Lundqvist gets extension.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lundqvist gets extension.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/10077638/henrik-lundqvist-new-york-rangers-signed-seven-year-extension

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=438170

Oh I can hear Shupe now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Lundqvist gets extension.

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Oh I can hear Shupe now.

The difference being Rask is just coming into his prime while King Henrik is coming into the backend of his career - $8.5 million a year cap hit until he's 39? He has been great, and he's been the Rangers' MVP for a number of years now, but I have some doubts about this deal, a lot more doubts than I do with the Rask contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is a great deal...

for 29 NHL teams.

How incredibly stupid of the Rangers.  They should have traded this joker for a second liner and a defenseman.  Seven years for a 32 year old goaltender is lunacy.  It may be my new favorite NHL contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think Lundqvist is on the decline

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

A goalie who plays very deep in his net relying on his reflexes can't be a very good 39 year old goalie...After next year, I'd expect to start seeing adecline in his play if we havent already. Add that to a team that can't score, and Lundqvist will be there alot longer than Sather.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think a goalie thread should be started.  Its been exactly as Ive been saying.  Bob injured, Quick injured, Rinne injured, Anderson is a back up, Fleury has been good again, Price is unreal at the moment(i think hes the best in the league), mason has found his game again.  Harding has come out of no where as has Schrivens.   Heck even Henrick is losing ice time.  

As for goalies.  Never would i give this guy this money.  Rask has been outstanding but i also believe a good goalie would put up amazing #s in Boston. 

Big money goalie contracts just are a bad idea.  Especially with how fickle they actually are.  

NAS you still think Semins 7 m per is a good deal.  I think you better revist that one.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It's good to be The King.

Seriously though, anything that hamstrings the Rags cap room long term is fine with me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Wow...that's like Bobby Holik money!! Sather strikes again.

It really does make the Rask contract look good in comparison.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NAS you still think Semins 7 m per is a good deal.  I think you better revist that one.  

[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the bum who put up 44 points in 44 games last year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to the bum who put up 44 points in 44 games last year?

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Yes i am.  brutal contract.  Hes off to another staggering year.  Loser.  Semin not you.  Well sorta you but i like you, which means its ok for me to call you that. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Other than being able to dump Gomez's contract to Montreal for McDonagh, which shows just how stupid Gainey was, Sather is incompetant. Dolan likes him though and that counts alot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I imagine Ryan Miller will now get $10 mil a year for 7 yrs and James Reimer will get $12 mil a year for 7 yrs from some lucky team when he becomes a free agent. Leaky Lou's deal will look like a real bargain here shortly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Once again a contract with ridiculous money and ridiculous term !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Sather steps up to the podium to show everyone once again how much he thanks Wayne for making him look smart (and making him rich), then promptly shoots himself in the foot. Like how many feet does this guy have? If it's a contest in NY to see who can spend the most and look the dummest, then people, "winner, winner, chicken dinner". 

So many GMs must be thanking him every day. If the Owner of a team comes asking why things are so bad, they can always point to NYR and say, "at least I didn't do that!".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think a goalie thread should be started.  Its been exactly as Ive been saying.  Bob injured, Quick injured, Rinne injured, Anderson is a back up, Fleury has been good again, Price is unreal at the moment(i think hes the best in the league), mason has found his game again.  Harding has come out of no where as has Schrivens.   Heck even Henrick is losing ice time.  

As for goalies.  Never would i give this guy this money.  Rask has been outstanding but i also believe a good goalie would put up amazing #s in Boston. 

Big money goalie contracts just are a bad idea.  Especially with how fickle they actually are.  

