Luongo or Schneider?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Luongo or Schneider?

Luongo has played well of late, and a triumphant return to his house of horrors would go a long way in building his game back up, but what if he gets shelled? Almost a two steps back scenario. Do they take the safe route and start Schneider, knowing the risk and realizing Luongo is going to get heckled.

If it were me, I'd play him. If they are going anywhere this year theyre going to have to find out where he is now, not in June when he's battling himself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Re: Luongo or Schneider?

I will be there Saturday and plan to heckle Loungoal. If they don't play him I plan to heckle him even more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FUhabs. Show FUhabs's posts

I'm pretty sure Roberta will start, but on extreme short leash just like his last start in Boston in the SCF...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Loungo just recently lost too LA (goal starved) and Calgary (uh yah). Then Roberta gets a shutout against one of the worse offensive teams in the NHL after letting up 3 goals on 21 shots versus Edmonton not impressed whatsoever by slick as his recent supposed great play is a sham invented by the Canadian media.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

So we have our answer now....."985TheSportsHub: Sorry Bruins fans, Cory Schneider will start in new for the Canucks tomorrow, NOT Roberto Luongo..."

I for one will still be giving Bobby Lu a derisive "Loungooooo" chant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Luongo or Schneider?:
    So we have our answer now....."985TheSportsHub: Sorry Bruins fans, Cory Schneider will start in new for the Canucks tomorrow, NOT Roberto Luongo.. ." I for one will still be giving Bobby Lu a derisive "Loungooooo" chant.
    Posted by logeseats

Yeah...I just heard that too and posted it on a different thread.  Incredible. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

What the hell with the opposing teams putting in back up goalies against our bruins. Go ahead just keeping slapping the bruins in the face and pee them off even more.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not surprising... Why would AV start him? In his last 3 games in Boston, he was shelled. Hopefully the Bruins can light up Schneider early and force AV to put in Lou.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Not surprising... Why would AV start him? In his last 3 games in Boston, he was shelled. Hopefully the Bruins can light up Schneider early and force AV to put in Lou.
    Posted by red75

Because if I were a competitive athlete, I'd be chomping at the bit for a chance of some redemption. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Luongo or Schneider? : Because if I were a competitive athlete, I'd be chomping at the bit for a chance of some redemption. 
    Posted by jalvis

But it's not about Lou, it's about winning the game. AV has to make the call as to whom he think gives his squad the best shot. I'd say given past performances, that's Schneider. It doesn't matter what Lou thinks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Luongo or Schneider? : But it's not about Lou, it's about winning the game. AV has to make the call as to whom he think gives his squad the best shot. I'd say given past performances, that's Schneider. It doesn't matter what Lou thinks.
    Posted by red75

I don't entirely think that's the most important element of tomorrow's game.  Luongo's their #1 guy -who just pitched a shutout last time out.  If they were to face the B's in the Finals again are they going to sit Roberta in Boston if he's been cruising through the playoffs for a guy who hasn't played in almost 2 months?  That's a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

I think it's better for the team going forward that they prove that they can succeed in Boston WITH Luongo.  Him riding the pine isn't going to do that. 

This isn't a conference or divisional game.  Therefore, the 2 points aren't as important as another game against SJ or DET might be.    Luongo ATTEMPTING to get over his fear of Boston is important, IMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Luongo or Schneider? : I don't entirely think that's the most important element of tomorrow's game.  Luongo's their #1 guy -who just pitched a shutout last time out.  If they were to face the B's in the Finals again are they going to sit Roberta in Boston if he's been cruising through the playoffs for a guy who hasn't played in almost 2 months?  That's a recipe for disaster if you ask me. I think it's better for the team going forward that they prove that they can succeed in Boston WITH Luongo.  Him riding the pine isn't going to do that.  This isn't a conference or divisional game.  Therefore, the 2 points aren't as important as another game against SJ or DET might be.    Luongo ATTEMPTING to get over his fear of Boston is important, IMO.
    Posted by jalvis

I can see your point, but what if they start Lou and he gets shelled again? Wouldn't that just make matters worse?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Luongo or Schneider? : I can see your point, but what if they start Lou and he gets shelled again? Wouldn't that just make matters worse?
    Posted by red75

For tomorrow?  YES! 

