In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LUCIC (LW) @ 6M for TAYLOR HALL (LW) @ 6M

BOYCHUK (D) @ 3.6M & #1 for (RW) WAYNE SIMMONDS @ 3.2M

[/QUOTE]

Best one yet.

[/QUOTE]

Um.  I offered Rask for Price.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Make Two Trades To Improve The Team

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best one yet.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't do this deal until I can see a play-off or 2 from Hall. The other thing is that Hall is injury prone & plays too kamikaze for my taste. No deal!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Lucic for Landeskog

Marchand for Voracek

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best one yet.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OMG, how did I miss that!

Boychuk for Simmonds is now a distant second best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best one yet.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Let it Die"

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Let it Die"

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

It may be worthy of it's own thread.

Control to Shupe. Shupe come in.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Best one yet.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Let it Die"

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

NO FAWKIN KIDDING! The Bruins have the reigning Vezina Winner & these 2 dolts aren't satisfied! Tag teaming in the evidence room again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Seriously, boychuk for simmonds...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure, if that's the return for a guy on the cusp of UFA when you have 8 defensemen with NHL experience on your roster and you don't think he'll fit in your long term salary structure, you make that deal twice a day.  And Simmonds will get to 30 goals one of these days - maybe right away if he steps into the blue suede shoes on Boston's first line.  But I can't see a reason for Philly to part with him. That cap hit for a 25 yr old 25-29 goal guy for the next five years?  I don't think Philly has the depth to lose such a big piece of their second line - he's the anchor, really, and they'll count on him to make that line go with either Schenn or whoever at C.  You could argue Philly needs a Boychuk type, but they have a lot of D pieces already and Boychuk isn't a status-quo breaker.  You could argue they need to roster management for cap reasons, but they're only $5M or whatever over the cap until Pronger goes on LTIR, Timmonen goes on LTIR and they get down to 7 D on the roster.

You might as well be asking for Ryan Johansen.  But then this thread does begin: Ok, you're Stanley....

[2 days have passed - we can blow up some of these now, right?]

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure, if that's the return for a guy on the cusp of UFA when you have 8 defensemen with NHL experience on your roster and you don't think he'll fit in your long term salary structure, you make that deal twice a day.  And Simmonds will get to 30 goals one of these days - maybe right away if he steps into the blue suede shoes on Boston's first line.  But I can't see a reason for Philly to part with him. That cap hit for a 25 yr old 25-29 goal guy for the next five years?  I don't think Philly has the depth to lose such a big piece of their second line - he's the anchor, really, and they'll count on him to make that line go with either Schenn or whoever at C.  You could argue Philly needs a Boychuk type, but they have a lot of D pieces already and Boychuk isn't a status-quo breaker.  You could argue they need to roster management for cap reasons, but they're only $5M or whatever over the cap until Pronger goes on LTIR, Timmonen goes on LTIR and they get down to 7 D on the roster.

You might as well be asking for Ryan Johansen.  But then this thread does begin: Ok, you're Stanley....

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

I keep forgetting that Philly is under new management. A couple years ago, they would have probably bit at a boychuk+ deal. They loved doing stuff like that

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I have some Philly fan friends who believe that Simmonds might have been their best player last year.  He's more popular than Giroux there now.  He's everything you want, and a rare Lucic type power forward.  The notion of them trading him for our 4th best defensemen is laughable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Power Forward, yes.  "Lucic type"?  - 404 error.  I don't know that such a thing exists.  There are physical forwards who use their brawn to get to the net and score and generally be disruptive.  There are big forwards who exact a physical toll on their opponents, and there are physical forwards who hit everything in sight and will blow guys up in open ice from time to time while also scoring their share.  Simmonds, to me, is that first category.  Ovechkin, Malkin are second category guys - huge guys who must be just exhausting to deal with all night unless you're an even bigger man like Chara.  Dustin Brown (shorter and lighter than Simmonds) is a that third category.

Lucic is the freaking 4th dimension.  Routine hits from him along the boards are just concussive.  He doesn't blow guys up like Brown does, but when he takes a D into the boards...well, Mike Van Ryn said it's like being hit by an elephant.  The disruptive power foward is dangerous and you have to work hard to contain him.  The physical toll guys are exhausting, and the hitters make you keep your head up.  Lucic, though, introduces a level of pervasive fear because guys will change their behaviour because of what they know is coming.  They bail.  They let the puck go before they should.  They rush passes.  I can't think of many players who've had that kind of psychic impact just because of the way they deliver the routine forecheck, board-battle hits. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best one yet.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Let it Die"

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

NO FAWKIN KIDDING! The Bruins have the reigning Vezina Winner & these 2 dolts aren't satisfied! Tag teaming in the evidence room again?

