliating.  Lucic needs to be a presence there.  He was on the ice and watched from a distance.  And his forecheck seems to be suffering too.  No big hits means no nervous defensmen. 

I would like to see him intimidate people again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Take off the cuffs ! Let the man play his game ! He's no longer the team's points leader , so let him loose and watch waht happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Could it be that the TEAM has not forgiven Savard for naming the player
    responsible for the too many players penalty vs Flyers last year?

Savvy may be on his own when it comes to protection from team mates.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

In Response to Re: lucic:
    [QUOTE]I have argued that the Bruins should leave the fighting to the 4th line, but cases of sticking up for teammates should trump that.  I was disappointed in Lucic last night when Savard was jacked into the boards after the whistle by Orpik, and then went 1 vs. 3 in the scrum after retaliating.  Lucic needs to be a presence there.  He was on the ice and watched from a distance.  And his forecheck seems to be suffering too.  No big hits means no nervous defensmen.  I would like to see him intimidate people again.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I thought i was the only one who noticed this last night, Savy was being pushed around by Orpik and and 2 other Pens and Looch just casually skated over.  The old Looch would have been bombing into that pile.  Im starting to think he gave his sack too Wheeler

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE] Could it be that the TEAM has not forgiven Savard for naming the player responsible for the too many players penalty vs Flyers last year? Savvy may be on his own when it comes to protection from team mates.
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    That theory isn't without some merit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Fletch and Dynasty..

you both missed it if you think that is what happened..

Savard took a hit, he felt was late, and then slashed orpik.. the hit wasnt after the whistle, and as far as late, well, I would like to see more bruins following through on a hit..

I did feel the same way about no one getting in there and involved.. but that seems to be the team mentality this year.. I would assume if they start to play better you will see that change, or if they start to place worse.. but it really seems to be only certain players care, and only on certain nights..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch and Dynasty.. you both missed it if you think that is what happened.. Savard took a hit, he felt was late, and then slashed orpik.. the hit wasnt after the whistle, and as far as late, well, I would like to see more bruins following through on a hit.. I did feel the same way about no one getting in there and involved.. but that seems to be the team mentality this year.. I would assume if they start to play better you will see that change, or if they start to place worse.. but it really seems to be only certain players care, and only on certain nights..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Regardless if it was late, early or ontime i think our point is 3 Pens came to stick up for Orpik and started pushing around Savy.  While the Bruins had one of their toughest guys out there in Looch who wanted nothing to do with it.  If Thorts was out there i guarantee he would have been right in the middle getting people away from Savy.  I would say the same for even Wheeler, Bergeron Mcquaid and Chara

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the past couple weeks looch's play has been disinterested at best.  he hasn't won many individual battles... and an overall lack of hustle make me think there may be an illness or injury. if not, maybe there is something to that savard  scenario.  i think savard is a premadonna of sorts-who thinks he can do no wrong... this might be the issue effecting that top line

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

So a clean hit savy throws a slash.. and the team shoud come to his rescue..

Nothing esclated or happened from it, lucic was at he blue line basically when the whole thing started, I wouldn't put to much into that.. Or if you want to maybe its just savy, maybe players are tired of having to stick up for him because he takes exception to every play on the ice..

but a couple shoves behind the net after a play doesn't really warrant much of a response, especially when your trailing in a game you should be trying to win..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]So a clean hit savy throws a slash.. and the team shoud come to his rescue.. Nothing esclated or happened from it, lucic was at he blue line basically when the whole thing started, I wouldn't put to much into that.. Or if you want to maybe its just savy, maybe players are tired of having to stick up for him because he takes exception to every play on the ice.. but a couple shoves behind the net after a play doesn't really warrant much of a response, especially when your trailing in a game you should be trying to win..

You actually bring up a great point that maybe players are tired of having to stick up for Savys antics.  I do think the hit was a bit after the play and did Savy even have the puck.  Im trying to remember as i was switching back n forth to the BCS game

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

He had the puck, he made the pass, orpik continued on his path to hit him..

It wasnt a "pass boom" play savard didnt take the hit to make the play, but I would have put it in the department of following through on your hit.. Savard is fine to take exception to it, it wasnt an immediate hit, it could have been called, but no issue with the fact that it wasnt..

But lucic was still involved in the play and no where in the vicinity when the "skirmish" started..

I'd love to see more emotion from this team as well, but I don't see an issue with it not happening at that point, I think fans are getting frustrated over all, and losing physical hockey is more entertaining then losing hockey right?  So maybe people are just looking for more blood win or lose..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]So a clean hit savy throws a slash.. and the team shoud come to his rescue.. Nothing esclated or happened from it, lucic was at he blue line basically when the whole thing started, I wouldn't put to much into that.. Or if you want to maybe its just savy, maybe players are tired of having to stick up for him because he takes exception to every play on the ice.. but a couple shoves behind the net after a play doesn't really warrant much of a response, especially when your trailing in a game you should be trying to win..

Savard did not have the puck, did not a have play on the puck, and the puck was covered in front of the net.  Orpik drove Savard into the boards behind the net, late.  It is exactly the type of thing the Bruins should retaliate on.  Savard did, and two other guys came over to push him around.  I don't care whether the guys like Savard or not.  Stick up for each other.  Lucic plays better when he is involved in these kind of things anyhow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

maybe thorty needs to start each game with a scrap- get the boys skating!worked last time!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Milan Lucic also suffered an apparent injury in the third period Monday and did not finish the game. There has been no update yet on his status. If both Lucic and Horton are unable to play, the Bruins would have to recall a forward from Providence, as they have no extra healthy bodies up with the big club.

From Doug Flynn

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

HMM the blog on this site said he came back to the bench within a minute of leaving the ice

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Nasty - He came back to the bench, but did he get back in the game?  I didn't see the 3rd period, so I wouldn't know.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Fletch are you serious, he didnt have a play on the puck cause he had just passed it off.. The rule is usually you have about a 2 second window after playing a puck that you can still be hit by a player on his way to make a check..

He didnt drive him into the boards savard was admiring his play, not protecting himself... Orpik put a hit on him from the front perfectly clean.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Just checked the TOI.  Lucic's last shift ended with 5:39 remaining in the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Anyone know why he went to the room in the first place?  Did he block a shot, throw a check, get checked?

Sections
Shortcuts