Make Two Trades To Improve The Team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Make Two Trades To Improve The Team

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] I get that, but personally, I love his contract. He's a very legitimate number 2 that fits the system very well, and is only 4 mill. Signing a similar guy at market value would likely cost 6 [/QUOTE]

Hes a #2 a few yrs back.  I think his game has slowed.  Hes a physical freak and plays a lot of dirty minutes but hes a 3-4 at best at this stage of his career.   I would much rather have Boychuk. [/QUOTE]

Based on what ?

[/QUOTE]

Watching him play.  Thought he was our best player in a loss to the Capitals. Do you think he could step up and be the man if Chara goes down?   Thats what i base a 1(a) or top 2 dman as.    I would put him in the 3-4 mix.  Hes a solid stay at home dman.  Lots of those in the league.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

Krejci and mcquaid for seth jones bruins add conditional 1st rd pick if d.k won't resign

marchand and subban  for eberle

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to paulbking's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Krejci and mcquaid for seth jones bruins add conditional 1st rd pick if d.k won't resign

[/QUOTE]

Money doesnt match at all.   And i dont think this helps us at all.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to paulbking's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Money doesnt match at all.   And i dont think this helps us at all.  

[/QUOTE]
    the money does not up for d.k I guess we could one of nash's bad contacts

the marchand  eberle deal is closer if subban makes the nhl

not better shup?

lucic bergy eberle

r smith soda loui

Kelly spooner fraser

paille Campbell florek

chara dougie

seids jones

krug miller

good young d men  and  koko and camara are coming and seth Griffiths too.

d.k going to get BIG MONEY next year

thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Do you think he could step up and be the man if Chara goes down ?"

Name the defenseman around the league that could step in and replace Chara if he went down.

Boychuk, Hamilton, McQuaid, Krug nor Miller could move up to the 1b or 2 D spot. Watching the Bruins defense against Montreal in the 2nd round proved to me what Seidenberg's value is in Boston. 

If Hamilton or Boychuk were good enough to replace Seidenberg then the Bruins would have moved on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

"Do you think he could step up and be the man if Chara goes down ?"

Name the defenseman around the league that could step in and replace Chara if he went down.

Boychuk, Hamilton, McQuaid, Krug nor Miller could move up to the 1b or 2 D spot. Watching the Bruins defense against Montreal in the 2nd round proved to me what Seidenberg's value is in Boston. 

If Hamilton or Boychuk were good enough to replace Seidenberg then the Bruins would have moved on.

[/QUOTE]

Dont mistake my opinion as to not appreciating what Seidz is and means to this team.  I think Seidz is very consistent and steady.  I think ive lead the charge a long time in regards to getting chara some help back there(thats with Seidz in the lineup).  I dont thi k hes the answer as a #2 type dman.   No one can replace Chara but teams arpund the league have guys who you could trust in every situation as the guy for a short period of time.  Chicago would survive if Keith went down, LA if Drew went down, Rangers if McDonaugh went down....

i personally think Seidz is a perfect pairing in the 3-4 slot.  Hes been very consistent and i trust him more then any other dman not named Chara but i believe his better days are behind him.  If Seidz was playing i think we are in the finals.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Chicago would survive if Keith went down, LA if Drew went down, Rangers if McDonaugh went down..."

Wrong!

You can't say Seidenberg is a 3-4 Dman and say the Bruins would have moved on past the Canadiens with Dennis because that would mean Seidz is better than "his best days are behind him", that's contradictory.

Can't have both

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

"Chicago would survive if Keith went down, LA if Drew went down, Rangers if McDonaugh went down..."

Wrong!

You can't say Seidenberg is a 3-4 Dman and say the Bruins would have moved on past the Canadiens with Dennis because that would mean Seidz is better than "his best days are behind him", that's contradictory.

Can't have both

[/QUOTE]

Chara is past his best days.  With Seidz in there likely in the 3-4 it strengthens the unit as a hole.  I didnt say he was done.  I just believe he has slowed.  I didnt make him a5-6.  I just dont think hes a top pairing dman.  I will be surprised if Chara and Seidz are together this year.  I see Boychuk/Seidz offering what oduya and nic gave the hawks.  A solid 3-4 combo.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seidenberg for Emelin?  I thought the deal was supposed to make the Bruins better, not the Scabs. 