[/QUOTE]

That is terrific!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Power Forward, yes.  "Lucic type"?  - 404 error.  I don't know that such a thing exists.  There are physical forwards who use their brawn to get to the net and score and generally be disruptive.  There are big forwards who exact a physical toll on their opponents, and there are physical forwards who hit everything in sight and will blow guys up in open ice from time to time while also scoring their share.  Simmonds, to me, is that first category.  Ovechkin, Malkin are second category guys - huge guys who must be just exhausting to deal with all night unless you're an even bigger man like Chara.  Dustin Brown (shorter and lighter than Simmonds) is a that third category.

Lucic is the freaking 4th dimension.  Routine hits from him along the boards are just concussive.  He doesn't blow guys up like Brown does, but when he takes a D into the boards...well, Mike Van Ryn said it's like being hit by an elephant.  The disruptive power foward is dangerous and you have to work hard to contain him.  The physical toll guys are exhausting, and the hitters make you keep your head up.  Lucic, though, introduces a level of pervasive fear because guys will change their behaviour because of what they know is coming.  They bail.  They let the puck go before they should.  They rush passes.  I can't think of many players who've had that kind of psychic impact just because of the way they deliver the routine forecheck, board-battle hits. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree, Simmonds is a power forward but not at the Lucic level.

Fletch is right, no way Philly entertains that deal, but hey, this is a thread about improving the Bruins with with a resume that has the name Stanley at the top.

By those measures, it's a great deal. Just to make it more realistic I will throw in Jordan Caron.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

In defence of my Boychuk for Simmonds deal, I also included a 1st round pick in order to fit the parameters of the exercise. In real life, Subban might have been part of the deal, and Caron, of course :)

With Timonen gone, Boychuk would become Philly's #2 d-man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rip it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seidenberg for Emelin?  I thought the deal was supposed to make the Bruins better, not the Scabs. 

Jeez, I hope the Bruins don't ever lose a playoff series to the little sisters of the poor or we'll never hear the end of how great it would be if the Bruins only had a player like Sister Mary Catherine!

If you're willing to Lucic for Hall, you should have kept Seguin. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

Seidenberg for Emelin?  I thought the deal was supposed to make the Bruins better, not the Scabs. 

Jeez, I hope the Bruins don't ever lose a playoff series to the little sisters of the poor or we'll never hear the end of how great it would be if the Bruins only had a player like Sister Mary Catherine!

[/QUOTE]

I would be thrilled, if they had never traded Seguin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to trade Seidenberg to remove the daily circle jerks.  He's a good stay at home defenseman, a quarter a dozen (better than a dime a dozen) player that people puff up far too much.  And many of these are the same people who used to cry themselves to sleep at night that Wesley was still on the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to trade Seidenberg to remove the daily circle jerks.  He's a good stay at home defenseman, a quarter a dozen (better than a dime a dozen) player that people puff up far too much.  And many of these are the same people who used to cry themselves to sleep at night that Wesley was still on the team.

[/QUOTE]

Would you keep Boychuk over Seidenberg?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Book, I agree with everything you just said.  Great post.

I dont know that I would ever trade Lucic, there would have to be a huge return.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get that, but personally, I love his contract. He's a very legitimate number 2 that fits the system very well, and is only 4 mill. Signing a similar guy at market value would likely cost 6

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I get that, but personally, I love his contract. He's a very legitimate number 2 that fits the system very well, and is only 4 mill. Signing a similar guy at market value would likely cost 6

[/QUOTE]

Hes a #2 a few yrs back.  I think his game has slowed.  Hes a physical freak and plays a lot of dirty minutes but hes a 3-4 at best at this stage of his career.   I would much rather have Boychuk.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] I get that, but personally, I love his contract. He's a very legitimate number 2 that fits the system very well, and is only 4 mill. Signing a similar guy at market value would likely cost 6 [/QUOTE]

Hes a #2 a few yrs back.  I think his game has slowed.  Hes a physical freak and plays a lot of dirty minutes but hes a 3-4 at best at this stage of his career.   I would much rather have Boychuk. [/QUOTE]

Based on what ?