But at least they will know for sure that he can't handle it here.  Then they can  adjust their thinking about it going forward. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Maybe Luongo can take a Media Relations course at Simmons College while in Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

according to TSN, it will be schneids in net

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Honestly, it just proves to me (and probably a bunch of Vancouverites as well) that they still view Bobby Lou Who as mentally fragile and can't stand the heat in the kitchen, and are sending the message that they need to keep his tires pumped. Honestly, if he deemed himself a true competitor he would have stormed into Vigneault's office and said that there is no way on earth Schneider starts that game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

If it was the coaches decision not to play Luongo and If I were Luongo I would be demanding I play. I would flip out so much I would pull a patrick roy and go to the gm or owner and demand they trade me if they don't play me. I think Luongo is probably relieved and happy he doesn't have to play in the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I don't get it either. Schneider has played maybe 1 game in 2 weeks. Surely against one of the best teams in the league you want to play your best goalie. And if Lou is as mentally fragile as he seems isn't it better to be in the action than stewing on the sidelines?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Why play Schneider?
    Easy.  That's their next excuse, after the start time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Its best case scenario....I hope the Bruins smoke Schnieder in the first so that they start the second with luongo and he gets smoked too!!! That would be sweet!!  Yes, the Luongo chant HAS to start at the drop of the puck even if he is on the bench, thats just classic!!!!

In saying that, I think that Schnieder is a better goaltender and I got a feeling that we won't be scoring 9 tomorrow....but one can always hope....GO BRUINS!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'd normally agree with Red's assertion that AV needs to go with the guy who gives them the best shot no matter what, but this isn't a normal game. Luongo's mental stability long-term is a factor, and the team's confidence is a factor. They can downplay it all they want, but this one is a statement game for both franchises and both fan bases. Rolling out Schneider makes the statement that Lou can't win in Boston. Period. And the only way to prove that statement wrong is to play Lou and for him to win with a solid game.

So unless they plan to start Schneider in the playoffs, Vancouver has already made a decision that shows weakness and lack of faith in their supposed #1. Say it's just another game, but the Canucks fans will pile on this like a ton of bricks, and that pressure will start to mount. Normally that pressure doesn't come until Luongo stinks up the joint in the 1st round, but because of this decision it will start early this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

According to my fellow Vancouverites, Schneider is getting the start because he's a Boston College boy, and he can play in front of his family and friends in a non-playoff game. I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but if it's to give a Boston boy a chance to play at home... well, that's hard to jump on. He's a BC grad from Marblehead, with 30 family members coming to the game tomorrow... yeah, give him the start.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sndeane. Show sndeane's posts

I think it's a logical move, might even be pretty smart.

Obviously, the players are hyped for revenge.  For the fans, it's the biggest game of the season so far.  However, Vigneault is treating this game for what it is... a non conference game in January.  He's tempering the excitement a little, and it's a logical move. 

That all being said, Luongo should be howling to start this game if there is the slightest bit of competitive edge in his body.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

According to my fellow Vancouverites, Schneider is getting the start because he's a Boston College boy, and he can play in front of his family and friends in a non-playoff game. I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but if it's to give a Boston boy a chance to play at home... well, that's hard to jump on. He's a BC grad from Marblehead, with 30 family members coming to the game tomorrow... yeah, give him the start.
    Posted by red75

There is that although it's tough to see the Bruins starting someone just cos he has family and friends coming to the game. You should simply start the guy you think is going to give you the best chance to win. Then again, maybe that's what AV is doing by going with Schneider which leaves a huge question mark over Luongo's long term future...

Then again it could all be a big bluff and they are planning to start Lou all along.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I think putting him on the bench is worse than actually starting him.  He will be heckled thruout the game and I'm sure someone will try to dump a beer on him.  The Canucks are telling the entire NHL their "elite" goalie is fragile and can't show up for the big games.  What a joke move!

Sections
Shortcuts