Malcolm Subban trade bait?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Malcolm Subban trade bait?

Did a goalie steal your lunch money at some point in your life, shupe?

I don't like Rask making $7M, but at some point you have to live with the market and decide to pay what the market will bear or walk away.  He's one year away from being able to test that market and go wherever he pleases, and he has ever reason to think he's cut the team some slack over the last few years signing team-friendly deals until he felt he had proven he could be a #1 and contend.  Comparing this to DiPietro is a little off.

Rask has been in the Bruin organization for six years.  He's been the starter going into the playoffs for two of them, including a year where he won a duel with Ryan Miller behind the lowest scoring team in the league that year, and another where he backstopped them to the finals.  Giving him Rinne money is not end of days stupid.

Are you not entertained?!?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Did a goalie steal your lunch money at some point in your life, shupe?

I don't like Rask making $7M, but at some point you have to live with the market and decide to pay what the market will bear or walk away.  He's one year away from being able to test that market and go wherever he pleases, and he has ever reason to think he's cut the team some slack over the last few years signing team-friendly deals until he felt he had proven he could be a #1 and contend.  Comparing this to DiPietro is a little off.

Rask has been in the Bruin organization for six years.  He's been the starter going into the playoffs for two of them, including a year where he won a duel with Ryan Miller behind the lowest scoring team in the league that year, and another where he backstopped them to the finals.  Giving him Rinne money is not end of days stupid.

Are you not entertained?!?!

Bravo!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Now Rask is "unproven" and comparable to Rick DiPietro?

Wow, that Rask hate is getting waaaay out there... where is that coming from?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

Now Rask is "unproven" and comparable to Rick DiPietro?

Wow, that Rask hate is getting waaaay out there... where is that coming from?

I dunno Soxfan! I think it's ridiculous how the B's have a bonafide elite in Rask & a great prospect in Subban & us so called fans want to under value & under pay one & let the other  one go! They say things like Cary Price is better than Tuukka? 2 seasons ago I would've agreed, but Price hasn't done squat in his NHL career. He's won 1 play-off series in his career. ONE! He's regressed & showed that this yr in the play-offs. He stunk to high heaven. He stunk in 09' against the B's. He got subplanted in 10'. Was decent in 3 games against the B's in 11'. Never played in 12' & sucked the high hard one this yr. But yet people on here are still madly in love with him! I was a avid TT fan, but at least he was winning some play-off rounds & some sort of hardware! Rask at least has progressed in his developement. In both instances where he was given the opportunity to have the #1 job he's succeeded. And has put up great #'s, out played the vezina winner in 2010. And beat the past season's & runner up this seasons Vezina winner this yr. And held the top offence in the league to TWO...count them TWO goals. But yet he's not worth elite money! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Not sure who the guy in the middle is, though.

Ant-man as played by Grant Morris

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"...and assuming there is a market for Subban, I consider a deal." - Crowls2424

But that's just it. There IS a market for Subban. Of course there is. Everyone is always going to be all-ears, for a blue-chip goaltending prospect. There is always a market for a 1st Round Drafted goaltender.

"....if they trade Subban for a good draft pick..." - Not-A-Shot

Again, they already have a good draft pick - in Malcolm Subban.

"If Thomas hadn't turned into Mr. Whack-a-Mole, Rask would probably have been backing him up again this past season."  - Not-A-Shot

But, he DID. Thomas did turn into 'Mr Whach-a-Mole. The Bruins could not have forseen any of that and were EXTREMELY lucky, without hardly missing a beat, to be able to turn to their next Franchise goalie, Tuukka Rask. God forbid anything happens to Rask's abilities or psyche, but it would be VERY comforting to know that they could turn to yet another franchise goalie-in-waiting. Very few organizations, if any, have this kind of luxury. This makes the Bruins look very strong, very smart, very prepared.

I turn to a euchre analogy; 'Turn down a Bauer, lose for an hour'. Nothing wrong with having both the right and left Bauer in goal.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Great idea !

Keeping two good goalies always works out.

See:  Luongo and the Canucks

See:  Quick and the Kings

But seriously, Chowda, if the B's plan on keeping Rask for another six years or more, what's the point of hanging onto Subban?  If he's worth half the salt many here believe him to be, his return in trade would be a lot more useful than his value sitting at the end of the bench, right?

Great idea !

Keeping two good goalies always work out.

See: Thomas, Rask and the Bruins

The age difference allows Subban to development his game in Providence and then bring him along as a backup with the Bruins. 

See: Rask's career. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

"...and assuming there is a market for Subban, I consider a deal." - Crowls2424

But that's just it. There IS a market for Subban. Of course there is. Everyone is always going to be all-ears, for a blue-chip goaltending prospect. There is always a market for a 1st Round Drafted goaltender.

"....if they trade Subban for a good draft pick..." - Not-A-Shot

Again, they already have a good draft pick - in Malcolm Subban.

"If Thomas hadn't turned into Mr. Whack-a-Mole, Rask would probably have been backing him up again this past season."  - Not-A-Shot

But, he DID. Thomas did turn into 'Mr Whach-a-Mole. The Bruins could not have forseen any of that and were EXTREMELY lucky, without hardly missing a beat, to be able to turn to their next Franchise goalie, Tuukka Rask. God forbid anything happens to Rask's abilities or psyche, but it would be VERY comforting to know that they could turn to yet another franchise goalie-in-waiting. Very few organizations, if any, have this kind of luxury. This makes the Bruins look very strong, very smart, very prepared.

I turn to a euchre analogy; 'Turn down a Bauer, lose for an hour'. Nothing wrong with having both the right and left Bauer in goal.    

Taking statements out of context is bad form, Gord.