Jeez, I hope the Bruins don't ever lose a playoff series to the little sisters of the poor or we'll never hear the end of how great it would be if the Bruins only had a player like Sister Mary Catherine!

If you're willing to Lucic for Hall, you should have kept Seguin. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to trade Seidenberg to remove the daily circle jerks.  He's a good stay at home defenseman, a quarter a dozen (better than a dime a dozen) player that people puff up far too much.  And many of these are the same people who used to cry themselves to sleep at night that Wesley was still on the team.

[/QUOTE]

I get that, but personally, I love his contract. He's a very legitimate number 2 that fits the system very well, and is only 4 mill. Signing a similar guy at market value would likely cost 6

[/QUOTE]

Hes a #2 a few yrs back.  I think his game has slowed.  Hes a physical freak and plays a lot of dirty minutes but hes a 3-4 at best at this stage of his career.   I would much rather have Boychuk.  

[/QUOTE]

I could not disagree anymore. And honestly, I don't understand your opinion. He's a 2 in my book, and one of the top 2s who's better than some 1s. A fair number of 1s

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seidenberg for Emelin?  I thought the deal was supposed to make the Bruins better, not the Scabs. 

Jeez, I hope the Bruins don't ever lose a playoff series to the little sisters of the poor or we'll never hear the end of how great it would be if the Bruins only had a player like Sister Mary Catherine!

If you're willing to Lucic for Hall, you should have kept Seguin. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to trade Seidenberg to remove the daily circle jerks.  He's a good stay at home defenseman, a quarter a dozen (better than a dime a dozen) player that people puff up far too much.  And many of these are the same people who used to cry themselves to sleep at night that Wesley was still on the team.

[/QUOTE]

I get that, but personally, I love his contract. He's a very legitimate number 2 that fits the system very well, and is only 4 mill. Signing a similar guy at market value would likely cost 6

[/QUOTE]

Hes a #2 a few yrs back.  I think his game has slowed.  Hes a physical freak and plays a lot of dirty minutes but hes a 3-4 at best at this stage of his career.   I would much rather have Boychuk.  

[/QUOTE]

I could not disagree anymore. And honestly, I don't understand your opinion. He's a 2 in my book, and one of the top 2s who's better than some 1s. A fair number of 1s

[/QUOTE]

Please list them.  And some of the #2s hes better then.  Especially on oh lets say 16 playoff teams from last year.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

deal #2....  Boychuk plus conditional pick if Avs can't sign him for Erik Johnson....

Johnson becomes stud in CJ's system....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

[/QUOTE]

I think this might be my favorite deal.  It's up in the air until Fletcher confirms that Johnson it's a bum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

deal #2....  Boychuk plus conditional pick if Avs can't sign him for Erik Johnson....

[/QUOTE]

I think this might be my favorite deal.  It's up in the air until Fletcher confirms that Johnson it's a bum.

[/QUOTE]

Mine too! With the exception of my McQuaid for Williams of course.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment: [QUOTE] Hes a #2 a few yrs back.  I think his game has slowed.  Hes a physical freak and plays a lot of dirty minutes but hes a 3-4 at best at this stage of his career.   I would much rather have Boychuk.  [/QUOTE]

I could not disagree anymore. And honestly, I don't understand your opinion. He's a 2 in my book, and one of the top 2s who's better than some 1s. A fair number of 1s [/QUOTE]

Please list them.  And some of the #2s hes better then.  Especially on oh lets say 16 playoff teams from last year.  [/QUOTE]

Well that will be easy

Seidenberg is just as good as or better than Ericsson or Quincey on Detroit.

...just as good as or better than Coburn, MacDonald or Streit on Philly

just as good as or better than Martin or Erhoff on Pittsburgh

Same goes for Johnson, Tyutin and Wisnieweski on the Blue Jackets.