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/haggerty-rask-deal-looks-bargain

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/haggerty-rask-deal-looks-bargain

[/QUOTE]

The Bruins are 20+ gms in Rasks deal.  i will give my Rask breakdown at seasons end.  As for now he gets an A.  I still hate long term goalie deals.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Shupe, I'm not posting that story to say, "wow, look at how good Rask is". I'm posting it to show you that like it or not, teams pay big dollars for the best goaltenders. It's also to show Rask signed a deal that will see him turn out to be a bargain on the back end of it, not a hinderance. The Bruins signed a guy who's coming into his prime. NYR just spent even more to keep a guy who's likely moving into the decline stage of his career. Not all goalie contracts are the same. It seems you don't think the Bruins even really need great goaltending to have success. I just hope we never have to find out if that's true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Shupe, I'm not posting that story to say, "wow, look at how good Rask is". I'm posting it to show you that like it or not, teams pay big dollars for the best goaltenders. It's also to show Rask signed a deal that will see him turn out to be a bargain on the back end of it, not a hinderance. The Bruins signed a guy who's coming into his prime. NYR just spent even more to keep a guy who's likely moving into the decline stage of his career. Not all goalie contracts are the same. It seems you don't think the Bruins even really need great goaltending to have success. I just hope we never have to find out if that's true.

[/QUOTE]

i know you werent but the facts about my above noted post are impossible to ignore  Long term deals at large money is a bad idea.  Go look at the goalie stats this year.  Rewind to the off season and tell me you would predict it.  blend in injuries to some of the top rated and paid, combined with goalies who had off yrs and now are good again, to those that had great yrs last year and arent playing well this year.  It scares the heck outta me to be honest.  And yes.  I do believe an avg goalie like schrivens would put up stellar numbers in boston.  I also am concerned that Rask has never had a heavy work load in games played.  Lots of groin issues lately. Praying this will avoid Rask.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PS.  We are talking about the rangers.  Its almost as bad as philly.  I sorta understand paying him bc he is without question the face of that franchise.  Never ever would i justify the money bc he hasnt won anything when it matters most.  I swear Girardi makes more saves then the king.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i know you werent but the facts about my above noted post are impossible to ignore  Long term deals at large money is a bad idea.  Go look at the goalie stats this year.  Rewind to the off season and tell me you would predict it.  blend in injuries to some of the top rated and paid, combined with goalies who had off yrs and now are good again, to those that had great yrs last year and arent playing well this year.  It scares the heck outta me to be honest.  And yes.  I do believe an avg goalie like schrivens would put up stellar numbers in boston.  I also am concerned that Rask has never had a heavy work load in games played.  Lots of groin issues lately. Praying this will avoid Rask.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, there's a reason that most teams in the league have a revolving door of goaltenders. The teams who get their hands on a stellar one typically like to hang on to him for as long as possible. There are only a handful of bona fide star goalies in the league and Rask is one of them. Heck, the Bruins are already at a point where you feel like the goaltending let them down last playoffs so why would you ever want to see them take a step back in the crease?

Seasons Greetings

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, there's a reason that most teams in the league have a revolving door of goaltenders. The teams who get their hands on a stellar one typically like to hang on to him for as long as possible. There are only a handful of bona fide star goalies in the league and Rask is one of them. Heck, the Bruins are already at a point where you feel like the goaltending let them down last playoffs so why would you ever want to see them take a step back in the crease?

Seasons Greetings

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

[/QUOTE]

your bonerfide goalies are all gonna be on teams with amazing team defense first structure at which you could replace with the so called second tier goalies and not miss a beat.  im trying to stay off the Rask train and just stick to the facts that i dont like paying goalies big bucks at anytime, especially on long deals.  I would never wanna give a guy more then 4-5 yrs max.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Rick DiPietro still the best contract ever!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:[QUOTE]  I'm posting it to show you that like it or not, teams pay big dollars for the best goaltenders. It's also to show Rask signed a deal that will see him turn out to be a bargain on the back end of it, not a hinderance. The Bruins signed a guy who's coming into his prime. NYR just spent even more to keep a guy who's likely moving into the decline stage of his career. Not all goalie contracts are the same. [/QUOTE]

The essence in the debate really. PC signed a gut in his prime. Even Ken Holland finally has gone away from his theory that all goalies don't get long term deals. He had too keep Howard or he would have list him.

Slats is a joke!

Sections
Shortcuts