Lupul Suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lupul Suspension

Lupul given 2 games for late and high hit on T-Bay's Hedman who already has concussion history. Lupul claims it was an accidental collision. I call LIAR on that one. Thoughts?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=661416&navid=nhl:topheads

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Lupul Suspension

Definitely targeted Hedmans melon and even raised his elbow/arm to make contact, first time offender so 2 games is a good start. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I was just in the process of posting this....lol!

Bud fans in arms over this:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418715

Apparently he tried the same hit on Kane a few days ago against the Jets so it may be hard for him to argue against pre-meditation....2 games is enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I was just in the process of posting this....lol!

Bud fans in arms over this:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418715

Apparently he tried the same hit on Kane a few days ago against the Jets so it may be hard for him to argue against pre-meditation....2 games is enough.

I don't think 2 games is enough,for him or anyone,it's not a enough to stop you from doing it again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I don't think 2 games is enough,for him or anyone,it's not a enough to stop you from doing it again.

It was his first offense and Hedman wasn't injured on the play so 2 seems fair to me. Next time, however........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It was his first offense and Hedman wasn't injured on the play so 2 seems fair to me. Next time, however........

I don't disagree with that notion JM but I really hate the punishments being tied to results. Too easy for Hedman to be concussed on that play. I'd be livid if Bergeron or Horton was at the receiving end of that hit. It actually looked a bit too much like Cooke on Savard for my liking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I don't disagree with that notion JM but I really hate the punishments being tied to results. Too easy for Hedman to be concussed on that play. I'd be livid if Bergeron or Horton was at the receiving end of that hit. It actually looked a bit too much like Cooke on Savard for my liking.

So do I Dez but I would rather Shanahan pick a methodology and stick with it. Consistency is, to me, most important of all. If the number of games is tied to injury then so be it a slong as we can count on that measurement every time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I don't no i just don't think the suppensions the NHL gives are enough,maybee they need to punish the team more.don't no how,fines won't work,but there has to be something,maybee just me i don't no but i hate head shots.Still think a lot of it is the equipment,make players where equipment they did 20yrs ago

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Remember Tom "Sink hole" Sestito got nothing for his hit on Horton. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

So do I Dez but I would rather Shanahan pick a methodology and stick with it. Consistency is, to me, most important of all. If the number of games is tied to injury then so be it a slong as we can count on that measurement every time.

I guess I mostly hate the idea of a guy being suspended for a ridiculous amount of times for a real accident. Also, what appens if Hedman starts to experience symptoms later in the week. It's not all that uncommon.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I guess I mostly hate the idea of a guy being suspended for a ridiculous amount of times for a real accident. Also, what appens if Hedman starts to experience symptoms later in the week. It's not all that uncommon.

Very true and, considering his concussion history, I would not be entirely surprised if this did happen.

Sections
Shortcuts