Defensively Seidenberg is better than Subban and Markov. Just as good a shot blocker as Gorges.

Don't start breaking offensive stats out.

Want me to go to the west now ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

JB v. Seidenberg is a an interesting debate. I like!!

To me, they are pretty comparable in many if not most ways. I think talent wise the may be a wash to be honest.

To me the determining factor is price. Seidenberg is signed at a very friendly rate for the next couple of years and I expect JB to cash in next summer.

Now, if only Dennis can stay healthy!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Seidennberg has a histoy of not being able to stay in the lineup in Boston and Carolina.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment: [QUOTE] Hes a #2 a few yrs back.  I think his game has slowed.  Hes a physical freak and plays a lot of dirty minutes but hes a 3-4 at best at this stage of his career.   I would much rather have Boychuk.  [/QUOTE]

I could not disagree anymore. And honestly, I don't understand your opinion. He's a 2 in my book, and one of the top 2s who's better than some 1s. A fair number of 1s [/QUOTE]

Please list them.  And some of the #2s hes better then.  Especially on oh lets say 16 playoff teams from last year.  [/QUOTE]

Well that will be easy

Seidenberg is just as good as or better than Ericsson or Quincey on Detroit.

...just as good as or better than Coburn, MacDonald or Streit on Philly

just as good as or better than Martin or Erhoff on Pittsburgh

Same goes for Johnson, Tyutin and Wisnieweski on the Blue Jackets.

Defensively Seidenberg is better than Subban and Markov. Just as good a shot blocker as Gorges.

Don't start breaking offensive stats out.

Want me to go to the west now ?

[/QUOTE]

Lets stay in the East. 

detroit- edge seidz

philly- id take coburn...toss up on streit macdonald but if you are gonna use shot block stat? 

nyr- seidz would be 4-5 at best.  

Pitt- not sure hes better then either martin or Ehrhoff.  Matta is better then both of those 2. 

blue jackets are similar to philly...lots of serviceable dmen.  No true stud. 

Montreal- Gorges is gone and hes not playing before markov or pk.  

tbay- garrison, stralman carle.  He likely cracks 2-3 in tbay.   

West

SJ- i would choose burns over siedz.  

Chicago- hes in the 2nd pairing there maybe.

LA- muzzin, voynov

Ana- might beat Beauchemin( i find them very similar)...im taking Vatanen and Lindholm over him.  Assuming Fowler is the #1 for now. 

StL- might make 2nd pairing.  

minny- id give him edge over Spurgeon.  Not by a lot though

avs- im taking barrie, johnson ove seidz.  Hejda Stuart very similar to seidz.

stars- id give him edge over Goligoski even though they are different styles.  42 pts is nothing to sneeze at.  

So of all 16 playoff teams where is he #2 or #1.  

Now if i add the non playoff teams there are a handful of teams that have 1-2 better then seidz.  

Obviously these are my opinion and no one likes my opinion especially when comparing against the Bruins.  And before you reply ask yourself would the player you are gonna bring up would that GM trade one for one.  Even the teams he has an edge on i dont think they would trade there 2-3 for seidz even.  Let er rip San. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Yah Seidennberg has a histoy of not being able to stay in the lineup in Boston and Carolina.

[/QUOTE]

Seidz is extremely durable.  Love that about him.  And again, i dont think you realize how much i love his game.  I just happen to believe there are lots of players very similar around the league.  Thats why i think hes a perfect 3-4 type.  My hope is Dougie is our 1a-2.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Erhoff, Markov, Martin, Coburn, Voynov, Carl, Girardi and Boyle, to name a few, are better defensively...Ok. All these defenseman would have shut down the 1st lines, Seidenberg had to face during the 2011 and 2013 playoff runs.

Gotcha LoL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

JB v. Seidenberg is a an interesting debate. I like!!

To me, they are pretty comparable in many if not most ways. I think talent wise the may be a wash to be honest.

To me the determining factor is price. Seidenberg is signed at a very friendly rate for the next couple of years and I expect JB to cash in next summer.

Now, if only Dennis can stay healthy!!

