Luongo, Luongo, Luongo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Luongo, Luongo, Luongo

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Haha. Your on to something here. We could get Luongo,Fleury,Thomas and Bryzgalov to sit down with Dr. Drew or Dr. Phil and put this on TV....Then, much like when shows dip in ratings we could follow suit and add another character like Scrappy-Doo, Oliver (Brady Bunch) Seven (Married With Children)...However we will be adding SoxFanInIl after the Bruins blow a third period lead to this group session. This is must see TV.

I like this.  The screen shot will be divided between Dr. Drew and all those mentioned.  He'll then look straight into the camera and say "I'd like to add someone else to our panel.  Please welcome Communist Contrarian."  Yeah, I know, kel.  CLICK!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to 49-North's comment:

I think Lu will be highly motivated to show that he is the #1 choice for Team Canada in Sochi. The prospect of two straight gold medals is definitely a goal to strive for.  And for him to wearing that red jersey in February, he's going to have to put up solid numbers for the Canucks.  

49, have you heard anything regarding how Gillis has seemingly managed to dodge the ire of fans and the watchful glare of management for not only the Luongo situation but also for the Canucks' failure to progress to at least the degree they did in 2011? 

Prior to Brian Burke being fired just days after the end of the lockout, there was a lot of media talk about this past season being his make-or-break season.  Anything like that developing out there?

After firing AV, trading CS and hiring Torts, I would say that the heat is definitely on MG.  If these moves don't produce, then the next logical step is to fire the boss.  There has been a fair amount of Gillis' player movement anthologies going on in the press, and a lot of it hasn't been good -- Ballard, Roy, Hodgson, and now Schneider/Luongo.  The lack of prospect depth has been a direct result of trading away picks for rental players who haven't turned out to be effective in any way, so yes, I'd say that Gillis is on the hot seat now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

After firing AV, trading CS and hiring Torts, I would say that the heat is definitely on MG.  If these moves don't produce, then the next logical step is to fire the boss.  There has been a fair amount of Gillis' player movement anthologies going on in the press, and a lot of it hasn't been good -- Ballard, Roy, Hodgson, and now Schneider/Luongo.  The lack of prospect depth has been a direct result of trading away picks for rental players who haven't turned out to be effective in any way, so yes, I'd say that Gillis is on the hot seat now.

Do you think Gillis canned Vigneault to deflect some of the heat away from his own behind or was a coaching change needed?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Do you think Gillis canned Vigneault to deflect some of the heat away from his own behind or was a coaching change needed?

When AV was fired, and I'd be talking about it with my friends, the overwhelming comment was "the problem's not the coaching".  That was the initial gut reaction.  As time went on, a lot of dicussion turned to things like "AV ran a country-club atmosphere", "AV was hands-off, and let his senior leadership group handle a lot of stuff".  

So, perhaps the truth is somewhere in between.  MG figured that the fans/media were demanding some sort of change, so he figures "better him than me", and cans AV.  On the other hand, AV wasn't able to use the '11 Finals to springboard the team to greater heights, and in fact showed serious signs of regressing, so perhaps it's time for a change.

In my opinion, there are elements of self-preservation on MG's part, and elements of a locker room in need of some shake-up in the move.

As I said previously, though, this will define the next 2 yrs for MG.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

To echo what 49 said, all of the Canucks fans I hang out with said Gillis should have been fired, not AV. That's changed a bit over time and now it's "They both should have been canned".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Luongo, Fleury, Thomas, Bryzgalov....

Does anyone dispute that goalies are just weird?

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And it seems sometimes that the better they are, the weirder they are (though that doesn't apply to Bryz) Roy talking to his posts, Hall vomitting before every game, Dryden quitting in his prime, Sawchuk's drunken ranting. Brodeur probably talks to his dead dog or something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Luongo, Fleury, Thomas, Bryzgalov....

Does anyone dispute that goalies are just weird?

Are you not entertained?!?!

Yea, yea, yea...up yours Book! lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Gilles Lupen holds Gillis responsible for the Luongo situation.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/luongo-parts-ways-with-long-time-agent-in-pursuit-of-new-hope/article13447144/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from srp204. Show srp204's posts

You can't blame the Schneider trade on Gillis, according to the rumours Kessler was doing the nasty with Corey's wife and it was forced on the team.To say the canucks locker room is a problem is an understatement. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

never liked Louongo, but you have to admit, some of his tweets are pretty funny. If you dont follow him on twitter you should start purely for entertainment. @strombone1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

over under on games before torts says somebody stinks?

Sections
Shortcuts