lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: lucic

In Response to Re: lucic:
    [QUOTE]Fletch are you serious, he didnt have a play on the puck cause he had just passed it off.. The rule is usually you have about a 2 second window after playing a puck that you can still be hit by a player on his way to make a check.. He didnt drive him into the boards savard was admiring his play, not protecting himself... Orpik put a hit on him from the front perfectly clean.
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm serious, and I think you made up the thing about the "2-second window".  There is no such thing.  Particularly if the play is dead.

I'm not saying it was a penalty or was illegal.  I'm saying that I would prefer to not have one of our star players who is recovering from a major concussion run into the boards away from the puck, after the goalie has covered the puck.  Further I would prefer to not have this player swarmed by 3 Penguins while Lucic, who is very capable of making a difference here, watches from a distance.  It would just be my preference to see him get involved there, that's all.  I'm not calling for Orpik's head.  Not ripping on Lucic either.  You disagree, that's fine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Wheeler played last night?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

We can disagree,
    and the 2 seconds is kind of unwritten..

But the play wasnt dead..That was the exact definition of finishing your check, savard made the play, orpik could have not hit him, (which is a bruins play) instead he followed through with the hit, finished the man, if the puck had come back to savard he is out of the play..

The play was dead after the hit. Good play by Orpik, Stop admiring your pass...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Roler - Totally agree with you about "which is a Bruins play".  I find myself yelling at my TV every game to finish checks.  However, I think in Claude's "system", the players are more focused on being in position and finishing checks might put them out of "stick position"!  I think I vomit in my mouth every time I hear Jack & Brick talk about using their sticks.  Especially Chara.  Forget the stick every once in a while and punish them with the body!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]We can disagree, and the 2 seconds is kind of unwritten.. But the play wasnt dead..That was the exact definition of finishing your check, savard made the play, orpik could have not hit him, (which is a bruins play) instead he followed through with the hit, finished the man, if the puck had come back to savard he is out of the play.. The play was dead after the hit. Good play by Orpik, Stop admiring your pass...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE

Okay, fair enough, on the hit.

The larger issue, for me, is that I don't want the Bruins players doing a feasibility analysis of who is right or wrong in these situations.  You see 3 Penguins go after a guy wearing black and gold -- you react.  You do something about it. 

The notion of Lucic standing there last night thinking 'well maybe Savard shouldn't have slashed him, since the hit wasn't that bad, so maybe I'll just stay out of it' is what all of us are sick of, I think. 

Lucic is a better player when he is involved in scrums, intimidating people, sticking up for his teammates -- not standing there mentally weighing the hands of justice in Orpik v. Savard. 

Take charge Milan!  No?  Letang was happy to jump in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

MeanE,
    seldom does a guy on his butt make a play.. thats all I know.. Lucic had 1-2 instances last night that left me going "finish the check, Jeeesh.."

I can't think thats a coaching thing though, I mean, boychuk leaves his lane and  is out of position often in some of the big hits he throughs, so it can't be julien jumping on these guys..

I think to many players just feel they are "skill" guys now..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Fletch,
    I agree on that, The play a couple years ago when.. Not even sure who went down near the boards a guy cut across the crease after, thomas decked him..

Later he said "he didnt see the play he saw a man down and reacted to it" is definitely lacking from this team..
    Savard is one of the few who will, so is ference, we need some of our more "important guys" to start getting dirty..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch, I agree on that, The play a couple years ago when.. Not even sure who went down near the boards a guy cut across the crease after, thomas decked him.. Later he said "he didnt see the play he saw a man down and reacted to it" is definitely lacking from this team.. Savard is one of the few who will, so is ference, we need some of our more "important guys" to start getting dirty..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking of!  It was one of the Kostitsyn sisters who boarded Stuart, I believe.  And I remember that quote too.  I like that mentality on the ice.  Good call.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I just dont think lucic was close enough to the play he ever would have gotten there before the refs did, and in my opinion it wasnt a dirty play that warranted anything else, savard was up long before the penguins circled up, and that only happened in retalation to his slash..

