Lucic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Lucic

And to add to my last post. Shupe I know you're talking about me with the Boychuk thing. I find the two different. Boychuk didn't do anything in the Edmonton game to upset anyone. Moore was acting like a punk during the game. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

callo, you are right we won't see many things the same. 

Most people on here disagree with me.  I don't come here to be the most popular.  Dez/NAS/No4/BSL are some of the guys I debate with on a regular basis...all are hockey smart so it makes it a challenge.  

A dirty play in hockey is a dirty play no matter how you wanna dress it up and sell it.  Just b/c Lucic fought after doesnt make his cross check to the head ok.  Dominic Moore is not a known guy like Avery, Ott etc etc.  He isnt.  If he dove a bit last night so what?  Every player plays the rules and eventually the hockey gods pay them back.  Sure the Brule/Moore issues are different but they were both dirty hockey and thats what I see, not a double standard b/c they have a Bruin jersey on.  The fact you can seperate one from the other when you feel like it makes it hard for me to discus these issues with you. 

I have no issue debating hockey with you but these issues arent hockey.  So maybe we should stick to the basic issues of the Bruins. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic:
    And to add to my last post. Shupe I know you're talking about me with the Boychuk thing. I find the two different.Boychuk didn't do anything in the Edmonton game to upset anyone. Moore was acting like a punk during the game. 
    Posted by callodthedom19

Shupe, he might have point here .  I didn't watch the game but the comments are leaning to Moore doing some yapping and acting. 
    Maybe cannot be compared although Looch must be careful ,  he was already suspended for the crosscheck to Lapierre's head in the playoffs. 
    Anyway,  Lucic plays with an edge and in the heat of the moment things like this might ignite. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BSL,

Agree and disagree.  Yapping in hockey is the same as lacing the skates up.  I have never played in a game where someone wasnt yapping at me or a team mate and vice versa.  I mean we could do a comedy hour if they permitted microphones on the bench and call it "TRASH TALKING".  And I have played against lots of smurfs that always knew they were never going to fight.  I knew it, they knew it...if they could get under you skin they win.  Those were the guys that would always give you the slash after the whistle as well.

Boychuk and Moore were different.  But do we know the war within the war between Boychuk and Brule.  Nope.  Its more than possible that Brule was yapping at him all night or vice versa. 
    In Lucic's case he wasnt involved in the play between Horton and Moore, skated across the ice and crosscheck-punch to the head.  Pretty clear what the intent was.  No inury on the play but what if?  Lucic as you indicated would then be a 2nd time offender.

So yes I can see what Callo is pointing out.  But both plays were dirty no matter how you slice it.  But for some reason Moore deserved it and Brule is a piece of garbage with no honor.  I mean not to play with words, but Lucic has already been suspended before.  If I screamed repeat offender throw this garbage outta the league.  How many posts would I get in 10 minutes? 

I have clearly indicated that I don't think Lucic is a dirty player.  But the play was dirty.  And he doesnt have to play like that.  I mean he had the GWG.  Why wasnt there a post about that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BSL, Agree and disagree.  Yapping in hockey is the same as lacing the skates up.  I have never played in a game where someone wasnt yapping at me or a team mate and vice versa.  I mean we could do a comedy hour if they permitted microphones on the bench and call it "TRASH TALKING".  And I have played against lots of smurfs that always knew they were never going to fight.  I knew it, they knew it...if they could get under you skin they win.  Those were the guys that would always give you the slash after the whistle as well. Boychuk and Moore were different.  But do we know the war within the war between Boychuk and Brule.  Nope.  Its more than possible that Brule was yapping at him all night or vice versa.  In Lucic's case he wasnt involved in the play between Horton and Moore, skated across the ice and crosscheck-punch to the head.  Pretty clear what the intent was.  No inury on the play but what if?  Lucic as you indicated would then be a 2nd time offender. So yes I can see what Callo is pointing out.  But both plays were dirty no matter how you slice it.  But for some reason Moore deserved it and Brule is a piece of garbage with no honor.  I mean not to play with words, but Lucic has already been suspended before.  If I screamed repeat offender throw this garbage outta the league.  How many posts would I get in 10 minutes?  I have clearly indicated that I don't think Lucic is a dirty player.  But the play was dirty.  And he doesnt have to play like that.  I mean he had the GWG.  Why wasnt there a post about that. 
    Posted by shuperman

