Many of you should be Eating Crow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Many of you should be Eating Crow

What do you do now fair-weather fans? Will you be silent or will you hide?

It's a long year. Learn to control yourselves - when we win and when we lose! People will be impressed when you do because you'll be showing "class".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Many of you should be Eating Crow

No one saw this coming!!! It's justice.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I don't eat crow after 5 minutes of good hockey.

Play that way all they time and feed me the crow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Many of you should be Eating Crow:
    [QUOTE]I don't eat crow after 5 minutes of good hockey. Play that way all they time and feed me the crow.
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

Fly, this was your post before the comeback:

The team is so bad and weak I have a hard time watching.
    This could be one of the worst B's team in years!
    The lack of heart and emotion is mind numbing, from players, coaches, Gms and VPs. Not one once of self respect.

I don't feel bad when they lose now, just expect it.
    Every bad call they get they deserve from lack of effort.
    I can't wait to this season is over and hopefully they can start over from top down.

You are exactly what I am talking about. Learn to be level-headed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This was the perfect formula,  the antidote for that devastating loss to Montreal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swearengen. Show Swearengen's posts

Yeah, all you idiots that dared to criticize the team, when they played like garbage, in hopes that they get better......you don't deserve to enjoy their wins

What's that?  You buy tickets and/or watch every game on TV and suffer along with them when they lose?  Pfft, shut up, doesn't matter.   Because you DARED speak your mind and talk bad about this team when they totally deserved it

Only fans who blindly say everything is great, no matter how untrue it is, get to enjoy the wins.  The rest of you have to find a crow....kill it.....rip it's feathers off.......clean it.....cook it.....and eat it.....with rice pilaf

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]. You are exactly what I am talking about. Learn to be level-headed.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Who are you to preach to that poster?  Are you his Mom?

The Bruins were playing terribly and he and everyone else had every reason to bitterly complain.  This team plays like that much, much too often... without passion, hard to watch.

We are thrilled because they won, but you have no right to tell people how to act.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Again, it's not speaking your mind or complaining, we all do that here.  Everyone complains. 

But most people here are sick of the continuous bitter venting of miserable people who sit there and demand more from a sports team.  We get tired of all of the whineing and crying.  Try living in Cleveland.  In Boston we are spoiled with sports riches and even the Bruins happen to be one of the better teams in the NHL.

So after games like tonight, it is nice to get a break from the venting of bitter people and discuss the game with intelligent fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

In Response to Many of you should be Eating Crow:
    [QUOTE]What do you do now fair-weather fans? Will you be silent or will you hide? It's a long year. Learn to control yourselves - when we win and when we lose! People will be impressed when you do because you'll be showing "class".

Please.  Being a true fan is accepting the reality of your team's state of play. All the Bruins proved tonight is that they are if anything consistent at being inconsistent. 

The last period proved another thing and that's Claude's sit back and play not to lose system is a recipe for losing.  The Bruins play their best offensive and up tempo forechecking hockey almost exclusively when they are in desperation mode.  

Why? Because everyone stops sitting back in the neutral zone and the defensive zone and they actually try skating, carrying the puck with speed through the neutral zone and they actually battle for pucks.  This isn't a one game thing it happens every night with the B's.  You know when the game will get entertaining?  When we are down by a goal or two in the third.

The fact that they are more than capable of turning up the offense when they want to only further proves that the mission of this team has and will continue to be to try and win (or more appropriately) not lose 2-1  hockey games. 

The goal tending is sound enough, the defense is sound enough and the forwards play good enough defensive hockey for the Bruins to play a more up tempo, aggressive game.  However the coach doesn't allow it because he's more concerned with his job security than winning hockey games. Notice that Claude kept going with Thomas even though he was clearly becoming gassed. Why? Because Claude believes that was his best chance at winning games at that moment and keeping his job safe (no thinking of what burn out could do to Thomas and the team down the road). I'm sure either Neely, Sweeney, Chirallie or Thomas himself had to tell Claude to start playing Rask more (and I don't even want to hear how terrible Rask was playing. He wasn't playing bad, his numbers were fine, the team in front of him was failing him on most nights).

