Luxury

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Luxury

I am really hoping now there is silence of any trades. Lets be honest with ourselves guys at this point any trade would be just simply a luxury. Lets finally dispell any thoughts that we need to trade Boychuk to start he is not going anywhere and is going to get a contract extension. Frankly I am not sure if they can resign all of the players on this team for next year but it needs to stay exactly the way that it is. Even Corvo is on the leader board for plus minus which is littered with Bruins from back to front. Every player is contributing. They will resign Thorton for sure now the way he is playing and if he keeps it up. Chris Kelly with the A on his jersey is not going anywhere. There is no trade bait on this team. Even Pou is payed off and we have good prospects as well. I am struggling to see wanting to see anyone go and Hamilton will have to be incredible to move up next year which is reported will happened. Simply any changes will be a luxury and being able to keep all these guys together for the next few years assures many cups to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Luxury

i hope your incorrect about boychuk, weak link on the team (which isn't really meant to bash him, but if we could upgrade one thing it would be a top 4 D)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

There should be no messing with the obvious chemistry this group has. Chia isn't stupid, if anything happens it will be very minor. If we have a weakness on D what's with the other teams in the league? Don't we have the fewest goals allowed?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Agree - no trades necessary though a young top 4 d is on everyone's wish list.

I would be surprised to see Corvo and Thorton back next year.

Thorton has done everything asked of him but the game has / is changing and they need to make a spot for Caron who brings a physical element with more upside offensively. 

In any event i would be surprised if all three of Paille, Thorton, and Pouliot are brought back.

At some point salary cap will be an issue and Corvo will be looking for more.

I would rather see Boychuk signed than Corvo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Who is Thorton? Is he on the same line with Sequin? We can't keep everyone, so speculation as to who goes is always refreshing. Corvo, Pouliot, Paille, and Boychuk are playing well but are (to use Parcell's term) JAGS. We forget that other teams may offer more  for these guys than PC wants to pay for the roles they fill. We definitely need a depth D-man. Kampfer and Bartkowski are not ready for that role-at least not in a playoff run. Hamill has stepped up as a depth forward but he is also an RFA and needs to have his future with the team decided. Being a GM isn't as easy as just re-signing everyone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I don't think Paille or Thornton's stock have gone up necessarily. And contrary to popular belief, neither has Pouliot's.
    Thornton would absolutely take the veteran minimum to stay in Boston and probably wouldn't mind letting other guys get their playing time and to just be the 13th man. He was actually very solid last night.
    Paille is a perfect 4th liner. I would never want him to leave this team.
    Pouliot may score more goals this year, but not a substantially higher amount. He may come close to matching his point total from last year (30). He was also a + player last year for a Montreal team that didn't have many of those.

A lot of who they re-sign also has to do with the development of some of their prospects, mainly Hamilton, Knight, Spooner, Koko, Arniel and Sauve.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I agree that they shouldn't do anything this season unless there are some injuries.  It's tough to improve on what we are doing right now -- highest scoring, best defense, full team game -- so I don't really see the need to risk the chemistry this group has to see if we can upgrade on Boychuck or anybody else for that matter.

For those of us who keep saying we need a young top 4 D-man, lets not forget that we have Dougie coming up the pipeline and he should fill that slot just fine.  If you bring in another high end D, you are just creating cap issues down the line because you can't afford to pay three really good defenseman and maintain the offensive depth that makes us so good.  Really, the same goes for forwards.

I think in the off season who goes and who stays will depend on the raises that they are asking for.  Guys like Paille, Campbell, Thornton, Pouliot, and Boychuck I think we would all like to keep for the right price.  However, if they are looking for big raises -- the type that would upset the teams ability to maintain the depth they had, then theyare as good as gone.

That's just the reality in the cap era.  We have our Bergerons, Marchands, Lucics and Seguins who will get their raises as the time comes but I think the majority of the other guys get shipped out if they ask for big raises, in which case we start to bring up some youth to fill those holes.

My top 5 expendable list (not til the season is over): Horton, Paille, Thorton, Ferrence, Corvo

Is Horton signed for another year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Luxury:
    [QUOTE]i hope your incorrect about boychuk, weak link on the team (which isn't really meant to bash him, but if we could upgrade one thing it would be a top 4 D)
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

Okay so we trade Boychuk , who plays in his place ? Kampfer ?  You think for as UFA the Bruins will get another D better than Boychuk ?

With the way the team has been (is) playing , with roster they have ,  is there space to make a trade ?  Upset the chemistry ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Was talking to my dad about this last night. Chia's got cap room to add a guy before the end of the year, but unless the Bruins win the cup again there will be critics.

If they loose and he didn't use the cap space available this year, people will complain that he should've used the money to improve player X,Y,Z

If they loose and he did use the cap space to pick up a player, people will complain that he broke the chemistry.

I'm honestly divided on this. Can we get better?Hard to say. they've been the best team, and most complete team in the league. But I can see them improving their D.
    Chia is a smart man, and i'm sure he's got all his salary forecasting in place for years to come.

Keep it up B's, keep making us proud , and keep the habs fans mouth shut.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

All of these comments are right on the money, as this team is playing together [chemistry] and doing very well as evidenced last night where NJ rookie D Larsson [sp.?] had a bit of schooling from Bergie and others. However, putting on the dream hats, as so many here do, with the Ducks in panic mode, what about a swap of Bobby Ryan for Nathan Horton? might have to add in some sweeteners like Hamill who has shown that he can play in the NHL, and the western conference might be better for his finesse game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would try Eric Staal ...for Horton + Hamill

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

[QUOTE]I would try Eric Staal ...for Horton + Hamill Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Staal is going no where. Rutherford has made it clear he wants to rebuild around Staal, Skinner, and Ward.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't want Hamill traded. I would like to see him get a shot to stick on the B's as 13th forward right now. He has impressed me far more than Caron. No offense to Caron.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

[QUOTE]I would try Eric Staal ...for Horton + Hamill Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Now that is a trade scenario that actually makes sense...I like that one. Accept again he is a center..and he would have to move to winger. As long as Kelly gets resigned..I would be happy. Thorty is a fan favorite and hard to move. Paille is cheap. Pou will be cheap but expendable. But no one will be more expendable than Horton right now. If anyone could not stay and could even be replaced this year even it would be Horton. I would not mind a trade for Horton for someone productive but replacing any of our defense even Corvo right now is DUMB...they are playing to well to mess with it. We are only lacking on one place on ice and it is so funny becuase i preached it from the begining. We needed a winger for Krejci and Lucic. A proven veteran goal scorer. Kind of funny how that came full circle but it is all still luxury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

This team doesn't need any UPgrading.  It does however need some depth insurance for another long Stanley Cup run.  We were very lucky last year with the low number of back-end injuries sustained.  I can't see this happening again.  We have lots of depth coverage up front (see all the names listed above).  But what happens when Chara or Seids (or both *gasp*), go down for a long period of time?  I'm not comfortable with Kamfer - and I don't even know who would be next after him... I think PC will aquire a depth D-man at the deadline.  End of tinkering.

Sections
Shortcuts