I guess I kind of see that play as being similar to Chara's end of game frackass the night before..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Fletch, your description is right on. Orpick was taking swipes all nite and Claude had the restraints on. Thornton is NOT the answer, but Looch or Chara could pitch in as Ference did a few games ago.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

this is such a tired and trite topic, the Bs not defending themselves or playing aggressive enough nite in, nite out....

Savvy's irritable nature aisde, he's your teammate and your best source for offence, so man up when IcePik runs him, especially considering this is the team that concussed him - shouldn't retribution still be ongoing !?

I say bring up Gratts and pop Thorts up to 3rd line, and ya, Looch has to pla a complete game.... O'Reilly once was top 10 in scoring ( 90 pts ) and racked up
    about 250 PIMs.....   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

No Lucic for Bruins tonight. Undisclosed injury happened last night. McQuaid game-time decision.horton in vs senators

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Seems like an arm or shoulder injury.  Just saw the replay after he went to hit a Pen and kind fell awkward into the boards. He was steamed breaking his stick across the boards. 
    Hope it's not serious and heels it properly. Those type of injuries can linger a whole season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I have argued that the Bruins should leave the fighting to the 4th line, but cases of sticking up for teammates should trump that.  I was disappointed in Lucic last night when Savard was jacked into the boards after the whistle by Orpik, and then went 1 vs. 3 in the scrum after retaliating.  Lucic needs to be a presence there.  He was on the ice and watched from a distance.  And his forecheck seems to be suffering too.  No big hits means no nervous defensmen.  I would like to see him intimidate people again.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Nervous defensemen:  Very important.  Great point, Fletcher.  Finishing check every time can make a world of difference.  The B's rarely do this this season.  Instead, they almost always turn away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic : Regardless if it was late, early or ontime i think our point is 3 Pens came to stick up for Orpik and started pushing around Savy.  While the Bruins had one of their toughest guys out there in Looch who wanted nothing to do with it.  If Thorts was out there i guarantee he would have been right in the middle getting people away from Savy.  I would say the same for even Wheeler, Bergeron Mcquaid and Chara
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

Oh no, Savard got himself in a little bit of trouble and got pushed around.  Why should Lucic risk a broken hand, broken nose or even a tiny scratch here?  Savard skated away without issue.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic : Savard did not have the puck, did not a have play on the puck, and the puck was covered in front of the net.  Orpik drove Savard into the boards behind the net, late.  It is exactly the type of thing the Bruins should retaliate on.  Savard did, and two other guys came over to push him around.  I don't care whether the guys like Savard or not.  Stick up for each other.  Lucic plays better when he is involved in these kind of things anyhow.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I've read this a couple of times here, and I need some help with it.  In my view, from total play Prague to last night, Lucic is having his best overall season.  Obviously his stats are up, but the rest of his play seems to be better also.

Can you tell me why years past have been better than this one for Lucic, outside of the fan excitement factor?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

The check on Sav was def late hit after whistle and they zoomed to Luc who missed the entire play as he was disgustedly skating away, when he turned it was too late.

Similar to the Sens taking liberties all night long on the B's and them not retaliating.   Thank goodness we have tough guys like Pail.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

If we have 2 lines scoring we are a very competitive team when Luc Hort and Sav start scoring we will be the presence and more that we were 2 years ago.

P.S. They will start scoring. I just hope they don't move March from Berg, send Rec or Ryd back to 4th when all are in the game again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ha Ha Ipot you could walk into a brothel and start finding fault or walk out of a desert and complain about the water just handed to you LoL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Who the heck knows: Horton/Lucic in the last 25 games: 10 G  9 A = 19 points COMBINED . $8M for their troubles.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

I would suggest that a lot of that is due to losing Krecji.  Savard couldn't set a table right now, let alone set up a good scoring opportunity.  Savard's skills should return in a while, but for now, he's pitiful and is dragging both of these players right with him.

Oh, and the powerplay stinks to high heaven.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic : Savard, when 100%, is good enough to adjust and feed whatever wingers he's given: fast, slow, one-dimensional, point-and-shoot guys, rough and tumble guys.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Well, that couldn't be further from the truth.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

No4.
    the hit was definitely not after the whistle, thats not even an objective look at things..Bruins fans would love if our players would finish hits, happens to a bruins though and its a big deal..

Sections
Shortcuts