lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Re: lucic

In Response to Re: lucic:
    [QUOTE]No4. the hit was definitely not after the whistle, thats not even an objective look at things..Bruins fans would love if our players would finish hits, happens to a bruins though and its a big deal..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

The hit was late .. maybe no whistle blown, but late. Late enough so savard had time to pass the puck to other side of the net where it got shot and covered by pitt. goalie and he had time to glide off the boards into a very dangerous spot to be hit. If the hit had happened when it would be legal then savard was body against the boards where you normaly dont get hurt. But this wasnt the case the hit came late and he had time to move a good foot off them and was knocked back into them which is a disaster waiting to happen. Should have been a penalty and Mr. lucic should have had some words with orpik. But so should have every player on the ice and bench at somepoint after it. So this isnt all on Lucic, this is a team who still doesnt get it because they have a passive coach who likes staged fights.

Bruins are what 4th in the league in fighting majors? that tells you how often they stage fights just for the fun of doing so. We all know this team has 0 heart.

Also there is no written or unwritten rule about how long you have to hit a player. It is all in the motion of the hitting player ... are they commited to the hit? Is the player taking the hit in a vulnerable spot? does the player taking the hit have the puck? ... in this case all 3 steps were an illegal hit ...orpik took steps after the puck was relased to hit savard = not in the act of hitting allready, was savard in a potentialy dangerous spot to be hit ( yes as he had glided away form the boards a foot or so and anyone who has ever played hockey knows this is the worst spot to get hit. ) and lastly did he have the puck ? NO!! not even close to having the puck !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Puckhog, thank you for presenting all your opinions as fact..

It was a late hit it was a late hit, the bruins didnt get involved though, they didnt speak about it after the game, and other then savard throwing a slash in the moment, i haven't heard anything about it, the nhl isnt reviewing it for suspension, other then the forum, and it being a note in the game blog its a non factor.

Savard wasnt on the boards when he made the pass and then he sat there watching it, lucic took the pass and skated across the front of the net shot and it was covered, all in a matter of a second.. and savard took a hit he felt was late..

And clearly you dont understand what finishing a hit is, cause if you did you would know the "did he have the puck" sounds really stupid in regards to finishing the hit..He HAD the puck, made the play and orpik "finished" his hit..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic : I've read this a couple of times here, and I need some help with it.  In my view, from total play Prague to last night, Lucic is having his best overall season.  Obviously his stats are up, but the rest of his play seems to be better also. Can you tell me why years past have been better than this one for Lucic, outside of the fan excitement factor?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

No.  I don't agree with the premise.  I don't think years past have been better for Lucic.  Did I write that?

I think Lucic is a better player now, better with the puck, better on the boards, better passer, etc.  The one thing I do miss for previous years is a consistently reckless and intimidating forecheck.  That part of his game has eased up, as it does with most players who are no longer fighting for a roster spot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Fletch - I think injuries have contributed to Lucic not being "reckless" as in years past.  I am OK with Looch not being reckless in the regular season.  We all know that he will bring it in the playoffs!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agreed MeanE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Roler,

Your welcome. Find me the rule where your allowed to hit someone when they dont have the puck, where your allowed to continue taking steps after the puck is gone to do so. Thats what your stating as a legal hit, its not, never has been and never will be. Because you can't and your making up your own unwritten rule about how long someone has to hit someone after the puck is gone " finnishing your check " and dont get me wrong. I'm all for hits and i have no real issue with the hit .. but it was late and should have been a penalty and also should have been responded to by the bruins team.

Does the fact they didnt respond really suprise anyone? That kind of action just isnt this team because it isnt this coach. I blame julien more then anyone else.

It would seem the caps finaly got sick of the penguins antics of late hits, hits to the head, blind side hits etc etc. that are not responded to by the league and now crosby has a concussion. I guess steckle didnt mean to hit him ... right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i've been saying for a couple weeks now that looch must be sick or hurt-he does not look himself out there.well, he was a scratch on tues, maybe he was. has anyone heard the reason why? was it bad play or sickness/injury? somewhere i read upper body???? been a different player the past 2 or 3 weeks...maybe screwing with krej-looch-hort was a bad idea...put savvy on the 3rd line and let him work his way up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Puckhog,
    again, way to demostrate your knowledge of a simple hockey  strategy..

