Luongo amazes me

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Luongo amazes me

I was watching the awards show this afternoon in which he and Schneider were presented the Jennings Award for the least amount of goals given up this year. They each get a minute to say a few words. Loungo proceeds to thank a few people and drops this..."Thanks Corey, without you I wouldn't have won this award". Really? I know he played 75% of the games but HE didn't win it. THEY won it. Maybe I am nitpicking but this guy thinks the goaltending world revolves around him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Luongo amazes me

I think the behavior of all of the Canucks reflected their recent behavior on the ice frankly.

-Luongo looking aloof, tired, unengaged.
    -Schneider a good sport with youthful energy.
    -Kesler was all business and was unhappy in general, just like the last time we saw him.
    -The Sedins looked like they really didn't care, except for being very satisfied with what they have already accomplished in their careers.

And Alex Burrows was reportedly in the parking lot devouring a raw racoon carcass that had been hit by a car.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

"Thanks Corey, without you I wouldn't have won this award"

I thought the same thing.  Didn't they both win it?  That's why there are 2 trophies?  Right?  I had to check, and Schnieder did indeed play 25 games...

OMG, What a self-centered D*bag Labrongo is...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Feasting on second place soup all day.

Hopefully he doesn't "choke"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The only guy Bobby Lou amazes is himself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

if I were vancouver, and I know Philly is dangling Mike Richards, i offer them Loungo straight up...if I'm Philly I ask for Schneider, but after the the trades I'm seeing Philly would have taken luongo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the guy is a mental midget. as soon as the heat gets turned up, he crumbles. i love it!!!!  BTW, i could have an olympic gold in net, if i had team canada skating in front of me. he just had to NOT LOSE IT for them. HE LOST IT for his team in the cup finals. never liked the guy, never believed in the guy, nothing has happened to change my mind. yeah for TT, HE'S a guy you want to pull for, PERIOD.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Talk about delusional.
    Even after almost single handly losing the Stanley Cup final for Vancouver he still doesn't get it. 
    If I was the Nuckers I'd get rid of this embarrassment pronto. Just when I thought I couldn't detest Luongo anymore! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I'm glad that every single word, syllable and intonation that I say, on national TV, in front of an audience of my peers  isn't broken down and analyzed like the Zapruder film.(don't know about you, but I'd be kinda nervous in that situation, and may be prone to making a slight verbal mis-step)

Geez, why are people looking to crucify someone every waking moment of their lives? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

In Response to Re: Luongo amazes me:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad that every single word, syllable and intonation that I say, on national TV, in front of an audience of my peers  isn't broken down and analyzed like the Zapruder film.(don't know about you, but I'd be kinda nervous in that situation, and may be prone to making a slight verbal mis-step) Geez, why are people looking to crucify someone every waking moment of their lives? 
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I will actually agree with you on this.  Hockey players are not the best when delivering speeches.  Some of them, Timmy last night, can pull off a decent interview but when making a speech sound like they can barely put a sentence together.  During the playoffs Luongo probably said something he shouldn't and then everything snowballed.  Hard to get on him for the one last night, I think he was trying to be gracious to Schneider and giving him the accolades that the kid deserves.  That's just me though and how I read it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad that every single word, syllable and intonation that I say, on national TV, in front of an audience of my peers  isn't broken down and analyzed like the Zapruder film.(don't know about you, but I'd be kinda nervous in that situation, and may be prone to making a slight verbal mis-step) Geez, why are people looking to crucify someone every waking moment of their lives? 

Last time I checked, hockey was a TEAM GAME? Luongo just accidentally proved his self centered egotistical attitude that makes him the biggest overpaid NHL goaltender, next to R. Dipietro.

If I were the Nucks, he'd be gone.

Imagine the Canucks with THomas.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

When it looks like Sh^t; smells like Sh^t & it involves Betty Luo? It's just Bullsh^t! The guy is self centered PERIOD! That's why the Canucks will NEVER win a cup! Their core is self centered; immature & arrogant beyond reason! The look on Kesler's face was priceless when TT & Z brought the cup out! IT MADE MY NITE!! The media kept on calling them Canada's team PWWTTT! That team is a joke! Their heart is to themselves! They're no where NEAR Canada's team! They're a disgrace to Canadian hockey! Get  out of our forum! This is place for fans who cheer for a real hockey team that plays it the way it was meant to be played!! SO GET LOST LOSER ROUTER!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Poor Luongo. No one was there to pump his tires for him at the awards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luongo amazes me : When it looks like Sh^t; smells like Sh^t & it involves Betty Luo? It's just Bullsh^t! The guy is self centered PERIOD! That's why the Canucks will NEVER win a cup! Their core is self centered; immature & arrogant beyond reason! The look on Kesler's face was priceless when TT & Z brought the cup out! IT MADE MY NITE!! The media kept on calling them Canada's team PWWTTT! That team is a joke! Their heart is to themselves! They're no where NEAR Canada's team! They're a disgrace to Canadian hockey! Get  out of our forum! This is place for fans who cheer for a real hockey team that plays it the way it was meant to be played!! SO GET LOST LOSER ROUTER!!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I would ask anyone to read my post, then read yours, and then identify the loser.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luongo amazes me : I would ask anyone to read my post, then read yours, and then identify the loser.
    Your Avatar pretty much sums it up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

2nd place. remember "losing" the finals?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oliver18. Show oliver18's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luongo amazes me : I would ask anyone to read my post, then read yours, and then identify the loser.

