Lucic's Response....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lucic's Response....

"You know, we wouldn't accept anything like that," Lucic said. "We would have [taken] care of business. But we're a different team than they are."

Pretty decent example of a major difference between Boston and Buffalo. There's no way the B's would've just stood around after contact like that with our goaltender. I also certainly wouldn't expect TT or Rask to wait until after the game to decide to talk tough. Shameful lack of response during the game from the Sabres. Even Lindy Ruff, in typical fashion, acted like Buffalo would've played tougher had they realized it would be that type of game.....

I thought if it was open season on the goalies, then let's get at it," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said.

Sure Lindy, your team just didn't realize they shouldn't simply lay down. You guys obviously just missed a memo from league HQ's.....that's what these player quotes seem to indicate......

From Gaustad(probably the Sabres toughest player)-

"No, no it wasn't," Gaustad said. "I can do more. I'm embarrassed that we didn't respond the way we should have. It falls on myself. I look at myself first, and I wasn't good enough.

"We didn't push back. There's no reason to be scared. We had to go after it, and we didn't."

...and from Myers( their biggest player)-

"I think all of us can agree, we probably could have gone a little harder in responding to it," Myers said.

So in conclusion, I guess Boston was just lucky that no one told the Sabres that they could act like men. They better be ready for a different Sabres team on the 23rd.........it sounds like they're really mad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Re: Lucic's Response....

The Sabres should be mad....mostly at themselves for not defending their own.

It was a play that deserved a penalty and got one, end of story.

Buffalo could have used it to send a message and, in a way, I guess they did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic's Response....:
    The Sabres should be mad....mostly at themselves for not defending their own. It was a play that deserved a penalty and got one, end of story. Buffalo could have used it to send a message and, in a way, I guess they did.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin

SBrew, you're absolutely right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not only did they not respond after that, half way through the third period with their star goalie not even on the bench they quit. Sorry Shupe but Robin Regher had plenty of oppurtunities to show his new mates what he is made of and chickened out. Literally too, actually shid away from contact with Lucic on several occasions after the incident.
    Now, next time these two teams meet, the Sabres will tey to send a message, it will be too late, they'll spend half the game in the penalty box and lose because of it. This game ws the beginning of the end of the Lindy Ruff era.

in fact the only response I was sure was coming were predictable tears from that fraud Lindy Ruff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not only did they not respond after that, half way through the third period with their star goalie not even on the bench they quit. Sorry Shupe but Robin Regher had plenty of oppurtunities to show his new mates what he is made of and chickened out. Literally too, actually shid away from contact with Lucic on several occasions after the incident. Now, next time these two teams meet, the Sabres will tey to send a message, it will be too late, they'll spend half the game in the penalty box and lose because of it. This game ws the beginning of the end of the Lindy Ruff era. in fact the only response I was sure was coming were predictable tears from that fraud Lindy Ruff.
    Posted by kelvana33

Yes, he certainly followed through on that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

Yep, Nov. 23rd. re-match should be interesting.  Linda Ruff isn't fooling anyone though.  Just keep throwing that punk Kaleta out there Linda.  Just like the rest of your club, he refuses to answer the bell.  You don't have enough tough guys to call up in your organization to "get at it" with the Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yep, Nov. 23rd. re-match should be interesting.  Linda Ruff isn't fooling anyone though.  Just keep throwing that punk Kaleta out there Linda.  Just like the rest of your club, he refuses to answer the bell.  You don't have enough tough guys to call up in your organization to "get at it" with the Bruins.
    Posted by nitch19

Going to strike people as really odd, but hear me out.

I wouldn't dress Thornton for the 23rd.

I think it would be totally humiliating for the Sabres not to have the Bruins dress their cement head.  And let the rough stuff happen, how would they do in fights v. Chara, McQuaid or Lucic?  And it's not like they have a cement head where they win the deal with matching penalties, it's more likely you'd get something like Myers fighting Chara where it would be a wash.

I think beating them in a physical game without Thornton would utterly humiliate them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic's Response.... : Going to strike people as really odd, but hear me out. I wouldn't dress Thornton for the 23rd. I think it would be totally humiliating for the Sabres not to have the Bruins dress their cement head.  And let the rough stuff happen, how would they do in fights v. Chara, McQuaid or Lucic?  And it's not like they have a cement head where they win the deal with matching penalties, it's more likely you'd get something like Myers fighting Chara where it would be a wash. I think beating them in a physical game without Thornton would utterly humiliate them.
    Posted by BadHabitude

it would be funny but if Thornton doesnt dress this game, there really isnt a reason to dress him for any game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic's Response.... : it would be funny but if Thornton doesnt dress this game, there really isnt a reason to dress him for any game.
    Posted by kelvana33

