Manitoba name leaks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Manitoba name leaks

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
    Secret is out. Wpg Jets returns.
    1 minute ago

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Manitoba name leaks

That's not so bad. It's way better than calling them the leaks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Heh,

Well I was hoping for a new name, but I can definitely live with it. Just get some new jerseys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Manitoba Massive Mosquitoes ala Anaheim mighty ducks j/k

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Why not Winnepeg ( We Still Suck ) Jets

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Manitoba name leaks:
    Why not Winnepeg ( We Still Suck ) Jets
    Posted by looneyman

this is why I was hoping for a ew name... but oh well, sine it's the Jets, I'll live with it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I give them 3 years tops, before the leak is something likes this.  "Winnipeg Jets are in Financial trouble, again".  Seems tickets prices have gone way up since the last time we tried to make a WHA team and NHL team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

My buddy was in line with Air Canada, heading back to Ottawa after game 4 and Don Cherry and Ron MaClean, and my buddy asked Don what Winnipeg's name was going to be. Cherry said, if if was up to him they would be called the Falcons, but that they were going to be called the Jets again....My question is, where did Don come up with the Falcons name ? Just curious. Anyone know , Red ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

My buddies and I used to call them Lose-apeg.  At least we can still use that!  Seriously though, best of luck with your new team red, you'll be their biggest fan I'm sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They have their season tickets sold out for the next 5 years, and have a waiting list of 8,000 people, even with the third highest ticket average in the country, and have the richest owner in all of North American sports.

Try again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I googled my question...Winnipeg Falcons won the Allan Cup in 1919-1920, and representd Canada at the 1920 Olympics winning Canada's first gold medal in ice hockey...I see the affection for the name the Falcons Don Cherry has....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Google: falcons mens team from Winnepeg 1919-1920

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Sorry I missed your question Stuke. Yeah, they were a pretty legendary team. They were also all Icelandic players, at a time when Icelanders in Manitoba were treated like second class citizens. (sort of like the Irish were in the States a century or so ago).

falcons was my first choice, but I can tolerate the Jets I guess.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

So, they are staying in the Southeast division?  What kind of nonsense is that?  Their travel schedule is going to be brutal.  6 month long jetlag.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah, for one season. Looking at their schedule yesterday, and it's a nightmare. There are 7 Western conference teamsthat are further east than the Jets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

So, they are staying in the Southeast division?  What kind of nonsense is that?  Their travel schedule is going to be brutal.  6 month long jetlag.
    Posted by abra-cadaver

It was too late to re-align.  They will move next year, maybe with a massive re-alignment of all divisions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

Wheeler still won't go into the corner to pick up his new jersey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Not only would the Falcons be wrong-- it would be like kicking another wound in Atlanta with naming the team they lost the same as their Football team--- wow!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Heh, Well I was hoping for a new name, but I can definitely live with it. Just get some new jerseys.
    Posted by red75

Stunned that they didn't name them the Winnipeg Hitchmans.  Has a nice ring to it, too.

Sharks and the Jets!

Here's the Jets song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exGJsv6ZNlo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Hope it works out better for Winnipeg than getting the Browns name back has worked for Cleveland!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Amen Kennedy. I didn't want it to be the Jets, but I was a voice in the wilderness.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The real question is Red, Have you seen Wheels strolling along a crosswalk with that deer in the headlights look even though the sign says "Don't Walk" ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Amen Kennedy. I didn't want it to be the Jets, but I was a voice in the wilderness.
    Posted by red75

I always liked the logo, so I hope that if they're bringing the name back, they bring the logo back with it (if it's not owned by someone in Phoenix, that is).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The old logos were owned by the league and given to the new Jets as part of the relocation fee, but it looks like the Jets 2.0 will have a new logo and colours, and possibly use an old logo as a third.

Sections
Shortcuts