Well I'm off to my game tonight and will be yapping away . I find it gets me into the game faster and play better.  You know gets the blood pumping. 
    I might not have played juniors but had made it to a Midget AAA team here before getting injured and in all levels it's what you're saying " Yapping in hockey is the same as lacing up the skates".
    I think when Lucic plays with that edge and his blood is pumping is when he's at his best.
    In the end tonight yap or no yap I'll probably buy the beer , in the end it's supposed to be for fun,  at least in my case.
    Cheers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Check out these hits and let me know if Lucic is out of control.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

When I saw the hit to the head. My first thought was "that's reviewable!" I try to be very objective & non hypocritical in these situations. I love Lucic's game when he's engaged in everything. Even though he's had a great season & has broken my 25g & 25a stats. For a lot of the season this side of him was missing. I think the coaches have told him how much better he is when he's "fully involved!" I think last nite he went a little far with the hit. I think he got more upper back across the shoulders than head, but he still brought his stick up in a horizontal position. Just pushing with both hands would've knocked him down. I give Kudo's to both Lucic & Brewer for sticking up for a teammate, but Brewer certanly did it more in the right way than Looch did in this instance.

However, when a player uses his stick to cheapshot someone I have more respect for him if he's willing to allow someone else to repay him with some knuckles to the chicklets then when they don't. Numerous great hockey players have used their stick to cross check someone! Tons of Bruins from the past have done it! A lot of them are considered Bruin legends! So just because they used their stick illegally doesn't bring them down from their legend status! It's what they did after they used the stick that's the difference.

Love watching Horton with this new snarl to his game. If these two continue to stay healthy I can't see too many teams being able to contain them in the big dance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Check out these hits and let me know if Lucic is out of control.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkvNQbvysRM
    Posted by islamorada

This one is a gooder to Is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zRFUKm42_g&NR=1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

great clips boys, brings a tear to my eye.  I remember watching games and getting excited everytime neely jumped on the ice,  then later to a lesser extent thornton (joe not shawn) and now again with Looch.  Still scary to think that the 49th pick in the 06 draft was montreals, we could have a very different opinion of him right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

great clips boys, brings a tear to my eye.  I remember watching games and getting excited everytime neely jumped on the ice,  then later to a lesser extent thornton (joe not shawn) and now again with Looch.  Still scary to think that the 49th pick in the 06 draft was montreals, we could have a very different opinion of him right now.
    Posted by Seabasshole

OH WOW! I can't even begin to think of Lucic wearing that.....OK erase from mind- Move on!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

islam,

wanna know the sad thing.  in todays NHL I bet most of those are called penalties.  Cam was one of a kind.  And todays NHL everything is under a microscope.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

callo, you are right we won't see many things the same.  Most people on here disagree with me.  I don't come here to be the most popular.  Dez/NAS/No4/BSL are some of the guys I debate with on a regular basis...all are hockey smart so it makes it a challenge.   A dirty play in hockey is a dirty play no matter how you wanna dress it up and sell it.  Just b/c Lucic fought after doesnt make his cross check to the head ok.  Dominic Moore is not a known guy like Avery, Ott etc etc.  He isnt.  If he dove a bit last night so what?  Every player plays the rules and eventually the hockey gods pay them back.  Sure the Brule/Moore issues are different but they were both dirty hockey and thats what I see, not a double standard b/c they have a Bruin jersey on.  The fact you can seperate one from the other when you feel like it makes it hard for me to discus these issues with you.  I have no issue debating hockey with you but these issues arent hockey.  So maybe we should stick to the basic issues of the Bruins. 
    Posted by shuperman

I'm not saying it wasn't dirty, I think it was, I just think it's a completely different situation. It was also more of a punch in my eyes instead of a cross-check. I also believe the way Moore acted last night and has acted in the past ( he is no Ott or Avery, more of a Subban, Ian Lap type) something was going to happen. I just respect Lucic for answering the bell against Brewer. Brewer went after Lucic not Horton (someone said that I can't remember who). Unlike Brule he was happy to stand behind the official. If Brule had dropped them with Boychuk there would be no discussion from me on this subject. Answer for what you do. That's what I like to see.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

What about Cooke answering the bell with Thorton.

Food for thought.  If thats what it means.  Answering the bell. 

