Malkin was not Tied Down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Malkin was not Tied Down

46.13 Jerseys - A player who deliberately removes his jersey prior to participating in an altercation or who is clearly wearing a jersey that has been modified and does not conform to Rule 9 – Uniforms, shall be assessed a minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct and a game misconduct. This is in addition to other penalties to be assessed to the participants of an altercation. If the altercation never materializes, the player or goalkeeper would receive a minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct and a ten-minute misconduct for deliberately removing his jersey.

A player who engages in a fight and whose jersey is removed (completely off his torso), other than through the actions of his opponent in the altercation or through the actions of the Linesman, shall be assessed a game misconduct penalty.

A player who engages in a fight and whose jersey is not properly “tied-down” (jersey properly fastened to pants), and who loses his jersey (completely off his torso) in that altercation, shall receive a game misconduct penalty. If the player  loses his jersey despite the tie down remaining intact and attached to the pants, the game misconduct is not applicable, however this must be reported to the League office so that the jersey and the tie down can be examined.

A player who is involved in an altercation, when the opponent has been identified as an instigator, shall not be assessed a game misconduct penalty if his jersey should be removed by an opponent or an official in the discharge of his duties, regardless as to whether or not he was properly “tied-down” (jersey properly fastened to pants).

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117572

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Malkin was not Tied Down

Do any of those apply?

I read them twice and don't think so, but I'm a big foggy today overall, so I may have missed something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Do any of those apply?

I read them twice and don't think so, but I'm a big foggy today overall, so I may have missed something.

Watching the replay now, and first time I noticed that he wasn't tied-down.

Guess it depends what "competely off his torso" means? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's Rob Ray or Marty McSorley style I think.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

So, nothing to see here?  I always thought it was a minor for fighting when you were not properly tied-down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

For what its worth, on one of the post game shows they said Bergie wasnt tied down either. But because neither jersey was pulled completely over the head, no gm would be applied.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

So, nothing to see here?  I always thought it was a minor for fighting when you were not properly tied-down.

That's exactly what I thought as well.  No tie, two minutes.  I guess you have to Rob Ray your jersey for it to be a problem.