You right Savard did not have the puck ,I havent said he did once, if he did I wouldn't be talking about finishing the check..

You seem to be in denial that he "had played" the puck.. He wasn't away from the play, this wasn't a matter of interference, he wasn't hit randomly after a whistle, he wasn't hit after the whistle at all.

He had played the puck, and he was hit, you can say you feel it was late, but everything I have ever been tought, and have played says that was a fine hit to me, he released the puck, and was hit or finished..

I haven't been able to find a video on the play to see how long the time was from one to one but during the replay they showed during the game I didnt have an issue with it..

I am a home fan, but I appreciate hockey and am not going to be biased based on what I want to see.

Cooke wasn't suspended because campbell found he "had not violated any rules" savard did not have the puck in that instance either, and did not have a play on the puck..he had already moved the puck on, cooke followed through on his hit.

According to campbell it was a clean hit with in the rules as they existed..
    Thus in definition, cooke finished a check on savard.. Why dont you dig up the rule that says you can only hit a player in possession of the puck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Actual conversation, will not disclose circumstances/source for confidentiality's sake, someone "high up" in hockey and would be recognized by any hockey fan in Boston.

Said that Lucic needs to be more physical and that he felt sure that benching Lucic would do the trick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Not another conspiracy ?? Come on BadHabitude.
    Lucic is hurt, I saw the replay where he went to hit one of the Pens and fell awkward into the boards. He injured either his arm or shoulder.
    What ticks me off is the lack of information the Bruins medical and coaching staff give. 
    I agree they don't want to disclose the severity of the injury or pin point where he got injured (hence those terms lower or upper body injuries) but can they at least say a time frame he will be out ?  or we're just not even allowed to ask ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Not another conspiracy ?? Come on BadHabitude. Lucic is hurt, I saw the replay where he went to hit one of the Pens and fell awkward into the boards. He injured either his arm or shoulder. What ticks me off is the lack of information the Bruins medical and coaching staff give.  I agree they don't want to disclose the severity of the injury or pin point where he got injured (hence those terms lower or upper body injuries) but can they at least say a time frame he will be out ?  or we're just not even allowed to ask ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

No no no - sorry, no conspiracy at all, the comment was made before he was hurt.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Actual conversation, will not disclose circumstances/source for confidentiality's sake, someone "high up" in hockey and would be recognized by any hockey fan in Boston. Said that Lucic needs to be more physical and that he felt sure that benching Lucic would do the trick.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Did you overhear this at an Italian Restaurant in Shirley?  Why didn't the waiters block your ears?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: lucic : Did you overhear this at an Italian Restaurant in Shirley?  Why didn't the waiters block your ears?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

smart ash.

hey, it was cool.  it was a situation where it was like, 'hey - that's so and so.'  and it turns out your acquantance knows him and starts talking hockey.

even you would respect this guy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Hab,
    it really comes down to is the team better or worse with him in the line up..
    After the montreal game there was talk about benching chara to make a point, but is the team better or worse with him in the line up..

We don't have a replacement for lucic, he's not a typical player, and he gives you something few players have, his game is off, he's not doing things quite right, but you work on that in practice, the bruins are still better with him then with out..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

When he was on the ice the other night when Savvy was getting puched around was disgusting, they are not playing like a team , he should be sticking up for each player on that team, wake up looch,Neely should of been the first one taking him to the side and talked to him about  %%% like that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Hab, it really comes down to is the team better or worse with him in the line up.. After the montreal game there was talk about benching chara to make a point, but is the team better or worse with him in the line up.. We don't have a replacement for lucic, he's not a typical player, and he gives you something few players have, his game is off, he's not doing things quite right, but you work on that in practice, the bruins are still better with him then with out..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Despite what the "high up person in hockey" said, I did disagree altho I said nothing of course.  I don't think Lucic is the shy type.  I don't think he's made a conscious decision not to be physical.  I think its just a matter of that's how the cookie crumbles, sometimes you see your team mate catching abuse and you jump in, but then there are times when you didn't see it, someone got between you and somebody,  coach just told you something or whatever.

Yah, Lucic and Horton haven't been on fire lately, but Bergeron has.  They will be back on track sooner or later.