Anyway, lets move on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

What about Cooke answering the bell with Thorton. Food for thought.  If thats what it means.  Answering the bell.  Anyway, lets move on.
    Posted by shuperman

I agree, we should move on but... I can't let the Cooke thing go haha. He answered the bell, certainly. He gets my respect in that area but that is it. He has showed time and time again that he doesn't value the safety of anyone on the ice. Lucic, Brule, Marchand etc... are nothing like him. Lucic wasn't trying to injure, Brule wasn't trying to injure, Marchand wasn't trying to injure. In my eyes Cooke was and still does try to injure. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Cooke should never get your respect.

Lets try and go a few days with no fights.  It will be like work place accidents. 
    Day 1 tomorrow.

Too many good things going on right now. 

Cheers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Chris pronger is a crosschecking machine. Hardly EVER gets called.

"im okay with the Brewer fight".
    Which is it? Dont get all reactionary when its your own team.

Gillies JUST got back from a suspension and 4 shifts in goes for someone's dome. its not the same as Looch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Cooke should never get your respect. Lets try and go a few days with no fights.  It will be like work place accidents.  Day 1 tomorrow. Too many good things going on right now.  Cheers
    Posted by shuperman

Oh I don't respect him at all. I respect that he fought, only because I thought for sure he wouldn't and just try to get penalties called against the B's. I should have been more clear there, that's my bad. I will re-introduce myself tomorrow. It will be the start of a new friendship. haha I agree there are too many good things around this team. Can't wait for the game tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

don't read one post and comment.  read the entire debate.  if you have something to add to a debate then add it.  if not don't bother.

for example you are using chris pronger for your strengthening argument, gillies as a strengthening argument and then wearng homer glasses.  which was exactly my point if you had read all the posts.

anyway, its time to move onto todays game

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

islam, wanna know the sad thing.  in todays NHL I bet most of those are called penalties.  Cam was one of a kind.  And todays NHL everything is under a microscope.
    Posted by shuperman

That is why I posted the clips.  I do think the rule changes are for the better, PCS is serious.  Nonetheless, I think some of the rules need refinement.  For instance, a forward along the boards stops three feet from the boards to retrieve a puck, then initiates contact on the oncoming defenseman only to fly into the boards for a boarding call or head call.  The biggest pet peeve is the dual stupidity of the existance of the instigator rule with no calls on third man in.  Lucic was the third man in on the hit on Moore.  Out for the game.  Now little pukke Moore should have been man handled earlier for his chippy play by a good punch in the face.  Yes, Marchand is a little pain in the azz too.  Sad to see the above commentary in one sense, the game is faster and quicker, but the respect for each is diminishing contrarily with the hockey equipment.  I still believe Lucic has to play with an edge Neelyesque like.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic : Thats like saying Matt Cookes elbow to Savy's head wasnt a penalty or that McSorely should have got 2 minutes for slashing on Brashear.  Sure the standard rule book has it documented.  But what was Gillies play?  An elbow/forearm.  Still deserve 2 minutes?
    Posted by shuperman

There is no question on intent from Cooke.

McSorley?  Did he mean to chop Brashear in the head, or was he going for the shoulder and missed?

If Lucic wanted to truly hurt Moore, he would have. 

Gillies doesn't come into play here because we're talking about hockey players.  He isn't one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

There are obviously a few rules that have made the PCS jump to the top of the pack.
    1. No center ice.  Makes the game faster and players can get a run on.
    2. No hold up for dmen.  I know its against the so called rule.  But a 3-5 second hold up isnt that bad. 
    3. let goalies play the puck and get rid of that stupid area behind the net.  Goalies are players. 
    4. Gear.  Get rid of the one piece sticks and armour gear.  Soften the elbow pads and shoulder pads. 
    5. No touch icing.
    6. I also would suggest maybe taking 1 fwd position off the starting lineup or possibly going with 10 fwds.
    7. Someone(maybe NAS) mentioned that if a player like Gillies is suspended that the NYI have to play minus a fwd.

I know a lot of these are obvious but I think its important that they get looked at. 

