Marchand - 2 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Marchand - 2 games

In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games:
    I don't think there should be any suspension, or that he should have gotten 5 and a game. But I still don't like the hit.  That lowbridgeing stuff is the calling card of Burrows and Lapierre type players.  It was one thing when Gionta was making a run at Marchand after the whistle against the boards.  In this case, Salo was making a hockey play and both guys were coming to a collision and trying to win the puck.  Take the hit, dodge the hit, whatever.  But to duck the hit at the last second, and send the guy flying through the air upside down, is bad form.  That's Canuck hockey, not Bruins hockey.  I'm no Marchand hater, but I didn't like the hit. I didn't like the lowbridge that Ballard put on Campbell in the 2nd period either.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Fletch, the league is tough enough for a guy Marchand's size but now fans want him to play within the rule book and then some. I didn't expect a penalty and was excited to watch him take the puck back up ice. What was Salo doing skating in backwards?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Does anyone take into consideration that Marchand is 5'9" and when he bends down is half of that. If a player 6'3" or better comes rushing in to deliver a check or play the puck beware. Once again, watch the replay, the check was not at the knees or lower as clipping is defined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

And when Chara lifts his hands, it's a high stick because he just happens to be tall... same stuff here.

No way Marchand deserved more than 2 minutes. No way should he be suspended... but in Sheriff Shanny's Wild West, who knows?

All I want is for these things to be a little more consistent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

DrCC posted elsewhere the misconduct on Lucic was recinded, Crowls stated earlier in that thread that he counted 8 Canucks on the ice.  So are the Canucks complaining, ahhhhh nope!  

Marchand does go underneath players to advance the puck with success in other games.  He did not have the puck this time.  It was a matter of time he would touple a player like Salo, who was also skating backwards to check Marchand.  The point was he hit below the waist.  Clipping or intent to injure, take your choice the NHL will say.  IMO Marchand knew what he was doing.  Salo on the other hand knows better to skate backwards into the boards going after a puck.  Marchand will be suspended under those conditions.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

DrCC posted elsewhere the misconduct on Lucic was recinded, Crowls stated earlier in that thread that he counted 8 Canucks on the ice.  So are the Canucks complaining, ahhhhh nope!   Marchand does go underneath players to advance the puck with success in other games.  He did not have the puck this time.  It was a matter of time he would touple a player like Salo, who was also skating backwards to check Marchand.  The point was he hit below the waist.  Clipping or intent to injure, take your choice the NHL will say.  IMO Marchand knew what he was doing.  Salo on the other hand knows better to skate backwards into the boards going after a puck.  Marchand will be suspended under those conditions.    
    Posted by islamorada

islamorada - Elliotte Friedman just said the league is going to review the play.  Glenn Healey was howling off camera that Marchand should be suspended as there's no place in the game for "scratching, biting and that kind of stuff."  P. J., also off camera totally disagreed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Marchand - 2 games : I (and CJ apparently) don't want to reel in the team's top goal scorer. CJ already said the kid needs to play with an edge. Tell me the hit was below the knees and then I'll agree on the penalty but you can't so I won't.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Playing with an edge and playing with intent to injure are two different things, and Marchand leans more to the latter at times.

I absolutely love the kids skill and compete levels, as well as his ability to get under the opponent's skin, but he doesn't need to slew foot and go low to keep his edgy play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : Dez you do realize you're debating with Marchand haters, don't you. No win situation.
    Posted by 50belowzero

Not a Marchand hater at all, I just don't want him to be responsible for ending someones career.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : islamorad - Elliotte Friedman just said the league is going to review the play.  Glenn Healey was howling off camera that Marchand should be suspended as there's no place in the game for "scratching, biting and that kind of stuff."  P. J., also off camera totally disagreed.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Friedman is a Habs fan and Gainey admirer so I am sure he was smiling on the inside when he reported it. Not a big fan of him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Vancouver+wins+game+loses+Salo+Canucks+furious+Marchand+cheap+shot/5962508/story.html

And speaking of Marchand, some thoughts from the Canuck side. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeg4. Show jeg4's posts

If the league doesn't suspend him for 2 games, Claude should bench him.  It was just a dirty play and killed the B's chances.  Marchmont really needs to smarten up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : Playing with an edge and playing with intent to injure are two different things, and Marchand leans more to the latter at times. I absolutely love the kids skill and compete levels, as well as his ability to get under the opponent's skin, but he doesn't need to slew foot and go low to keep his edgy play.
    Posted by hangnail

Maybe Marchand goes low to protect himself? Would it have been better if he turned to the boards, get slammed from behind and take a concussion?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Do we even know if Salo is hurt?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from phildageek. Show phildageek's posts

Marchand is an embarrassment ot the Bruin Jersey! Get rid of him while he has some value. We dont need a rat, a chicken, a fake Bruin like this on the team. ANd to hit a player of Salo's class and seniority shows even more disrespect for the GAme and the Bruin culture.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from phildageek. Show phildageek's posts

Maybe Marchand goes low to protect himself? Would it have been better if he turned to the boards, get slammed from behind and take a concussion?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from phildageek. Show phildageek's posts

i cant believe hpw blind some of you are to the truth. Unbelievable! Marchard is so guilty and has made the whole team look bad. He's a disgrace. Face it man, he's a big loser.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnderbysd. Show johnderbysd's posts

Marchand has a lot of skill...he could be such a class act...such a waste...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Says the guy who opened his account today and has 3 posts... TROLL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Don Cherry, during his Coach's Corner spoke on the Marchand play.  He said he likes Marchand but low-balling is one of the worst things a player can do.  He also said that kind of play leads straight to Burke's remarks earlier this week about rats taking over the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins4me. Show bruins4me's posts

The officiating was terrible in todays game period!! If those  idiot officials are the best the Nhl has the league is in serious trouble. they lost control of this game from the start.Terrible Terrible calls!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I can't comment on speculation.  I only can comment on what I see with my eyes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Don Cherry, during his Coach's Corner spoke on the Marchand play.  He said he likes Marchand but low-balling is one of the worst things a player can do.  He also said that kind of play leads straight to Burke's remarks earlier this week about rats taking over the league.
    Posted by RichHillOntario

He also mentioned about tough guy Weise's woosy reaction to Thornton.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Didn't get to watch the game, just saw the replay though.  He's done that at least twice already this season without a peep.  I don't know if he's been warned about it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : Playing with an edge and playing with intent to injure are two different things, and Marchand leans more to the latter at times.
    Posted by hangnail

How do you know his intent?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

How do you know his intent?

There's really only one reason to slew foot or clip, and it doesn't have anything to do with winning  hockey games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : He also mentioned about tough guy Weise's woosy reaction to Thornton.
    Posted by 50belowzero

50 - And wussy it was - and he's their enforcer. 

Sections
Shortcuts