Marc Savard's Name On The Cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Marc Savard's Name On The Cup

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/No-decision-yet-for-Marc-Savard-s-name-on-Bruins?urn=nhl-wp9464

I hope Savard is an exception to the offical league rule of having to play 41 regular season games.  After what he's endured the past two seasons thanks to dirtbag, blindside Cooke plus a career that remains uncertain, it would be a shame for his name to be excluded from the engravings.  With any luck, PC's planned petition is successful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Marc Savard's Name On The Cup

OH;OH RHO. You opened a can of worms. I vote yes he should.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I think he should definitely be on there. If I recall, it's also subject to available space but I don't think there are too many more eligible from those that finished against Vancouver + Horton. Does Hnidy get on the cup for 3 playoff games?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Marc Savard's Name On The Cup:
    [QUOTE]OH;OH RHO. You opened a can of worms. I vote yes he should.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

nite - I'm not trying to stir anything up, buddy.  It's an unfortunate circumstance that has him in it's grip and the rules are clear.  I'm just hoping Chiarelli can get Savard's name included but if he can't, he can't. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I think he should definitely be on there. If I recall, it's also subject to available space but I don't think there are too many more eligible from those that finished against Vancouver + Horton. Does Hnidy get on the cup for 3 playoff games?
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

Kurako - According to the rules given in this article, if a player participated in one Cup Final game, he'd qualify for his name to be on it.  As you said Hnidy played in one of the earlier rounds but I don't remember him suiting up in The Finals. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Marc Savard's Name On The Cup:[QUOTE]OH;OH RHO. You opened a can of worms. I vote yes he should. Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I hear Newfie running to his computer LoL!

RHO, its a debatable subject which means it creates two strong sides of the "Savard Love/Hate" on this board. Emotions show on such subjects that's the way it goes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marc Savard's Name On The Cup :                          I hear Newfie running to his computer LoL! RHO, its a debatable subject which means it creates two strong sides of the "Savard Love/Hate" on this board. Emotions show on such subjects that's the way it goes.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Dawg - Exactly.  It's along the same lines of the former pros/cons of Ryder/Wideman/Wheeler and Thomas perspectives. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

we must stop being so emotional when considering savvy. if he gets his name on the cup, so should EVERY OTHER PLAYER that suited up for the bruins this past season. you can't make exceptions because you feel bad for a guy. and yes i do feel bad for him and his situation, but then, how do you explain to kampfer why his name is left off the cup? slippery slope you see...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]we must stop being so emotional when considering savvy. if he gets his name on the cup, so should EVERY OTHER PLAYER that suited up for the bruins this past season. you can't make exceptions because you feel bad for a guy. and yes i do feel bad for him and his situation, but then, how do you explain to kampfer why his name is left off the cup? slippery slope you see...
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Kampfer hasn't given to this team what a healthy Savvy did. Kamfper joined the team this season. Savvy's been there since 06-07. Huge difference!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marc Savard's Name On The Cup : nite - I'm not trying to stir anything up, buddy.  It's an unfortunate circumstance that has him in it's grip and the rules are clear.  I'm just hoping Chiarelli can get Savard's name included but if he can't, he can't. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

No I know you're not trying to. However; this thread was already done right after the B's won it. There's quite a few who let their feelings about Savard the man vs Savard the Bruin let what's right get in the way of their decision.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The only reason Savard didn't play enough games, and in the playoffs, is an injury.  Should be a no brainer.  Kampfer's the only other player in a remotely similar situation, but he was a 7th D from the day they acquired Kaberle, which makes him a Coach's Decision more than an injury scratch.  That said, Kampfer is what, three game short?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marc Savard's Name On The Cup : No I know you're not trying to. However; this thread was already done right after the B's won it. There's quite a few who let their feelings about Savard the man vs Savard the Bruin let what's right get in the way of their decision.

nite - I forgot the topic was already raised when I read the article this week.  Cheers!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I thought they said they were petitioning for Kampfer as well, as the only reason he never hit 41 was due to injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Contribution to winning the Cup:  Zero

Reasons to have his name on the Cup:  Zero

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marc Savard's Name On The Cup : Kampfer hasn't given to this team what a healthy Savvy did. Kamfper joined the team this season. Savvy's been there since 06-07. Huge difference!