Final point.
    I really like Lucic.  I play devils advocate a lot b/c people always are saying that other guys like moore are garbage players.  Moore is actually a very useful player and may dive a bit and chirp but can play the game and isnt a dirty head hunter and shouldnt be grouped in with Cooke Avery "et al".  We also hated Begin before he became a Bruin.  Then he all of a sudden wasnt dirty anymore, I never liked him and didnt want him on the Bruins, that would be like Lapierre coming here.  I have no problem calling the Bruin players out when I don't like something.  But you mention Lucic's name and its full out assault.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

There are obviously a few rules that have made the PCS jump to the top of the pack. 1. No center ice.  Makes the game faster and players can get a run on. 2. No hold up for dmen.  I know its against the so called rule.  But a 3-5 second hold up isnt that bad.  3. let goalies play the puck and get rid of that stupid area behind the net.  Goalies are players.  4. Gear.  Get rid of the one piece sticks and armour gear.  Soften the elbow pads and shoulder pads.  5. No touch icing. 6. I also would suggest maybe taking 1 fwd position off the starting lineup or possibly going with 10 fwds. 7. Someone(maybe NAS) mentioned that if a player like Gillies is suspended that the NYI have to play minus a fwd. I know a lot of these are obvious but I think its important that they get looked at.  Final point. I really like Lucic.  I play devils advocate a lot b/c people always are saying that other guys like moore are garbage players.  Moore is actually a very useful player and may dive a bit and chirp but can play the game and isnt a dirty head hunter and shouldnt be grouped in with Cooke Avery "et al".  We also hated Begin before he became a Bruin.  Then he all of a sudden wasnt dirty anymore, I never liked him and didnt want him on the Bruins, that would be like Lapierre coming here.  I have no problem calling the Bruin players out when I don't like something.  But you mention Lucic's name and its full out assault.
    Posted by shuperman

So glad to meet someone who hated Begin as well. Never understood why he was here in the first place.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS

I love Marty McSorely and I hated him going through that mess.  He was a true hard nosed player that fought all comers and had enough skill to play the game.
    Bottom line is why is he even trying to slash him in the shoulder.  Its normally on the pants.  But I get what you are saying.

Gillies is garbage and should be in the ECHL somewhere.  he has no skill.  he is a repeat offender and has zero class.  I was only using this as an example which was similar to what Lucic did.  Team mate was hit, he reacts in the heat of the moment.  Clutterbuck is much more known than Moore for his style of play.  Gillies hopefully played his last game in the NHL.  Likely not though.

Lucic and players in todays NHL are so strong its hard to say if he would have hurt someone.  Yes, IF he wanted to hurt him he could have.  That could have been much uglier had Moore turned and faced him. I understand why Lucic was doing it, but it was a meathead move.  And as a repeat offender he needs to be careful.  Last thing we need is for him to be suspended when Horton had the situation under control

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

There are obviously a few rules that have made the PCS jump to the top of the pack. 1. No center ice.  Makes the game faster and players can get a run on. 2. No hold up for dmen.  I know its against the so called rule.  But a 3-5 second hold up isnt that bad.  3. let goalies play the puck and get rid of that stupid area behind the net.  Goalies are players.  4. Gear.  Get rid of the one piece sticks and armour gear.  Soften the elbow pads and shoulder pads.  5. No touch icing. 6. I also would suggest maybe taking 1 fwd position off the starting lineup or possibly going with 10 fwds. 7. Someone(maybe NAS) mentioned that if a player like Gillies is suspended that the NYI have to play minus a fwd. I know a lot of these are obvious but I think its important that they get looked at.  Final point. I really like Lucic.  I play devils advocate a lot b/c people always are saying that other guys like moore are garbage players.  Moore is actually a very useful player and may dive a bit and chirp but can play the game and isnt a dirty head hunter and shouldnt be grouped in with Cooke Avery "et al".  We also hated Begin before he became a Bruin.  Then he all of a sudden wasnt dirty anymore, I never liked him and didnt want him on the Bruins, that would be like Lapierre coming here.  I have no problem calling the Bruin players out when I don't like something.  But you mention Lucic's name and its full out assault.
    Posted by shuperman

Good points ! 
    Not to get off the topic too much but your points above on how the game has changed are dead on.  Imagine the damage a Scott Stevens could do today. Heck, he might have killed someone.
    I can't remember exactly but I think it was on TSN that some of the players are getting it,  respecting one another. 
    I'm certain it was TSN because only McGuire could stick up for a Penguin, Cooke.  Cooke had a Leaf lined up and it looked like instead of sinking a shoulder (or lifting his arm a la Savvy hit) he sided stepped him .
    Then they showed Mike Richards doing something similar ,  he had the player coming in the same way he hit Krejci in the playoffs but he also instead of leaning in with a big hit he put on the breaks.
    Was this all coincidental ?  Maybe just the Cooke one,  he was face to face , maybe he just missed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

too bad gilles gets all the ink for the isles.
    they got some good players

Sections
Shortcuts