M. Ryder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

M. Ryder

The Fourth Peroid.com has reported the Bruins have looked into getting Mr, Ryder back to help their 3rd line and continue to inquire about Daniel Alfredson for help. PC is not happy with his 3rd line production and will make a move to improve that line and also help the PP.

The Bruins should inquire help in the Phyiscal part of their game since Shawn Thornton has fallen off somewhat since his concussion issues and the Bruins have not been one of the tougher teams as they have in the past few seasons because of this and it seems to have hurt their goal production.

The Bruins with losing Thortons toughness and a small Chris Bourque not producing on the 3rd line have made the Bruins a good two line team. This is not good enough to beat a good Blackhawks team in a 7 game series for the cup. This seems the way it is going right now.

The stats don't show it but the Bruins are the best team in the East and if they make the proper ajustments they can win it all. The PP and the 3rd line along with more phyiscal play is the answer and it's up to PC to fix this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: M. Ryder

Who writes Thefourthperiod.com?  Shupe?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I like our forwards," said Chiarelli, who was in Long Island Monday, New York City Tuesday and Pittsburgh Wednesday scouting games. "I project every year on how many goals these guys will score and I think we have guys that can score. But every year I look for depth, and I'll continue to look for depth."

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said. "We're in a position where we can add earlier so we're just trying to create our search, and we're starting our search earlier. That doesn't mean we're going to make any moves earlier, but we're looking earlier."

"I know they're minuses [in plus/minus], but that's because they're not scoring," Chiarelli pointed out. "They're going to get their chances because they're skilled players on that line. You want them to be defensively responsible and then to chip in offensively, and maybe last year was a bit of an aberration for the total number they scored, but they're skilled enough and good enough where they chip in on a regular basis."

Good overall approach and then PC will add someone...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

oy, another trade for Ryder thread?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Drewskie.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Would take Michael Ryder back in a second would help.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Would take Michael Ryder back in a second would help.-stinkman

Absolutely. The 3rd line as constituted is really a second fourth line. 3 goals in 14 games for 3 players. Wow! That projects to an average of about 3 goals each for 48 games. Double wow. We need an NHLer, not Chris Bourque, on the other wing. Ryder or Alfredson, or Iginla (the best possible option) should turn Kelly and Pevs around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to brunod's comment:

The Fourth Peroid.com has reported the Bruins have looked into getting Mr, Ryder back to help their 3rd line and continue to inquire about Daniel Alfredson for help. PC is not happy with his 3rd line production and will make a move to improve that line and also help the PP.

The Bruins should inquire help in the Phyiscal part of their game since Shawn Thornton has fallen off somewhat since his concussion issues and the Bruins have not been one of the tougher teams as they have in the past few seasons because of this and it seems to have hurt their goal production.

The Bruins with losing Thortons toughness and a small Chris Bourque not producing on the 3rd line have made the Bruins a good two line team. This is not good enough to beat a good Blackhawks team in a 7 game series for the cup. This seems the way it is going right now.

The stats don't show it but the Bruins are the best team in the East and if they make the proper ajustments they can win it all. The PP and the 3rd line along with more phyiscal play is the answer and it's up to PC to fix this.

i actually don't think the bruins would have that much difficulty with the hawks, mainly because i don't think there is a chance the hawks are playing this well at the end of the season. They are a rather thin team with a lot of top end talent that is firing on all cylinders right now. it won't last, and neither will the health. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to brunod's comment:

The Fourth Peroid.com has reported the Bruins have looked into getting Mr, Ryder back to help their 3rd line and continue to inquire about Daniel Alfredson for help.

Here's what was on The Fourth Period: 

Bruins have eyes on Ryder
    TheFourthPeriod.com

According to the Boston Globe, the Bruins might have found a target to fill the void down the middle of their third line.

The Bruins' biggest need this season remains to find a left wing for their third line and the Globe has suggested that the club will target Dallas Stars and former Bruin forward Michael Ryder.

---

It doesn't say that the Bruins have "looked into" getting Ryder back.  It says The Globe suggested that they will.