Unless you're going to rally for Stanislav Chistov, a vaunted member of the '06-07 team, also to get his name on the Cup, what happened in previous seasons means nothing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Contribution to winning the Cup:  Zero Reasons to have his name on the Cup:  Zero
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I can think of a several good reasons to have his name on the cup.

Many fans like it.

The Bruins ownership\management hasn't come across as the kindler gentler bunch that the rest of the NHL has, this is a gesture which improves that image.

With the salary cap, you have to do as much as you can to make the work environment better.  Not putting in your full number of hours, then getting dented on the shop floor and *still* getting the benny of having the cup for a day is a nice gesture toward the workers.  No, in and of itself it won't attract a free agent to sign with the Bruins, add together several such things and it may have that effect.

What does it hurt?

Who does it hurt?

What bad can come of it?

So why not do it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Savard will probably find his way on to the cup, the fact is this cup wasn't won soley in this season, and Savard was a part of the transformation.. He didn't play solely because of an injury..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Savard will probably find his way on to the cup, the fact is this cup wasn't won soley in this season, and Savard was a part of the transformation.. He didn't play solely because of an injury..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

And without his injury, they wouldn't have had the same team. 

If Savard is still playing, Krejci is displaced, so Bergeron is displaced.  That makes the acquisitions of Kelly and Peverley unlikely.  Add in to that the money that had to go to Kaberle, he probably wouldn't have been acquired either, meaning another defenseman would have been or they would have continued on with Hnidy.

If Savard's contributions in previous seasons are going to be taken into account, I want a petition for Samsonov's name on there also.  No only did he play well for many years, he was also the part that went out when that second round pick (Lucic) came back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marc Savard's Name On The Cup :What does it hurt? Who does it hurt? What bad can come of it? So why not do it?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

What does it hurt?  The integrity of the others who had to work and contribute to get their name there.

Who does it hurt?  Any player who actually won the Cup.

What bad can come of it?  Every time a rule is bent, it risks being bent more.

So why not do it?  Because he played no part whatsoever in winning the Cup.  For the 25 games (not enough!) he was on the ice, he was god awful terrible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

NAS,
    while he didnt contibute to the team this season, he was part of the team, the same reason the bruins submitted a petition to put him on the cup..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS, while he didnt contibute to the team this season, he was part of the team, the same reason the bruins submitted a petition to put him on the cup..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

The rule is the rule.  41 games.  Half of the season on the ice.  He didn't.

He did not make one quality contribution to winning outside of going on LTIR to free up the cap space.

I know a lot of people are are Savard fans and want his name on there for sentimental reasons.  Can someone give me a few of his contributions actually to winning the Cup?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from reuben4boston. Show reuben4boston's posts

You know, reading these forums has gotten a lot easier after ignoring Not-a-shot, seeing as he doesnt add anything to the convo, save for insulting everyone. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oh no! Please! Don't ignore me!  Please!  You and your six total posts are so important for me to have in my life!  Please don't do it!

Why do people always feel the need to tell others that they're being ignored?  No one cares what you don't read.  No one cares what you do read.

Edit for Chowda:

Savard didn't do anything to get his name on the Cup! 

(There, it's about hockey!  Smile, that was in jest.)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marc Savard's Name On The Cup : The rule is the rule.  41 games.  Half of the season on the ice.  He didn't. He did not make one quality contribution to winning outside of going on LTIR to free up the cap space. I know a lot of people are are Savard fans and want his name on there for sentimental reasons.  Can someone give me a few of his contributions actually to winning the Cup?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

So then you dont expect him to be on the cup I take it?
    I mean would you want to take Konstantinov off the cup the season he was added by petition?