You might be on to something.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

This game ws the beginning of the end of the Lindy Ruff era. in fact the only response I was sure was coming were predictable tears from that fraud Lindy Ruff.
    Posted by kelvana33

You think Lindy will be fired? After this one game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

The B's were ready for the retribution. Lucic, Quaider, Cambell, Boychuk, and certainly Thorton were ready and even challenging the Sabres. Why no response is baffling. They had some guns dressed in Gaustad, Kaleta, McCormick but wanted none of it? Very surprising... Next time they play I'd imagine the first period will be nasty. Easily one of the best games of the season last night. Fun to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You think Lindy will be fired? After this one game?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Read it again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Remember the "revenge" game against Pittsburg?  I wouldn't be shocked to see the same thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Maybe ol Lindy should lace em up and challenge Looch himself. Back in his day it would have been a no brainer

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I think you guys have a valid point in that Buffalo should have responded but the bigger picture is that this hit was a major cheap shot by Lucic.

I am a big Lucic fan and Bruins die-hard, but wrong is wrong. Hard nosed players shouldn't be running over goalies. This isn't much different than the cheap stuff the Canucks did vs the Bruins in the Finals(Rome and Burrows). The Bruins pride themselves on playing the game the way it should be played and they won many fans over across the NHL for being a stand-up group. However, this hit is just the type of thing we would expect from a Canuck or Canadien, not a Bruin.

I'm not giving up on Looch or the team, but I don't want the B's to be that type of team...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Gotta love Looch's innuendo in that statement!  :)

If any Sabres player doesn't think he's calling them a bunch of... young felines... they're not too bright.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Remember the "revenge" game against Pittsburg?  I wouldn't be shocked to see the same thing.
    Posted by DrCC

Yup mentioned this on another thread , Pens-Isles .  Especially if Miller is really hurt.
    I'm sure the league will make sure to have both teams know they're watching.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

To be perfectly honest, I dislike the hit by Lucic. I didn't like his response after the game either. While I don't think it's as big a deal as Ryan Miller made it out to be, I still would like my team to play with integrity and I view that type of charge as lacking in the integrity department. 

Ryan Miller is a gentleman, and a goaltender. He doesn't run his mouth or hit people on the back of the legs with his stick. I don't think you run a goaltender like that.

Whatever though, there are worse things that a player can do, I just don't like my players instigating that kind of crap. Play hockey, check the cheap stuff at the door.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Miller was the initial cause of the scuffles on and off the ice. Lucic simply happened to own him both times.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

To be perfectly honest, I dislike the hit by Lucic. I didn't like his response after the game either. While I don't think it's as big a deal as Ryan Miller made it out to be, I still would like my team to play with integrity and I view that type of charge as lacking in the integrity department.  Ryan Miller is a gentleman, and a goaltender. He doesn't run his mouth or hit people on the back of the legs with his stick. I don't think you run a goaltender like that. Whatever though, there are worse things that a player can do, I just don't like my players instigating that kind of crap. Play hockey, check the cheap stuff at the door.
    Posted by Olsonicator

He sure took a good swing at Lucic with his stick.  He was trying to hurt him in my opinion.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I have mixed emotions on this one.  On the one hand, I like Lucic when he is playing north/south and physical, however it seems like he could have avoided this contact.  If this was Sabre hitting Thomas, I am sure I would be looking for blood.

That said, the thing I really hate is this quote...."You know, we wouldn't accept anything like that," Lucic said. "We would have [taken] care of business. But we're a different team than they are."

In this statement, he almost acknowledges that it was a cheap play, and further calls out the entire team for not responding.  Kaleta is already a few nuggets short of a happy meal, he needs no additional incentive to target one of the B's better players with a cheap shot.  Just keep your yapper shut Looch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

I'm with both Crowls and Olsonic on this one.  I didn't like the hit at the time, I thought it was born out of frustration for booting the breakaway.  The post game comment is simply rubbing their nose in it.  Take the high road boys. 
    That said, I did like the way they responded on the ice. Need to find better ways to become engaged that's all. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

In this statement, he almost acknowledges that it was a cheap play, and further calls out the entire team for not responding.  
    Posted by Crowls2424

exactly.

With you too Scooter, I think it was bush-league.

note: it was stingerjp who pointed it out first in this thread, agree with him too.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

The pussification of this league is a problem.  And it's on Bettman.  Where I come from, you leave the net, you're a player like everyone else
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Where you come from is not where most people play hockey, because this unwritten rule exists at every level.

There is no honor in cheap shotting someone, but whatever, its not that big of a deal. He deserves a 2 minutes penalty for it, nothing more, but it was cowardly.

Sections
Shortcuts