MacTavish new Edmonton GM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

MacTavish new Edmonton GM

Maybe shupe will get his deal with the Oil after all!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: MacTavish new Edmonton GM

About time, Tambellini was awful. Did absolutely nothing to improve his team but bought a copy of the Hockey News Draft issue and enjoyed smiling while he announced the Oilers next #1 pick. He had no idea identifying what the team needs were or how to get them and sat there while everybody but him noticed that the Oilers are loaded with players that play exactly the same way.Signed Hemsky & Horcoff to ridiculous contracts and stood pat at the trade deadline when his team still had a realistic chance to make the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Wow....I agree Tambi was horrible but Mac?

Interesting to see how this will play out. Me thinks the team will sign more muckers in the off-season now...

Quote from Mac:

"I'm an impatient guy. We have to do some bold things to move this team forward in a rapid fashion," said MacTavish. "We have to a better job arming our coaches and our core players with a group to get us to a highly-competitive level."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Wow....I agree Tambi was horrible but Mac?

Interesting to see how this will play out. Me thinks the team will sign more muckers in the off-season now...

Quote from Mac:

"I'm an impatient guy. We have to do some bold things to move this team forward in a rapid fashion," said MacTavish. "We have to a better job arming our coaches and our core players with a group to get us to a highly-competitive level."

Maybe the real problem is Lowe. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

About time, Tambellini was awful. Did absolutely nothing to improve his team but bought a copy of the Hockey News Draft issue and enjoyed smiling while he announced the Oilers next #1 pick. He had no idea identifying what the team needs were or how to get them and sat there while everybody but him noticed that the Oilers are loaded with players that play exactly the same way.Signed Hemsky & Horcoff to ridiculous contracts and stood pat at the trade deadline when his team still had a realistic chance to make the playoffs.

+1 ^

What a dope, all those #1's and wouldn't part with any of them to bring in the DMan they need to become a playoff contender. If they end up drafting in the top 3 this year, I'm gonna barf.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Quote from Mac:

Maybe, I like Mac's belligerant approach though...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Quote from Mac:

I guess if you consider pulling the Flames mascot's tongue out a belligerent approach. ;p

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I guess if you consider pulling the Flames mascot's tongue out a belligerent approach. ;p

lol.....I do indeed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

I wonder if Craig would do Lucic for Hall  ~ ~ straight up   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Yes he would over value those 2 and want all your prospects and the farm in return.

I recall he wanted to trade Hemsky for the Bruins 2nd overall pick (Seguin) .  The guy was a moron.  I would love to see a list of all his failed trades because he was trying swindle some GM's.

Good for MacTavish !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Quote from Mac:

What's belligerant about it ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to jaymiller's comment:

I wonder if Craig would do Lucic for Hall  ~ ~ straight up   

I don't and I wouldn't. Hall can't stay healthy. 

BTW what'd the skate say to the face?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Quote from Mac:

Sounds like that high first round pick is going to be readily available for trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Offer them Khudobin, Stanley and Tyler Randell.  Be bold Mac!  Take the offer!

I actually think they're going to do a major shuffle of the deck chairs.  Either Yakupov or RNH will be gone.  Gagner and Hemsky will be available, Whitney will be gone etc. etc.  Hall and Eberle will be the centrepiece of their offense, but the character of the second and third lines will be much more about speed and aggression than skill.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

They appointed Howson VP of Hockey operations.... my oh my..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to WillsBruins's comment:

They appointed Howson VP of Hockey operations.... my oh my..

Howson is terrible. He is to Columbus what O'Connell was to Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Great question asked by a reporter to Lowe... and the smug answer by Lowe..

"How are fans going to be reassured that the group that left the mess that Tambellini couldn't quite clean up is now going to be cleaned up by the guys who left the mess to begin with?" asked the reporter.

"There's one other guy I believe in hockey today that is still working in the game that has won more Stanley Cups than me. So I think I know a little bit about winning."

Sure Kevin, whatever you say.. consider yourself lucky you weren't shown the door today as well.. What do you have on Katz?  pictures with animals?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment

Quote from Mac:

JW.. MacT is so in over his head .. Somewhere 29 other GM's just started licking their lips over comments like this.. Lowe is an idiot and should have been turfed as well.. Further proof that hockey players make lousy executives...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Darren Dreiger was on TSN 1050's Drive Time program this afternoon.  He said the main reason Tambellini got fired was because all those top picks he made were not impactful enough to progress the Oilers further by now.  He also mentioned MacTavish being interested in players who are "willing to play with some presence." - Dreiger's words.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Horton and Boychuck for Yakupov and two firsts! Or Caron and McQuaid!  Presence!

Caron for Eberle - straight up!

(for those who will miss the sarcasm, I've put this in a sickly green comic sans font to help.  I am making fun of MacTavish and the possibility that he's going to get Feastered in a trade.)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Darren Dreiger was on TSN 1050's Drive Time program this afternoon.  He said the main reason Tambellini got fired was because all those top picks he made were not impactful enough to progress the Oilers further by now.  He also mentioned MacTavish being interested in players who are "willing to play with some presence." - Dreiger's words.

Also factor in a weak defence and mediocre goaltending and you have a bad team. Why Lowe,Tambellini and MacT couldn't see this is anybody's guess. Putting MacT in charge is like using dirty water to wash the clothes, its not going to do a very good job.New boss, same as the old boss.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Also factor in a weak defence and mediocre goaltending and you have a bad team. Why Lowe,Tambellini and MacT couldn't see this is anybody's guess. Putting MacT in charge is like using dirty water to wash the clothes, its not going to do a very good job.New boss, same as the old boss.

Nice "Who" reference there 50.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Nice "Who" reference there 50.

But i think the Oiler fans, won't get fooled again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If your one of those 1st overall picks, you have a pretty good chance of being moved in the off-season. MacTavish has a lot of work to do, but has a pretty good core to start with. I'd expect the Oilers to be very busy leading up to the draft.

Sections
Shortcuts