[/QUOTE]

I enjoy watching Boychuk, but a big reason I do is because he's like the little engine that could. I still think of him as the guy who watched 30 games from the press box one year because they'd have lost him on waivers if they ever sent him down.  Then they got him into the lineup and he worked like a dog to get better - paired with Chara to give him some cover and some exposure etc.  JB is the AHL guy who looks like he might never make it who suddenly grabs his brass ring on the last loop.  All of that goes away if he starts pulling down $5M a year.

Seidenberg is a much more controlled player, much more economical.  Boychuk is always a little more on edge, and I chalk that up to DS's hockey sense.  DS is also a better point producer than the guy who had a 20 goal year in Providence.  In the NHL, 23 points and 5 goals are JB's best totals - with a bullet! 23 would be DS's lowest total in his time with the Bruins (17 in the short season, but that's a better than 23 point full season).  DS just has better instincts all over the ice.  Nothing flashy about him, but he gets the job done.  Is he a #2? I don't know about that.  A good #3, certainly.  I think he has the ability that #1s have to control the game from the back end, but he doesn't have the same degree of influence a #1 has, or even a #2.

Surprisingly, I wouldn't give you Detroit - I like both Kronwall and Ericsson ahead of Seidenberg.  I totally disagree on the Rangers - I think DS is better than Girardi (who was embarrassed by the Bruins two years ago in the playoffs and didn't look too good against the Kings, either) or Staal (who has...stalled...in his development).

[object HTMLDivElement]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Yah Erhoff, Markov, Martin, Coburn, Voynov, Carl, Girardi and Boyle, to name a few, are better defensively...Ok. All these defenseman would have shut down the 1st lines, Seidenberg had to face during the 2011 and 2013 playoff runs.

Gotcha LoL

[/QUOTE]

Shut down dmen or 1-2 dmen.  My opinion is based on what Seidz currently is.  Which was part of my stance that he has slowed a bit.  I think hes a very good 3-4.  And there is nothing wrong with that. 

Girardi or Staal for DS?  Zero chance the NyR make this deal.  Zero!   And i dont think hes better then either of them.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Gotcha LoL

[/QUOTE]

Who was talking about 2011?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Gotcha LoL

[/QUOTE]

Who was talking about 2011?

[/QUOTE]

It strengthened his argument.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heh.  I don't think he's a bum.  I actually think he's too valuable to Colorado for that deal to happen.  He's the #1 D-man right now.  I also think he's kind of got the 'Phaneuf perception', where's he gotten so much criticism in comparison to what he was supposed to be that he's actually underrated now.  He's a good player.  Maybe not what he should be for a #1 pick overall, but nobody should care about that now.  He's a 26-year old #1 defensemen with great size, great skating, and can play in all situations.  Since defensemen usually get better as they approach 30, I think this would be an absolute steal for the Bruins.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Also interesting that Colorado was the team that gave up on Boychuk in his AHL days.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[QUOTE] Yah Erhoff, Markov, Martin, Coburn, Voynov, Carl, Girardi and Boyle, to name a few, are better defensively...Ok. All these defenseman would have shut down the 1st lines, Seidenberg had to face during the 2011 and 2013 playoff runs. [/QUOTE]

Shut down dmen or 1-2 dmen.  My opinion is based on what Seidz currently is.  Which was part of my stance that he has slowed a bit.  I think hes a very good 3-4.  And there is nothing wrong with that. 

And i dont think hes better then either of them.   [/QUOTE]

Defensively Seidenberg is just as good as both of them. Chiarelli wouldn't trade for Girardi or Staal but making trades straight up for the players was never part of the debate and will never will be.

If Seidenberg was in the line up against the Canadiens, the Bruins go to the cup. If you put Burns, Muzz or Voynoz in the Bruins lineup against Montreal then you get a 2nd round exit. Speaking of "watch him play", watch Burns against LA in the last 4 games of last springs playoffs - Joke!

I should have stopped and kept on laughing when you brought Erhoff and that "shot blocking" shouldn't be in the conversation.

Should hitting stats be taken out ?

Sections
Shortcuts