Marble Loaf Parade Back On

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Marble Loaf Parade Back On

The band wagon in Leaf Land is now completely full, just 9 days after it was almost empty.

Six wins in a row has brought celebrations to the congregation.

Not much has changed in the nine days, but if Leaf Nation are getting their jollies - more power to them.

As one radio guy said this morning: "Things appear to be going well, so you know this will not end well."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Marble Loaf Parade Back On

Bless their little hearts , I've got a lot friends who are leaf fans , who not that long ago were giving up , and were one step away from the ledge...now I'm bombarded with texts from some of these fair weathers boasting that their coming for the Bruins . I used to feel sorry for them , but ,I can't find it in my heart anymore....it's beyond rediculous .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

My wife was starting to crow a little about her Leafs when Joe Bowen pointed out that the Leafs were trying to go 5-0 against 'Olympic bound' goaltenders: Rask(FIN), Miller(US), Price(CAN), Smith(CAN and Varlamov(RUS) with Schneider(US) just missing the cut (making it 6-0).

I said to her that obviously the reason those goalies lost was because they were distracted by their naming to the Olympic teams and not thinking enough of the Leafs.

She didn't like that much.

Footnote: Last night Miller looked very much distracted in Buffalo's 4-3 loss to Florida...some of those shots are usually stopped when he is 'right'.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

You guys are up there so you would know more, but I dont think they would ever jump ship. They live and die with that team, they get too excited about winning streaks, and too down when they lose a couple. Red Sox fans know this well. We were always waiting for something bad to happen. 2004 changed all of that.

Do Leaf fans view Patrice Bergeron as their Bucky Bleepin Dent or Aaron Freakin Boone?

I can't tell you how many times I declared I was done with the Sox, only to be watching the next game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The Laffs remind me of the pre-2004 Red Sox. Their fans would die for them to win, but every prospect is the next big thing. Nazem Kadri = Scott Cooper to me. They still look a long way off from being truly legit to me. I don't hear the duckboats being set up in Columbus yet they've been just as good recently.

If they ever do win the big one their fans will become even more unbearable than Sox fans.

Bless their little hearts indeed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I sat next to some Leaf fans at the Avs/Leafs game last night.  They're adorable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

awwww, so adorable they are.

Hey doggie, what likelihood of the Leafs winning?

...Ruff

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"If they ever do win the big one their fans will become even more unbearable than Sox fans."

You would have thought the reverse after the WS victories. No it has gotten worse, managers and bartenders, of sports bars, dread seeing Patriot and Sox come tumbling in.

There is a Canucklehead and Lerf bar in downtown SD, oh the comedy when either get on a win streak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I'd rather talk about the same off and on play of the Islanders.  Now that team could be a spoiler if it made it into the playoffs.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd rather talk about the same off and on play of the Islanders.  Now that team could be a spoiler if it made it into the playoffs.  

[/QUOTE]

Dr. Nassau and Mr. Brooklyn that team is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

You guys are up there so you would know more, but I dont think they would ever jump ship. They live and die with that team, they get too excited about winning streaks, and too down when they lose a couple. Red Sox fans know this well. We were always waiting for something bad to happen. 2004 changed all of that.

Do Leaf fans view Patrice Bergeron as their Bucky Bleepin Dent or Aaron Freakin Boone?

I can't tell you how many times I declared I was done with the Sox, only to be watching the next game.

You drilled down on it, kel.  When I listen to some of the local sports call-ins their supporters weep and moan when their team's state is crap but Lerf fans never bail. Ever! It's almost 50 years and counting, creeping up on half a century between championships yet Forbes has them listed as the most valuable hockey team.

Proves winning here in Toronto isn't needed to generate tons of dough - if you're the Leafs, that is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

7-1 Stars,Bernier chased,Reimer has done no better,parade postponed till furthur notice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

7-1 Stars,Bernier chased,Reimer has done no better,parade postponed till furthur notice.

[/QUOTE]

Postponed with a thud. 50.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

awwww, so adorable they are.

Hey doggie, what likelihood of the Leafs winning?

...Ruff

[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Even Pevs scored last night. 2 assists for TS.

Sections
Shortcuts