Vancouver was the loser, ...didn't you watch?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luongo amazes me : Vancouver was the loser, ...didn't you watch?
    Posted by oliver18[/QUOTE]

Everybody else is a selfcentred, classless, gutless loser!!
    The Bruins have a monopoly on integrety, fairplay and now speech writing.
    God, I hope it`s another 40 years before you win again!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

I'm a Bruins fan since '74 so of course am still repeating the phrase "Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins" to my friends who root for other teams—but they know, and I know, it's all in fun.

But the vitriol in some of these posts is out of hand. Look at how TT responded to Luongo in the handshake line; look at how he gave him props at the awards ceremony. Besides, Luongo will have to deal with his swallowing cotton in the finals for the whole summer and all of next season. Lots of people here are just piling on. Good sportsmanship is never out of style.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In Response to Luongo amazes me:
    [QUOTE]I was watching the awards show this afternoon in which he and Schneider were presented the Jennings Award for the least amount of goals given up this year. They each get a minute to say a few words. Loungo proceeds to thank a few people and drops this..."Thanks Corey, without you I wouldn't have won this award". Really? I know he played 75% of the games but HE didn't win it. THEY won it. Maybe I am nitpicking but this guy thinks the goaltending world revolves around him.
    Posted by logeseats[/QUOTE]

Not only that, he did say something like..."Corey will be a Great starting Goaltender in the league...Someday!!"  I would say Corey will be a great starting goaltender next season ...in Vancouver!!  Too cocky Lou, too cocky!!!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Thank, felixwas.

If you go back and read some of my posts from games 5-6-7, you may recall that I was hoping that fans would follow the example of players, and congratulate the opposing team, regardless of the result, in the handshake lineup following the completion of gm 7. 

Many fans here have done so, you know who you are, and I appreciate the opportunity to partake in rational conversation about the sport that we all love so much. 

Other fans have shown significantly less maturity (sadly, they may not know who they are, self-awareness not being a typical trait), and to them, I paraphrase my posting on a different thread:  The season is over.  Your team won.  Let the vitriol go. 

However, I do realize that this is "your" site for talking about the Bruins. So, if the more rational of you would prefer that I quit posting (I refuse to take advice from ranters), then I will leave;  though I must say that I have enjoyed the respectful discussion from knowledgeable fans on this site.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nix02061. Show nix02061's posts

[QUOTE]Thank, felixwas. If you go back and read some of my posts from games 5-6-7, you may recall that I was hoping that fans would follow the example of players, and congratulate the opposing team, regardless of the result, in the handshake lineup following the completion of gm 7.  Many fans here have done so, you know who you are, and I appreciate the opportunity to partake in rational conversation about the sport that we all love so much.  Other fans have shown significantly less maturity (sadly, they may not know who they are, self-awareness not being a typical trait), and to them, I paraphrase my posting on a different thread:  The season is over.  Your team won.  Let the vitriol go.  However, I do realize that this is "your" site for talking about the Bruins. So, if the more rational of you would prefer that I quit posting (I refuse to take advice from ranters), then I will leave;  though I must say that I have enjoyed the respectful discussion from knowledgeable fans on this site.

Honestly not sure if you are aware, the boards allow you to ignore some posters.  Let me tell you how much I love that function....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luongo amazes me : Your Avatar pretty much sums it up.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

49-North is a troll, but he's one that I welcome on this board. He actually comes to talk hockey and he knows what he's talking about, unlike some people on this board (cactus, lucaooo, I'm looking at you two)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Luongo amazes me : 49-North is a troll, but he's one that I welcome on this board. He actually comes to talk hockey and he knows what he's talking about, unlike some people on this board (cactus, lucaooo, I'm looking at you two)
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Just because 49 is a 'nucks fan does not make him a troll.  There are trolls on this site that are Bruins fans.  A troll is someone who will post something to provoke other posters - they are "trolling" for the responses they get. 

People who are genuinely looking to discuss hockeyin a respectful manner are not trolls

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]Thank, felixwas. If you go back and read some of my posts from games 5-6-7, you may recall that I was hoping that fans would follow the example of players, and congratulate the opposing team, regardless of the result, in the handshake lineup following the completion of gm 7.  Many fans here have done so, you know who you are, and I appreciate the opportunity to partake in rational conversation about the sport that we all love so much.  Other fans have shown significantly less maturity (sadly, they may not know who they are, self-awareness not being a typical trait), and to them, I paraphrase my posting on a different thread:  The season is over.  Your team won.  Let the vitriol go.  However, I do realize that this is "your" site for talking about the Bruins. So, if the more rational of you would prefer that I quit posting (I refuse to take advice from ranters), then I will leave;  though I must say that I have enjoyed the respectful discussion from knowledgeable fans on this site.

You're more than welcome, just don't think that you're going to change anyone's mind on any player for another team. Argue, debate, and discuss hockey. You're just not going to convince posters here to take the high road and support Luongo, the Sedins, Lapierre, or Burrows. I find it funny how Rafi Torres, who most hate, wasn't even the villian in that series. 

But don't just come on to defend Nucks because people don't want to hear it and you're not going to convince people to not trash Luongo and the twins. Come and discuss something other than Nucks trashing posts.

Great series, great run for the Nucks (tough one too). TT, Chara, Krejic, Bergeron and Marchand were just too much for the Nucks to handle.

Sections
Shortcuts