Marc Bergevin - Impressive

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Marc Bergevin - Impressive

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Cats do it too, except they do it indoors.  And I like dogs.

No kidding, pretty damn annoying when they do it as well....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I yam whadayam....

Ralph Ellison fan...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I yam whadayam....

Ralph Ellison fan...?

Popeye?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Incredible implies that he's done things I wouldn't believe or have seen coming.  So ditching Gomez is not an incredible move (influencing the application of the buyout rule is sort of interesting).

Signed Price to a market value contract at $6.5M cap hit.  Signed Pacioretty to a market second contract after one year of high-end production.  The question here is was it smart to give him a 5 year deal and pay the high end for a second contract (more than Lucic's much debated deal, though yes, a few years of market inflation later) or would it have been smarter to go with a shorter deal to let him prove himself and then re-sign him to a higher deal while he's still an RFA.  The current deal ends with MP as a UFA.  Prust at a $2.5M cap hit...well, they needed some cojos even if $2.5M is no better than a fair price for Prust.  Bouillion for cheap has worked well.  Kudos.

I don't give them more credit for Galchenyuk than I'd give ChiaPete for Seguin.  Concussed monkey makes that pick - second best forward in the draft at #3 because Columbus went D at #2.  The one thing I'll concede is that they had the guts to pick him after he missed an entire year with an injury.

The worst to first deal has a lot to do with a healthy Markov and the coaching change.  One of those belongs to the trainer, the other to Bergevin.  Gionta and Cole are less important to the long term future than Diaz, Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Gallagher.  So play them now.

Ryder for Cole...see above.  If Ryder produces as he has in Dallas, great.  If not, they've shuffled out a veteran they didn't need two years early.

Incredible?  I wouldn't say so.  Good, yes.  Evidence of the willingness to make decisions but not the ego that makes GMs want to "put their stamp" on everything like cats marking territory.

Good post from NAS and good response from Book... nice to know the reasons I come here are still valid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch - yep.  Loved teaching Invisible Man.

50 - that too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Fletch - yep.  Loved teaching Invisible Man.

50 - that too.

One of my favorites.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Marc Bergevin - Competent. (I'll upgrade him to pretty dang decent in a year or so if he doesn't do anything Gauthier-esque)

Book, I prefer H.G. Wells. Yeah no real social significance but good stuff imo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/27/video-leafs-brown-gets-tossed-for-boarding-habs-gorges/

Bergevin will have some more work to do if Diaz and Gorges are out for any length of time. What a terrible call!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That was a miserable call, San.  I'm watching the game and wow, this is how hockey should be!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/27/video-leafs-brown-gets-tossed-for-boarding-habs-gorges/

Bergevin will have some more work to do if Diaz and Georges are out for any length of time. What a terrible call!

Yes it was San. Maybe worth a minor but 5 and a game was ridiculous.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't remember complaining this much about the refs the last few years or complaining more than usual.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I don't remember complaining this much about the refs the last few years or complaining more than usual.

Chowdah says they're as good a they've always been. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Chowdah says they're as good a they've always been. :)

^That is a Master Card commercial!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And as predicted, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Silence for a couple of weeks about officiating then ........bang............more complaints about officiating because of a rash of calls. LOL

Yes ! Referees ? It's their worst season ever.  And you'll be reading the same comments again next year.....and the year after ......and.........

Just watch the game and accept human errors as part of it. Officiating in other sports is worse. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And as predicted, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Silence for a couple of weeks about officiating then ........bang............more complaints about officiating because of a rash of calls. LOL

Yes ! Referees ? It's their worst season ever.  And you'll be reading the same comments again next year.....and the year after ......and.........

Just watch the game and accept human errors as part of it. Officiating in other sports is worse. 

Chowda as much as we disagree you are spot on in this one.  I think eventually they will have some kinda challenge flag.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I have read all of the trade proposals, rumor central league is now upon the hockey world.  So I will add to this post.  

Officiating will always be suspect, true enough.  The criticism of the officiating should never stop nonetheless.  Cooke on Savard, new disciplinarian, Shanahan gets criticized in year one, refinement continues....that is the flow of change.  In the 21st century one should use what is available to make officiating better always.  Adjudicating by Shanahan will year by year perfect officiating imo. Secondly, the NHL needs to reassess the rules each year.  The CTE knowledge will undoubtedly change icing, modify charging and boarding, and broadsiding.  New rules will need to be refined by on ice officials.  Sorry but I have to disagree with officiating remains the same year after year.  The game of hockey is best with constant constructive criticism and refinement.  The BDC forum officaiating debate is a reflection of the positives of the NHL in a state of change.  

I still want Mark Streit! E-harmony Now! Dream on with Perry, although he would be a good addition, and lastly PC is fine at making trades, lousy at drafting.  So Briere if PC can.  

Bergevin should trade for Briere.  Ryder and Briere would be a playoff tandem. Hehe.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Public admonishment of officiating is fine, but do we need it here?  Do we need each game thread to be littered with "how is that a penalty" and "why isn't that a call" and "Ref A doesn't want the b's to win" etc?

I say no.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I have read all of the trade proposals, rumor central league is now upon the hockey world.  So I will add to this post.  

Officiating will always be suspect, true enough.  The criticism of the officiating should never stop nonetheless.  Cooke on Savard, new disciplinarian, Shanahan gets criticized in year one, refinement continues....that is the flow of change.  In the 21st century one should use what is available to make officiating better always.  Adjudicating by Shanahan will year by year perfect officiating imo. Secondly, the NHL needs to reassess the rules each year.  The CTE knowledge will undoubtedly change icing, modify charging and boarding, and broadsiding.  New rules will need to be refined by on ice officials.  Sorry but I have to disagree with officiating remains the same year after year.  The game of hockey is best with constant constructive criticism and refinement.  The BDC forum officaiating debate is a reflection of the positives of the NHL in a state of change.  

I still want Mark Streit! E-harmony Now! Dream on with Perry, although he would be a good addition, and lastly PC is fine at making trades, lousy at drafting.  So Briere if PC can.  

Bergevin should trade for Briere.  Ryder and Briere would be a playoff tandem. Hehe.  

It won't and never has.

And "constructive criticism" isla ? For some ? Yes, I'm all for that ? Shupe's ( yes I read it and it was a good thought ) red flag idea was that.

For the rest ? Change your two c's to "constant complaining". Useless.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If you mean the game miscalls of tripping, hooking, slashing, etc. then I agree.  The NHL does need to improve, but hockey fans should be concerned only with balanced calls on ice, no favoritism.  Montreal and Toronto games included!.  

As for the criticisms of the NHL over "Cooke" like criminal acts, plays involving concussed injuries, and rulings of Shanahan,  well, I think the forum is a good place to give opinions and views.  

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Public admonishment of officiating is fine, but do we need it here?  Do we need each game thread to be littered with "how is that a penalty" and "why isn't that a call" and "Ref A doesn't want the b's to win" etc?

I say no.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

If you mean the game miscalls of tripping, hooking, slashing, etc. then I agree.  The NHL does need to improve, but hockey fans should be concerned only with balanced calls on ice, no favoritism.  Montreal and Toronto games included!.  

As for the criticisms of the NHL over "Cooke" like criminal acts, plays involving concussed injuries, and rulings of Shanahan,  well, I think the forum is a good place to give opinions and views.

I completely agree, Isla.  The bad and dangerous are interesting to discuss.  The missed offside at 9:21 of the second which leads to "How did they miss that?  I'm so sick of the Bruins getting hosed by officials with agendas" is not interesting.

Sections
Shortcuts