That's a HUGE difference.

I searched the heck out of the Globe to find any story that said this, but came up empty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

it must be a well thought out educational reading.  

3rd line help is an obvious.  I think the team is tough enough.  I dont think we need a goon.  I would like a jackman, a moen, a neil to fill ST role.  the last 2 being a bit over priced but could play 3rd line.  

I dont want ryder.  I dont like ryder.  I do appreciate his play in the cup run.  He will be expensive to bring back.  

i can live with just adding a solid 3rd line player and hope AF gets his game back.  Still think we need a good veteran dman.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said."

Chiarelli has actually hinted he is looking for a top 6 player not a 3rd or 4th line player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

it must be a well thought out educational reading.  

3rd line help is an obvious.  I think the team is tough enough.  I dont think we need a goon.  I would like a jackman, a moen, a neil to fill ST role.  the last 2 being a bit over priced but could play 3rd line.  

I dont want ryder.  I dont like ryder.  I do appreciate his play in the cup run.  He will be expensive to bring back.  

i can live with just adding a solid 3rd line player and hope AF gets his game back.  Still think we need a good veteran dman.  

I am with you my brother

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Getting rides back would definitely pump up the lockeroom BIGTIME! it's no secret the Bruins will add another scoring forward before the playoff tournament be it Ryder or someone else. but Ryder is family and being united with Julein and the Bruins would really be great because it isn't like he doesn't know the system. the Bruins have yet to replace Ryder, Pouliot was decent but didn't come close last year even know he might becoming into his own in Tampa"good for him".................Ryder might sometimes be a glider during the regular season but is PROVEN PLAYOFF CLUTCH PERFORMER.............

I smell a cup in Boston barring health issues...........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The fourth period is another rumour/plagiarist seeking to sell itself. Chiarelli should know what we all talk about. Thornton has become a drag on the 4th line. Play Pandolfo or call up Tardiff. Bourque provides nothing of value while he skates blindly as hard as he can. Call up Caron, or pick up a larger skater/scorer to complement Kelly/ Peverly. They need an upgrade from Poo-Poo who is doing pretty good for Tampa, but, was not , and is not the answer. Hamilton will also have his bumps in the road, but Ference is more of a liability as his past injuries are slowing him down. So giving Krug a shot could be an acceptable alternative that will provide speed and scoring strength. Not sure if Claude wants to work in two rookies while McQ is still learning, but Krug is playing well in Providence.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Sorry brunod, but in case you haven't heard the Bruin's don't like & will not take ex-girlfriends back. You missed a lot since your last post. The one's who call the shots on this board has made it quite clear that PC will NEVER bring back an ex for another good roll in the hay. Trust me this was pointed out to me by people that speak in absolutes & are never wrong! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nothing but random speculation, I think.  And short-sighted at that.

There are so many basic problems with the notion of "getting Ryder back" and people don't seem to want to deal with them, amid the blind speculation.  Please let there be no more Ryder threads...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

We've had a few threads about Ryder coming back now, but I've yet to see one reason from anyone as to why Dallas would want to trade him away.

Anyone care to answer why a team in a playoff race would want to get rid of their third leading pt. scorer and top goalscorer? It makes no sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

It also states the bruins have "found a target to fill the void down the middle of their third line"...now to me , the middle of the line means the center position...Person writing it doesnt realize Ryder is a wing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There are so many basic problems with the notion of "getting Ryder back"

In response to red75's comment:

Anyone care to answer why a team in a playoff race would want to get rid of their third leading pt. scorer and top goalscorer? It makes no sense.

Yeah, that would be one of them.  A big one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yeah, that would be one of them.  A big one.

Yeah Fletch, I don't mind trade proposal theads as long as they're based to some degree in reality. The Ryder threads aren't. If Dallas completely blows apart in the next month? Then MAYBE, but still doubtful for other reasons, but right now it's foolishness.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to red75's comment: We've had a few threads about Ryder coming back now, but I've yet to see one reason from anyone as to why Dallas would want to trade him away.

His contract maybe...