Anyone ever think for a second that the players are bored and frustrated with the system and that's one (not every) reason they play like they are in quick sand too often? There certainly seems to be a whole lot more effort being forth and fun being had when they are in desperation mode when Claude takes the training wheels off.

I'm no fair weather fan. I root for all my teams when or lose. I'm just not an idiot when it comes to calling out what's wrong with the teams.  

This win tonight is no more a vault to the cup anymore than the loss in Montreal is an indicator of a playoff DNQ. 

What tonight's game is is a reflection of the Bruins as a whole, they are a consistently, inconsistent team that plays a boring "not to lose instead of trying to win" brand of hockey.  Good enough to qualify for the playoffs leading to a collapse in rounds 1 or 2.

A new coach and style, more speed and skill in the forwards and d-men that can either skate or make a play are needed if a consistent year to year cup run is going to made in the coming seasons. Otherwise the only cup we will be holding anytime soon is the one we get from Dunkin Donuts.

Oh and to ensure I'm not tabbed a fair weather fan go Bruins.  The fact that I've paid to see three terrible home games this year should disqualify me from being thrown into the fair weather fan bucket.  Ugh.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

At the risk of coming across as your deciple...I gotta say it again

Amen

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

However the coach doesn't allow it because he's more concerned with his job security than winning hockey games..

WHAT????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

You make some valid points bobforte.  I respect your opinion, however, I really think that focusing them solely on the coach may be a bit simplistic.
    This team is...consistently, inconsistent, and that's frustrating.  We see strteches where this team takes the bull by the horn, and stretches where it's totally lost.
    Guess I think that's a result of a really balanced league, the reality of some guys having an off nite, the law of averages, and people being human.
     I don't think this team is super...I don't see any in the league without warts right now, and I don't think they're terrible either.  I think there is diddly squat available to make them much better short term, and I think they should make the playoffs.  I want a cup, but find it ridiculous to expect one.
    Changes will come closer to the deadline, and they may be minimal.  I'm ok with that because I feel that's all there is.
    This team is in the mix, and I'm going to enjoy the games and see what happens.
    I'm not gonna get my panties in a knot regarding a coaching change, because I've followed this sport long enough to know, that rarely brings anything good... short term.
    I hated Saturdays game, and I enjoyed tonites.  That's what keeps me coming back.
    I make no apologies for that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Many of you should be Eating Crow:[QUOTE]However the coach doesn't allow it because he's more concerned with his job security than winning hockey games.. WHAT???? Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Yah exactly Cowboys What tha...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

[QUOTE]However the coach doesn't allow it because he's more concerned with his job security than winning hockey games.. WHAT????
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Let me clarify.  Claude knows that if he plays boring not to lose hockey which means over using Thomas and playing to 2-1 shoot out losses he might just win enough games to make the playoffs, get bounced in rd. 1 or 2 and still get to keep his job.  Thus he coaches like this team plays, not to lose his job instead of trying to win, hoping that if does just enough he gets to stick around.

If we were actually concerned about winning over the long haul and developing the team's talent he would take more risks and alter (not completely change) his style of play. Yes that would mean taking a risk the team falters during the transition and losses more than it's fair share of games before the new system cliques.  

Thus instead of being concerned about the team winning now and more importantly in the future, he's more concerned about getting this team to play just good enough hockey to keep his job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

[QUOTE]What do you do now fair-weather fans? Will you be silent or will you hide? It's a long year. Learn to control yourselves - when we win and when we lose! People will be impressed when you do because you'll be showing "class".

Agreed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

hopefully julien realizes that he needs to turn these guys loose...this is ateam that plays way to defensive ...cut them loose like in the third and these guys will score big time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I will always give my opinion, be it positive or negative.
    Right now, I am beginning to get very excited with this team. They have a winning record, and they only give an effort for 5 to 20 minutes, a game.
    Imagine if they start trying for a full 60 minutes!! Skys the limit!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

no, no crow here.....so, the only way to avoid a collapse is to come from behind in the last few min of the game, at least it avoids that stupid defensive mode that keeps costing them games late.

