Luongo to report to camp when/if there is one..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Luongo to report to camp when/if there is one..

Isn't that nice of him. I wonder if this is viewed as good news in Nuks land.

49, your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Luongo to report to camp when/if there is one..

He wants Florida but Florida does not want his contract and have goalies in their system.

Again his best bet would be Toronto. Maybe they make the playoffs and Luongo is looked at like a hero. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What would The Leafs have to give up to get Luongo?

Not some chump change, but I would think a big piece of the lineup.  Not Kessel or Phaneuf (although I think Phaneuf for Luongo straight up would be a great deal for the Leafs), but they wouldn't be able to get him for a 2nd round pick and a bum like Komiserak.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

What would The Leafs have to give up to get Luongo?

Not some chump change, but I would think a big piece of the lineup.  Not Kessel or Phaneuf (although I think Phaneuf for Luongo straight up would be a great deal for the Leafs), but they wouldn't be able to get him for a 2nd round pick and a bum like Komiserak.

the asking price for Luongo keeps going down.  See what happened to CBJ with Nash when you wait too long.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think it's a matter of what Van wants in return, in fact, i think they'd pretty much give him away if they could. Trouble is, Toronto may be trying to get Van to get a contract of their hands as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Again his best bet would be Toronto. Maybe they make the playoffs and Luongo is looked at like a hero.

You think Loungo could help Toronto into the playoffs or a last piece to the puzzle to get them over the hump ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Florida should say no to Luongo and bank on Markstrom developing into a number 1.

I think it's kind of funny how he wants to be traded but no one seem to want him. Maybe someone will be desperate enough come the deadline.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I don't think it's a matter of what Van wants in return, in fact, i think they'd pretty much give him away if they could. Trouble is, Toronto may be trying to get Van to get a contract of their hands as well.

He's still a bona fide #1 goalie and they are in short supply.  About half the teams in the NHL need one of those.

If you're the Flyers, Bryz or Luongo?  I would bet Roberto would play better than Bryz in Philadelphia.  

Sure they want to dump him, but I see no reason to dump him cheap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

You think Loungo could help Toronto into the playoffs or a last piece to the puzzle to get them over the hump ?

Not just Luongo, Burke has and will make this team better.  It's bound to happen, at least make the playoffs.  Leaf fans are the types to say it was due to Luongo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He wants Florida but Florida does not want his contract and have goalies in their system.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps BsL but I think I heard Burke last week expressing his confidence in Reimer as his Number 1.  At least publically anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

He's still a bona fide #1 goalie and they are in short supply.  About half the teams in the NHL need one of those.

If you're the Flyers, Bryz or Luongo?  I would bet Roberto would play better than Bryz in Philadelphia.  

Sure they want to dump him, but I see no reason to dump him cheap.

I think Luongo is damaged goods. If he went to Toronto expectations would be high and we wouldnt have nearly as good a team in front of him, let alone his struggles latley.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Perhaps BsL but I think I heard Burke last week expressing his confidence in Reimer as his Number 1.  At least publically anyway.

He also said he'll still look, or consider if the right offer comes along. And Reimer has said it doesn't bother him that Burke may bring someone in. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Good news for the Bs.  Bump.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In the end, I think most Canuck fans simply want to see the whole ordeal over with, even if RL goes for a package of prospects and picks.

Interesting the situation that the two starting goalies of the 2011 Cup Final find themselves in now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Well one of the situations could have been avoided. The RL issue was long time coming, TT sank his own boat.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yah Roberto is damaged goods, but it's a situation that can turn itself around into a feel good story.

I think if I'm the Canucks there's no reason to ditch him on the cheap

BadHab, except that they have a boat load of cash tied up in goalies.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

RL is still a darn good goalie...he played best when getting lots of shots in Florida.  He has had a few bad playoffs endings and the fans in his own barn cant stand him.  Why on earth did they ever give him the "C".  He's a top caliber goalie in a terrible situation.  If the Nuks could get a pick and Komi I think it helps both teams.   I actually think he would do well in Toronto.  And yes I do think he would be the piece that puts them into the playoffs...they have fallen shory a few times by a few wins and yes I believe he can steal a few wins in a season.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

RL is still a darn good goalie...he played best when getting lots of shots in Florida.  He has had a few bad playoffs endings and the fans in his own barn cant stand him.  Why on earth did they ever give him the "C".  He's a top caliber goalie in a terrible situation.  If the Nuks could get a pick and Komi I think it helps both teams.   I actually think he would do well in Toronto.  And yes I do think he would be the piece that puts them into the playoffs...they have fallen shory a few times by a few wins and yes I believe he can steal a few wins in a season.

He still couldn't get the Panthers into the playoffs and he would be hard pressed to do the same for the Leafs, although Carlyle is a more defensive oriented coach. The Leaf D-men on the other hand are not as defensively oriented. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Very, very good point Shupe. He was better when he faced more shots. I don't think he's a top caliber goalie right now, and I'm not sure Toronto is the place for him. He'd face more shots but also alot of pressure on a team that isnt that good. In the right situation though, I could see him returning to form.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

He still couldn't get the Panthers into the playoffs and he would be hard pressed to do the same for the Leafs, although Carlyle is a more defensive oriented coach. The Leaf D-men on the other hand are not as defensively oriented. 

Florida was and still is terrible.  Vancouver prior to Lou wasn't a great squad either.  Since Lou's arrival they have been favorites and reached a game 7 of a Cup final.  I know he has shouldered the blame for this but he isn't the problem in my eyes.  I still consider him a world class talent between the pipes.  He will win you a lot more games then he loses.  And in Toronto the goalies were losing games for the club.  The Leafs have a pretty decent crew of dmen.  Randy C runs a very tight ship defensively based around a strong goalie. 
    The pressure in Leaf land would be massive.  But I think if he wants to salt his reputation as being a top notch goalie he would accept a trade there.  His numbers and accomplishments are very note worthy and can be compared with the top goalies of the last 5 plus years. He has just failed to win a cup.  Helping the Leafs make the playoffs would turn him into a god and he would regain the confidence that he has lost for some reason.  Confidence is a wonderful thing.  No one can question his talent or numbers as a top end goalie.

I would agree that Loungo is definitely a top goalie in the NHL. Aside from the games in Boston where the B's were jacked-up (yea, I said it lol) and that game 7 he played VERY well and kept the puck out of his net. I think his downfall was the "that's an easy save for me" comment. He embarassed himself and then the backdraft from that took him off his game. His game became scrutinized and he couldn't take the added pressure. If he went to Toronto I'd be much less enthusiastic about playing against them.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I would agree that Loungo is definitely a top goalie in the NHL. Aside from the games in Boston where the B's were jacked-up (yea, I said it lol) and that game 7 he played VERY well and kept the puck out of his net. I think his downfall was the "that's an easy save for me" comment. He embarassed himself and then the backdraft from that took him off his game. His game became scrutinized and he couldn't take the added pressure. If he went to Toronto I'd be much less enthusiastic about playing against them.

You basically just said he had a very good 7 games series except for four of the games.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

He also said he'll still look, or consider if the right offer comes along. And Reimer has said it doesn't bother him that Burke may bring someone in. 

All true.  One thing's for sure.  Leaf goaltenders won't have the highly-regarded Francois Allaire as their goalie coach.

Maple Leafs: GM Brian Burke blasts Francois Allaire

•  
    Sections
    Shortcuts