Lucic's Response....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Lucic's Response....

Yup protect the goaltender at all costs, he is defenseless.  All those pads make him vulnerable, they do not skate well, and more prone to concussions because their head gear is not as big as the other players.  Ok it is a rule, Lucic should get a penalty.  Suspension will suit the league in the short run, Lucic will be compared to Chara who then will be lumped into the Cooke category.  The long term affect will be as OatesCam stated, goalies skating in their zones out of harms way.  Now that is not hockey! PCS is serious, but at what point does the so called victim become party to the penalty?  Miller knew it was not Seguin going down the wing. Certainly he knew he got the puck first, then he does not get out of the way as Lucic did not get out of the way!  Who is at fault? Oh well, goalies are like quarterbacks in football now!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Lucic's Response....

Yup, I was absolutely mistaken. My mind was only thinking of the first part of the rule. Lucic absolutely deserved a two minute minor for knocking Miller down.

In Response to Re: Lucic's Response....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic's Response.... : I believe your rulebook reference is mistaken.  Here is a quote and link from the NHL rulebook: "A goalkeeper is not “fair game” just because he is outside the goal crease. The appropriate penalty should be assessed in every case where an attacking player makes unnecessary contact with the goalkeeper. However, incidental contact will be permitted when the goalkeeper is in the act of playing the puck outside his goal crease provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such unnecessary contact. " http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26480
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts