Marchand - 2 games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Marchand - 2 games

In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : 50 - And wussy it was - and he's their enforcer. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    I knew when i spelled wussy it didn't look right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Funny to see Vancouver whining about this.  It looks like Keith Ballard has made a career out of such hits.  I was looking for his hit on Campbell from today's game, and it appears his method of hitting is a "hip check" where he completely under-cuts the guy and tries to get him to land on his head.

He's not the only guy on the team either, as we saw Dan Humhuis injure himself doing the same thing to Lucic last year in the finals.  Here are 3 recent examples from Ballard I found.  All pretty cheap and dirty, which is the kind of play Elaine and their dirtbag GM pride themselves in.

Jordin Tootoo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znuYertkcX0

Jamie McGinn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znuYertkcX0

Henrik Zetterberg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsqbbppjDsY

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Do we even know if Salo is hurt?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

Salo is always hurt, might be made of glass.  Ever seen his player bio on TSN, with his injury detail?
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1550

He hasn't played 70 games in a season since 2003-04. 

All kidding aside, hope he's ok,  that was a nasty tumble.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Marchand Lovers Vs Marchand Haters.

Great reads as I sit back in neutral land. 

On a side note Hammonds Plains rink in NS where Brad had the cup has a painting of 4 stanley cup with Marchand in the middle.  Thought it was pretty cool.  Next time Im there I will snap a shot. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand Lovers Vs Marchand Haters. Great reads as I sit back in neutral land.  On a side note Hammonds Plains rink in NS where Brad had the cup has a painting of 4 stanley cup with Marchand in the middle.  Thought it was pretty cool.  Next time Im there I will snap a shot. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    You hit the nail on the head here Shup. Please post the pic if you get it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : You hit the nail on the head here Shup. Please post the pic if you get it.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Neutral land stinks...but I'm working on a nicer kinder shuperman.  I will be there next week again.  Im getting transferred there and will be living in the same hood as Marchands parents.  His family is stinky rich. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand Lovers Vs Marchand Haters. Great reads as I sit back in neutral land.  On a side note Hammonds Plains rink in NS where Brad had the cup has a painting of 4 stanley cup with Marchand in the middle.  Thought it was pretty cool.  Next time Im there I will snap a shot. 

The best post of the night !

It's like HBO's fight night.
    On one side (Marchand lover) we have wearing the black and yellow trunks Dezooo...
    and on the otherside (Marchand hater) we have wearing the yellow and black trunks NAStiiiii.....

From one extreme to the other. Dez,Marchand can't do any wrong and NAS, Marchand is just the dirtiest player in the NHL. No in-between LOL

and I'm playing with you guys

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Since when is ducking from a headhunters suspendable?  I don't get this league anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : The best post of the night ! It's like HBO's fight night. On one side (Marchand lover) we have wearing the black and yellow trunks Dezooo... and on the otherside (Marchand hater) we have wearing the yellow and black trunks NAStiiiii..... From one extreme to the other. Dez,Marchand can't do any wrong and NAS, Marchand is just the dirtiest player in the NHL. No in-between LOL and I'm playing with you guys
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Hey, I didn't say Marchand can do no wrong. I'm just saying he did nothing today. The fact that's it's being debated by so many tells me it wasn't as dirty as some are making it out to be.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : Hey, I didn't say Marchand can do no wrong. I'm just saying he did nothing today. The fact that's it's being debated by so many tells me it wasn't as dirty as some are making it out to be.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez,
    I havent even seen the play yet.  I may avoid watching.  I'm in the tired of reviewing every play group.  Hockey is not shown on TSN Sportsdesk.  Its questionable hits. 
    The league is a joke and continues to get worst

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : Hey, I didn't say Marchand can do no wrong. I'm just saying he did nothing today. The fact that's it's being debated by so many tells me it wasn't as dirty as some are making it out to be.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I know Dez, I'm fooling around with you . I hate the fact that people are blaming Marchand for the loss it's not their fault their hate for the kid blinds their judgment.  Most he should have gotten was 2mins and Vancouver would have scored maybe only 1 goal. 
    It's so easy to point out things like this but then when he makes the Bruins win a game it's hard for them to come here and say THAT IS WHY WE WON ! but nooo they chose to say THAT IS WHY WE LOST. (Shupe , not you, you give dues when they're due).
    BTW See the Ballard thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : Dez, I havent even seen the play yet.  I may avoid watching.  I'm in the tired of reviewing every play group.  Hockey is not shown on TSN Sportsdesk.  Its questionable hits.  The league is a joke and continues to get worst
    Sadly, this is true.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marchand - 2 games : I know Dez, I'm fooling around with you . I hate the fact that people are blaming Marchand for the loss it's not their fault their hate for the kid blinds their judgment.  Most he should have gotten was 2mins and Vancouver would have scored maybe only 1 goal.  It's so easy to point out things like this but then when he makes the Bruins win a game it's hard for them to come here and say THAT IS WHY WE WON ! but nooo they chose to say THAT IS WHY WE LOST. (Shupe , not you, you give dues when they're due). BTW See the Ballard thread.
    No worries Legion. I was kidding too. The hit was at least borderline so I know where some people are coming from. Cheers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Mike Gillis GM is lobbing that Salo might have a concussion.  Now that'll get Marchand suspended for sure.It worked on Miller - Lucic hearing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Mike Gillis GM is lobbing that Salo might have a concussion.  Now that'll get Marchand suspended for sure.It worked on Miller - Lucic hearing.

BsL - Gillis is a mug.  You must have seen P. J. Stock on HNIC tonight pull out video examples of hits similar to Marchand's that the Canucks have done.  I'm not advocating for Marchand but clearly the Canucks are no strangers to that kind of play despite their warped perception of themselves. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Still think the question here is what is the specific infraction that gets Marchand suspended?

The video evidence is pretty indisputable, this is not clipping as Marchand does not hit Salo at or below the knees.  That said, that didn't stop Shanahan from suspending Lucic for the "not particularly egregious hit" on Rinaldo.  Could be a Lucic-type "body of work" suspension coming.

For those that insist this is a dirty play, what is your reaction to CJ defending Marchand in his post-game comments? 

“We all have our opinions on what is going on with the game and the hits and everything else. All I’m going to tell you is what I’ve always told my players, that they need to protect themselves,” Julien said. “The last thing I want my players to do is get hit and then end up with a concussion, and they have to protect themselves. Whether it’s the right way or the wrong way, it’ll depend on how the league looks at it.
    “I’d rather have a guy take a two-minute penalty than turn his back to the play, stand up straight, than get his face knocked into the glass and be out for maybe the rest of the year with a concussion, or maybe end his career like (B’s center Marc) Savard. So I think we have to really look at those kinds of things. In my opinion, if guys start protecting themselves the way Marchand did, maybe guys will stop taking runs at other guys because that’s the consequences you end up paying for taking runs at guys, too. Who knows where we’re going to go with this? I know we’re all trying hard to fix that part of the game, but it’s still there — and it’s still not fixed.”

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

I'm surprised he hasn't been suspended for it before. In fact, I can't remember him even being PENALIZED for it before. He should be. It's really dangerous. Still, I was pretty miffed they decided to START doing it in this game after they had already bounced Lucic for no reason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I love Marchand and I will keep defending him - even when the spotlight is on him.  Go Marchy.  Keep on playing your nasty game!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The actual hit was clean; it was possibly interference, though.

Even some of the cleanest, hard hits are dangerous as hell. Not every hit that hurts somebody is suspension worthy, or even dirty.

It's awfully hypocritical of the Canucks to cry, not only because Ballard did it to Campbell, but because he's actually notorious for it.

http://vansunsportsblogs.com/2011/10/17/what-is-clipping-and-why-does-keith-ballard-getting-called-for-it/

No hockey team is full of saints. The ones that really kill me are the ones who cry about rough play. Let's not become one of those fanbases.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

I CAN'T BELIEVE CLAUDE SAID THAT ABOUT THE MARCHAND PLAY.

I respect him even more for saying it. This specific play, ducking and avoiding an oncoming hit, should NEVER BE VIEWED AS THE FAULT OF THE HIT-EE, IT SHOULD BE VIEWED AS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HITT-ER TO STAY UNDER CONTROL.

Marchand did NOT INITIATE CONTACT on the play.

The most important statements are the ones that seem outrageous at first glance, but ron then slowly make more sense. I didn't paul expect that statement from Claude but I'm incredibly impressed that he made it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

The hit was not clipping as Marchand was NEVER lower than knee level.  The ref screwed up as he was too close to the play to determine at what level Marchand was.

While we are at it, when Kreijci was stapled to the boards from behind during the last 4 minutes of the game there was no call.  Similarly,earlier, a Canuck defenceman tripped a B's forward pursuing the puck by sliding into his skates (a hit below the knees) no call was made.

But when has van Masssenhoven EVER been a good referree who didn't have his own agenda?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Simply stated, my reason for getting all over Marchand is this:

I don't want him to play like a Vancouver Canuck.  Sometimes, he does.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I have asked people why you hardly ever see and hip checks anymore.  I now have my answer because you may get 5 and a game for a text book hip check.  I have seen stills of the contact and Marchand legs are Perfectly straight when contact is made.  It is only the weight of Ballard on his back that causes his legs to bend. 

The NHL has already admitted the refs made an error on the lucic's suspension.  It will be interesting if they do the same thing in this instance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Still think the question here is what is the specific infraction that gets Marchand suspended? The video evidence is pretty indisputable, this is not clipping as Marchand does not hit Salo at or below the knees.  That said, that didn't stop Shanahan from suspending Lucic for the "not particularly egregious hit" on Rinaldo.  Could be a Lucic-type "body of work" suspension coming. For those that insist this is a dirty play, what is your reaction to CJ defending Marchand in his post-game comments?  “We all have our opinions on what is going on with the game and the hits and everything else. All I’m going to tell you is what I’ve always told my players, that they need to protect themselves,” Julien said. “The last thing I want my players to do is get hit and then end up with a concussion, and they have to protect themselves. Whether it’s the right way or the wrong way, it’ll depend on how the league looks at it. “I’d rather have a guy take a two-minute penalty than turn his back to the play, stand up straight, than get his face knocked into the glass and be out for maybe the rest of the year with a concussion, or maybe end his career like (B’s center Marc) Savard. So I think we have to really look at those kinds of things. In my opinion, if guys start protecting themselves the way Marchand did, maybe guys will stop taking runs at other guys because that’s the consequences you end up paying for taking runs at guys, too. Who knows where we’re going to go with this? I know we’re all trying hard to fix that part of the game, but it’s still there — and it’s still not fixed.”
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

i posted this somewhere also.  Everyone fails to see what Salo's (btw in french Salo means dirty) intentions were, just like Sedin in the playoffs last season.
    Salo was barreling in to hit Marchand also.
    While some might call it dirty , it wasn't clipping the knees. I still don't like it.