No, someone here said it, PC does not get the right players for CJ's system, they are on different pages. That's why Yelle and Axelsson did so well with Boston...they fit the system. Until this is addressed we will continue to see a very inconsistent team, and this season we don't have really strong defensive players like the aforementioned. PC's trying to build a team that can score goals, and we know they can as they demonstrated in Oct...what happened? CJ squelched it.

I'll take the 2 points any day, especially the way they did it tonight and against Pit...it was nice after last Sat debacle, but this bi-polar team is exactly what it will be...we're on a big high after a big low. Convinced this season that CJ has to go, OR get some good defensive players that actually fit this system.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Big deal.  The B's won one game.  We've seen this before.  Ying-yang, Jekyll-Hyde, etc.  The pattern continues...

Unless and until it changes, no way this team can be considered a legit Cup contender.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Wheatskins is just another Bruins fan relations department pom pom boy lol

How dare you not ignore the Bruins atrocious play for much of this season and take it all back because of a fluky win vs the Crosbyless Penguins

How dare you not call this Bruins squad the soon to be Cup Champions

How dare you have an opinion different then what Jack Edwards and Delaware North wants you to have!

Repent you sinners! 2 hours of consecutive pom pom waving is your punishment!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Here we go again! Either I don't write well in English or you boys and girls don't understand what you read.

Where did I write that you can't complain? I wrote to control yourselves and be levelheaded. Show some class.

It's easy to write he or they stink, or he has stone hands and trade this that and the other thing for the other team's best player.

And according to SoxfaninIL, I'm preaching and I'm not one of the poster's mother, so I should not preach to him what to do.

As, Richard Pryor (a good old Illinios son) once said: "In church, our Pastore preached from the pulpit. Outside the Church he preached with a baseball bat in his hands." What does that tell you Soxfan?

And if I were that poster's mother, he'd have many problems. The biggest one being that I'm his mother.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Anyone ever stop to think that the Bs can't play an up tempo style of play because they don't have many defensemen that can move or skate the puck up ice? Quality PMD are pretty important in an up tempo style of play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO bobforte2002 has some good points, except Julien has his own style of hockey 101 and that is all he seems to coach. KPD reminds us of that and with the Lewis factor still present, Claude is going nowhere soon. Having said that, someone must be whispering in Claude's ear because he used Campbell with bergie and Marchand in the last half of period 3. This worked because it saved Recchi for the PP; it kept Thornton on the bench; it had smart hockey players on the ice to try to win and to keep it close. Nothing will change Claude's stubborn commitment to defense only at times, but , just maybe someone is whispering.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

...said Lucy to Charlie Brown.

See? Now there's no reason at all for you not to kick the football! I'll hold it for you, and THIS time you'll nail it! Go ahead, Charlie Brown--here it is!

p.s. I'm sure Crosby being out had nothing to do with that win. Please. Talk to me from your high horse when they go on a 4-game win streak. Heck--I'll make it easy---gimme 3 and I'll get to that crow for ya.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Many of you should be Eating Crow : ...said Lucy to Charlie Brown. See? Now there's no reason at all for you not to kick the football! I'll hold it for you, and THIS time you'll nail it! Go ahead, Charlie Brown--here it is! p.s. I'm sure Crosby being out had nothing to do with that win. Please. Talk to me from your high horse when they go on a 4-game win streak. Heck--I'll make it easy---gimme 3 and I'll get to that crow for ya.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Don't act like all you need to come around is a 3 game win streak....It's already happenned this year and your skepticism never waned.You manage to be angry with them win or lose,and then feel that those of us who aren't angry just don't see what you do.Boston managed a comeback 5 goal 3rd with Crosby in the lineup but who's making excuses now?

Sections
Shortcuts